• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Fable III improvements

Status
Not open for further replies.

Night S1ash

Reaction score
He was stupid enough not to realize that a gun can fire more than one bullet. Less stupid dog plz.
He saved your life
He got you out of hob cave
He found all your treasure and digspots

Would you have half you stuff you have if you didn't get a dog?
No
Didn't think so

Twilight

Reaction score
He saved your life
He got you out of hob cave
He found all your treasure and digspots

Would you have half you stuff you have if you didn't get a dog?
No
Didn't think so
He didn't get me out of hob cave. It was a straight path nearly.

Theresa saved my life.

Digspot and treasures he found were useless.

So yes I would have half the stuff mainly because I already bought it in a shop. The only helpful thing he did in the whole game I can recall is when he got me the key when I was in the cage in Wraithmarsh. I didn't notice him in combat and he only served as a type of metal detector for treasure.

MMM

Reaction score

Theresa saved my life.

So yes I would have half the stuff mainly because I already bought it in a shop. The only helpful thing he did in the whole game I can recall is when he got me the key when I was in the cage in Wraithmarsh. I didn't notice him in combat and he only served as a type of metal detector for treasure.

The dog was pretty useless, especially in combat
but he was more of a companion, it's was just fun having it be their with you, hopefully they improve him now

Twilight

Reaction score
The dog was pretty useless, especially in combat
but he was more of a companion, it's was just fun having it be their with you, hopefully they improve him now
I agree with him being a good companion, but it wouldn't hurt to give him a real function. Maybe just sending him out for 24 hours to hunt for treasure or being able to give him commands such as "Eat that villager" would be nice. After a few play troughs I began to forget he was even there at all.

Pain

One pain is lessened by another's anguish
Reaction score
I think a fact of fable 3 about the dog you guys are talking about is the difference in its breed. Ive also read about how the dog is going to or suppose to be more active, responding to your actions with actions of his own, thats besides him looking or searching for dig spots and treasures through out your adventure. When you fight enemies in your adventures, some of them will fall down on the ground with enjuries that would only leave them immobalized for a short while before they rise back up again to fight even more. In Fable III, the dog will actually run over to those immobalized foes on the ground and finish them off for you so I suppose thats an attribute all Fable fans will appreciate as they play the game.

HelloFriend

Reaction score
If you utilized the prostitute function half as much as I did, those secret buried condoms that my dog found weren't useless at all. There was many a time where I had no chance to buy a rubber, and my virtual manhood was preserved by those condoms I had picked up down the road and forgotten about.

JBeach

Reaction score
My list:

The combat in Fable is great, no issues really there but there are plenty of good hack and slash games. Most, but not all, of my issues relate to the sandboxing.

1) Glitches - I'm sure there will be some, I hope that they take the time to come up with a patch for them this time and don't just leave it glitchy.

2) Villagers - I like the idea of marriage, children and interacting with the villagers - they should make an effort though to make them interesting. Having identical villagers and identical children saying the same handful of things over and over again got annoying. If they want your character to care about the people of Albion (including your own children) should be interesting and have personalities. In Fable 2 most of them had less personality and a smaller vocabulary than some parrots I've met - by the end of Fable 2 I would avoid going home or into a village because of the annoying, repetitive chatter.

3) Character consistency and motivation - If you were playing a good character you would have had a strong motivation to kill Reaver. Whether you were playing a good character or an evil character you would have had a strong motivation to kill Theresa and very little motivation to go along with her plans. If you played through "See The Future" you know that Theresa supplied the music box to Mungo and then talked your sister into wanting it, since Theresa can "see the future" you can be pretty sure she knew what would happen. Theresa deserved to die as much as Lucien did but if you wanted to play Fable 2 then you had to go along with Theresa and act like she was your friend or mentor or something.

4) No pub games - If I wanted an arcade game I'd download Tetris, I'm looking for an RPG, playing arcade games shouldn't be a requirement for the RPG. I also understand that in order to play the lute in Fable 3 you've got to play "Guitar Hero" - pressing buttons in the right sequence to play songs. Again, if I wanted to play Guitar Hero I would buy that instead.

5) Rose - They can't just leave that one hanging, they needed an explanation if Fable 2. they absolutely have to have one in Fable 3.

6) The moral code in Albion: I had some fun with this one, but they should fix it anyway. If you give someone a diamond you get 62 "good" if you then kill them you get 30 "evil." So, you can kill all the villagers you like and still be a saint, provided you're generous with expensive gifts (giving someone a Master weapon = 125-200 "good".)

Michael0100101

Reaction score
I just massacred bowerstone on f2 for old times sake and I noticed a few more things I want to add. First, when you where certain clothes, most notably, the assassin outfit, and you look at yourself from the side, you can see that the weapon on your back is not completely touching you. Second thing, I loved the knothole knight armor, especially the cape, however it always bothered me how certain weapons would go through the cape. I hope those things are improved.

GhostMachine

Reaction score
the ability to target children..... yes it had to be said...

lol right on, but apparently that's never going to happen. Everyone feel as though kids should never EVER have to witness any suffering or pain. Yet they need to wake up and smell reality a bit, because where does it say that adults should be the only ones to die or be killed? Its all the same to me.

