• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Random Fable 3 rants!

Status
Not open for further replies.

King William

Reaction score
I did it was a princess once, and she looked like the Jim Carry, character Vera de Milo form, In Living Color.

Khalin

Reaction score
Yep, my wife and I definitely agree on your theory there......idiot.
Well now hold on, I'm not sure how that statement indicates me as an idiot. You mentioned your wife, so it sounds like you misread my post thinking I wrote "homosexuals" when I wrote "homophobes".

Being an insecure closet homophone myself (joke), it wasn't so much with dancing around with men, it was just that the dance lasted for ages. Fair enough doing a little dance - like a jig, but doing a full blown dirty dancing sc0ene everytime got tiring.
I do agree that the dancing and a couple of the other expressions took a little long, especially when you're doing them over and over to try and win over guild seals from people.

In Living Color.
Fire Martial Bill!

SebClem

Reaction score
Well now hold on, I'm not sure how that statement indicates me as an idiot.

oh - thought he was talking about me! lol...

I do agree that the dancing and a couple of the other expressions took a little long, especially when you're doing them over and over to try and win over guild seals from people.
Fire Martial Bill!
especially when my hero didn't earn guild seals by running past people! had to dance the night away... every night.

RSVR85

Reaction score
Well now hold on, I'm not sure how that statement indicates me as an idiot. You mentioned your wife, so it sounds like you misread my post thinking I wrote "homosexuals" when I wrote "homophobes".
Nope, I still think you're an idiot for saying it.....irrelevant of homophobe or homosexual.

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Yeesh - because a guy doesn't want to dance with another guy he's instantly homophobic? I swear that word gets chucked around a little too much these days.

Paladin-MoonKing

Reaction score
You can actually. I've done it.

All in all though Fable 3 let me down. Its like the retard baby of Fable 1 and Fable 2, except multiplied by a thousand.

All the flaws, I was really looking forward to having more things to do as king, but instead we get some bullshit about keeping promises and going bankrupt.

My list is as follows.

NPC's are hideous. Out of all the Fable's Fable 1's NPCs looked the best.
Quests are ridiculously horrible. Like seriously, delivering packages? Lame.
No boss fight, we went from bad mofo jack of blades, to one shot lucien, to nothing.
Upgrading the 50 weapons is tedious and pointless. Why couldn't we have just stuck with basic weapons and augmented them? I liked that system.
Managing property is too much trouble. I rent a house out to these people, they drive it to s*** and I have to pay to fix it? Double U Tee Eff.
No childhood sequence. I loved that, you really got into your character, seeing how they were as a child. seeing how it all went to s***.
One piece of food. No need to say more.
Expressions, lame. Whats with the whole farting thing?
The latent closet homosexualness. No offense to gays. But I don't like holding hands with dewds. The only dude hands I ever held were my father's when I was "this many" and that one guy who I was dragging into the forest to bury.
Weak story, seriously, you kill like hundreds of f****** people to get to the castle, so your brother can say, "I'm proud you've turned into a man sunny boy". You just orphaned and widowed like 500 people and that's it?
Finally the rapid digression from the original Fable. Pmolly has almost made me completely give up on the fable franchise and Lionhead. I will be buying Fable IV but if its any worse than fable 3 I will hurl a brick at the studio window. Wherever the f*** the studio is located at.

And that just about does it. //nod
Just to comment real fast on this: "No boss fight, we went from bad mofo jack of blades, to one shot lucien, to nothing." I do very much agree on the whole lack of boss fights since fable 1. But, to be fair, what was going on at the end of the game when The Crawler took over Sir Walter? Were you guys just dancing together for a while? I'm pretty sure I fought him. As a boss. haha. You do make many other good argument's though, but I do think Fable 3 was worth it. While it has faults, what game doesn't? I do still say Fable 1 is my favorite though.

Khalin

Reaction score
Nope, I still think you're an idiot for saying it.....irrelevant of homophobe or homosexual.
Actually, I think you did misread it because you felt the need to bring up your wife. But anyways, your statement is a very blank Ad Hominem. You didn't even explain how it supposedly makes me an idiot, which makes it sound like you might fall in the category I referenced and took great offense to it since your initial response to me sounds more like a knee-jerk emotional reaction. Let me give a better explanation of what I meant before:

I have many straight male friends that aren't bothered in the slightest by seeing their male character use the dance expression with male NPC's. At most, one of them might mutter an "haha", but that's about it. At the same time, I see several guys that can't seem to stand it because it makes them rather uncomfortable since they feel it looks "gay", even though it in no way actually makes them gay. This discomfort by seeing something that they loosely perceive as "gay" is in fact, a form a homophobia. Especially if you compare it to the straight guys I mentioned beforehand, who aren't bothered by it, and the straight guys I mentioned secondhand, who are bothered by it, there's clearly a difference between these two types of guys to make them react differently. Well, the difference is obvious. The first group of guys [my IRL straight friends] don't feel threatened, discomforted, or offended in the slightest by anything loosely seen as "gayness", but the second group of guys are clearly discomforted by it [even if it's just a little], and try to hide behind this statement "well no offense to gays, but-" as if that's supposed to remove the rest of their complaint which makes it seem like there's something wrong with it. That's what I meant by "closet homophobe", and no, someone doesn't necessarily have to be screaming "I ****ING HATE FAGGOTS THEY NEED TO DIE" to qualify as a homophobe - that's just a more severe type. There are varying lesser degrees of homophobia, just like anything else.

Yeesh - because a guy doesn't want to dance with another guy he's instantly homophobic? I swear that word gets chucked around a little too much these days.
Well let's be more specific - this is a complaint of seeing your video game protagonist dancing with a male NPC bringing enough discomfort for you to complain [I'm not talking about you specifically - I just mean whoever has made the complaint]. Sounds a bit silly, but more importantly it's a slight form of homophobia. I do in fact, understand where this feeling stems from and why it's there [for understandable reasons actually], but it doesn't mean it isn't a slight form of homophobia. What if the statement instead were something like "no offense to blacks but I don't want to dance with them", and yes that's a slight warp, but it's there to make a quick point.

Don't get sidetracked though, there are lots of guys that have "slight" feelings of homophobia but can still be friends with gay guys. I'm not trying to persecute them, but the dance expression whining was getting annoying, which was my original "Fable 3 rant!" ie. bring back the expression wheel back so the complaints are no more.

joslen1

Resident Psychiatrist
Reaction score
Actually, I think you did misread it because you felt the need to bring up your wife. But anyways, your statement is a very blank Ad Hominem. You didn't even explain how it supposedly makes me an idiot, which makes it sound like you might fall in the category I referenced and took great offense to it since your initial response to me sounds more like a knee-jerk emotional reaction. Let me give a better explanation of what I meant before:

I have many straight male friends that aren't bothered in the slightest by seeing their male character use the dance expression with male NPC's. At most, one of them might mutter an "haha", but that's about it. At the same time, I see several guys that can't seem to stand it because it makes them rather uncomfortable since they feel it looks "gay", even though it in no way actually makes them gay. This discomfort by seeing something that they loosely perceive as "gay" is in fact, a form a homophobia. Especially if you compare it to the straight guys I mentioned beforehand, who aren't bothered by it, and the straight guys I mentioned secondhand, who are bothered by it, there's clearly a difference between these two types of guys to make them react differently. Well, the difference is obvious. The first group of guys [my IRL straight friends] don't feel threatened, discomforted, or offended in the slightest by anything loosely seen as "gayness", but the second group of guys are clearly discomforted by it [even if it's just a little], and try to hide behind this statement "well no offense to gays, but-" as if that's supposed to remove the rest of their complaint which makes it seem like there's something wrong with it. That's what I meant by "closet homophobe", and no, someone doesn't necessarily have to be screaming "I f****** HATE FAGGOTS THEY NEED TO DIE" to qualify as a homophobe - that's just a more severe type. There are varying lesser degrees of homophobia, just like anything else.