When I was reading that list though at the top. I swear I thought all of that was in Fable III and I had said to myself "wow, really?" I mean someone said Fable III only has about 6 hairstyles....That's really crappy if you ask me. I mean why can't they just give us at least 30 or 50 hairstyles? Hairstyles should be easy to make. Clothing too. But I guess they really didn't care. Peter bashed Fable II and yet Fable III isn't any better.

GhostMachine

Reaction score
Alright, heres my list....

1) Less lag (with menus gone this should be better)
2) More armor (including more armor types)
3) A simpler armor ranking system (Fable 1 was pretty straight forward, but I was lost in fable 2, were the stars indicative of the defense factor?)
4) More areas, and specifically more towns
5) Dog: More dog breeds, different sizes, different fur textures, different barks, different advantages and disadvantages. A better way of healing your dog, not throwing some s*** on the ground and wait for him to eat it. A way to see your dogs health, maybe not a hud, but at least in the menu err. wait, well, maybe if you target the dog. More combat levels and treasure hunting levels for your dog. More uses for the dog. The ability to name your dog.
6) More AND better augments (Fable 2 may have had more augments but many of them were redundant and pointless.
7) Fable 1 style visual augment effect. By this I mean the glow the augments give your weapons. In fable 1 they were all different (spiraling up and around the weapon, radiating outward, etc.) and they had a shiny look. In fable 2 they were just a bunch of dots comming off the weapon, and the only difference was the color.
8) More clothing types. Stuff like rings and necklaces, and give them magical properties.
9) More hair styles
10) More silver keys, and more silver key chests that have higher requirments (in fable 2 the only chest I found myself not able to open right away was the fiarfax castle one.)
11) More difficulty. I've never died in any fable (or had to use a resurection phile)
12) More types of strength, skill and will abilities and have more levels for each of them, maybe even 100 (levels) Of course the xp requirements wouldn't be much at first, but towards level 70 or so make the requirements huge, so that only the most dedicated players can have max stats.
13) XP orbs travel to you automatically (actually, I'm pretty sure I saw this in a combat trailer, as orbs were traveling to the character as he was still swinging his weapon.)
14) More will abilities (other than spells, although also more spells) maybe an ability that causes spells to cast faster, or effect a greater radius.
15) A potion that makes you less bulky, but retain your strength, so that you can have the appearance of a skinny mage or ninja type person, and still have strong mele
16) An improved real estate system. Intead of having a fixed price to buy or sell, there hould be the ability to make an offer. Also in real life, not everyone wants to move out, maybe some people will require higher offers, regardless of the house, others may want to move out and require a lower asking price. You should be able to put houses on the market, if the price and town economy is right the house should sell in several in game days.

Well, I guess I should end it there, although I have plenty more ideas.

Not really a good idea. Why make it hard to enter a town just because you're evil? I mean really what does that do for you if you need to get in but can't unless you go out and become good in order to get back in. This sounds like an annoying idea rather than a good one. I can see if you went inside and tougher guards were there. So you fight them and then you can go inside. But having to sit and wait till day just to get in doesn't make any sense. Guards tend to protect places in the day time ten times more than at night because there are more people around during the day than there is at night. But its just a video game, so I wont go comparing it to real life. All I know is, having difficulty settings would be a good idea so everyone can experience the game the way they want to instead of having it forced on them. But thats how I feel about games that automatically start out hard. I hate video games that are so impossibly hard to play because sadly even the easy mode is like Hard mode or its extra extreme mode or whatever. Its like with Vanquish I want to play it, but then again you can't get hit no more than 2 or 4 times before your dead on Normal and Hard...Sucks.

AnaMaria

Reaction score
This is a cool game. Juju is my couison and I watch him play fable and it looks cool. I can't wait until the next time I go to my couison so I can play fable.

Mark

Reaction score
a decent map system would be nice, i mean teleporting to the sanctuary is all well and good but that map sucked... a map system (much like every RPG nowadays) would be a godsend !

especially with the size of the Fable world now, i mean Fable 1 was linear (no exploring really), Fable 2 far better... but Fable 3 really needed a decent map system.

I also hope they update a wanted poster to show it's MAJOR swift and not CAPTAIN swift :p

Serfix

Reaction score
Well

First of all I would like to see "Repair all" button to map so I don't need to click on every house I own and then repair it, saves loads of time

The dog gets easily stuck and when it finds something usually it just runs around in circles or something like that, so fix would be nice

More clothes

Dog should have had more skin options to begin with, maybe 4 but not only 2

Hero weapon customisation is way too random

The golden quest trail doesn't work sometimes at all and sometimes even points to wrong direction

and lastly eventhought I have newest xbox and I have installed fable 3 to hard disk the fps drops way too many times so that I can count how many pictures flashes before game runs smooth again.

!Blue Alphabet Soup!

Out The Window
Reaction score
rather than the current morphing system you should unlock parts by completing task that you can then attach to your weapon as you wish so that you don't get stuck with a combination that you hate ( like the Bone hilt).

Ben

Reaction score
First of all I would like to see "Repair all" button to map so I don't need to click on every house I own and then repair it, saves loads of time.

For all us Real Estate Barons out there, that would be very nice. By the time I finish repairing all my houses, my properties take a 2% repair hit. I know it's not much, but it's annoying. It would be a great time saver to add to the next DLC.

Brady

Reaction score
yea I hate having to click repair on every single building i own lol

Status
Not open for further replies.