Well let's be more specific - this is a complaint of seeing your video game protagonist dancing with a male NPC bringing enough discomfort for you to complain [I'm not talking about you specifically - I just mean whoever has made the complaint]. Sounds a bit silly, but more importantly it's a slight form of homophobia. I do in fact, understand where this feeling stems from and why it's there [for understandable reasons actually], but it doesn't mean it isn't a slight form of homophobia. What if the statement instead were something like "no offense to blacks but I don't want to dance with them", and yes that's a slight warp, but it's there to make a quick point.

Don't get sidetracked though, there are lots of guys that have "slight" feelings of homophobia but can still be friends with gay guys. I'm not trying to persecute them, but the dance expression whining was getting annoying, which was my original "Fable 3 rant!" ie. bring back the expression wheel back so the complaints are no more.

let me get this straight... you're arguing over the basis of homoerotic feelings in a game, and whether or not you have qualms with said homoerotic feelings...
It's interesting, because it purely depends on perspective. If I was to hug you, you might think 'oh, that was a bit homoerotic... maybe he's gay'. however, I'm completely straight, and you just misread that action totally.
My point is, if you don't feel comfortable with your character hugging/kissing/dancing with/ playing pat-a-cake with other men, don't do it. Just hang out with chicks.
--END OF DISCUSSION--​

Khalin

Reaction score
let me get this straight... you're arguing over the basis of homoerotic feelings in a game, and whether or not you have qualms with said homoerotic feelings...
It's interesting, because it purely depends on perspective. If I was to hug you, you might think 'oh, that was a bit homoerotic... maybe he's gay'. however, I'm completely straight, and you just misread that action totally.
Well I agree, but I'm not sure if you read my post right. What started this whole discussion was someone who got offended and tried to insult me when I said this:
I really want the expression wheel back - if anything, just so I won't have to hear annoying complaints from insecure closet homophobes whining about the dance expression.

I wasn't the one complaining about homoerotic feelings [I am gay].

joslen1

Resident Psychiatrist
Reaction score
I wasn't the one complaining about homoerotic feelings [I am gay].

i wasn't basing my comments on you, per se, but adding to the conversation by replying to the last part of said conversation, figuring your intellectual sparring partner would spot it and carry on, despite my (END OF DISCUSSION) comment. Also, even gay people get intimidated by homo-eroticism; people are weird (I'm not even fully qualified yet and already know that I have major trust and insecurity issues, a fear of human contact, sexual or otherwise, mild sadism, a superiority complex, coupled with a mild hero syndrome, and an unstable personality, which I believe was caused by a less than pleasant experience as a child which i won't go into detail about, I'm also highly condescending. As a result i will die cold and alone, still typing on ProjectEgo, and picking ethical, moral, and political arguments out of everything, and generally making other peoples lifes difficult (don't worry, thats the sadist in me talking)
Yes, I'm mad, but everyone is, a little bit. If you had no neurosis, you wouldn't have a personality.
I'm sorry you had to read that, but I had to get that off my chest.

Khalin

Reaction score
i wasn't basing my comments on you, per se, but adding to the conversation by replying to the last part of said conversation, figuring your intellectual sparring partner would spot it and carry on, despite my (END OF DISCUSSION) comment. Also, even gay people get intimidated by homo-eroticism; people are weird (I'm not even fully qualified yet and already know that I have major trust and insecurity issues, a fear of human contact, sexual or otherwise, mild sadism, a superiority complex, coupled with a mild hero syndrome, and an unstable personality, which I believe was caused by a less than pleasant experience as a child which i won't go into detail about, I'm also highly condescending. As a result i will die cold and alone, still typing on ProjectEgo, and picking ethical, moral, and political arguments out of everything, and generally making other peoples lifes difficult (don't worry, thats the sadist in me talking)
Yes, I'm mad, but everyone is, a little bit. If you had no neurosis, you wouldn't have a personality.
I'm sorry you had to read that, but I had to get that off my chest.
Lmao, dude let me buy you a drink!

And no matter about the conversation, I think they understand what I was saying. Hopefully they don't think I'm trying to bash them either. But since we're on the subject of Fable 3 rants, another minor complaint I had was the lack of control for fast-traveling in Millfields and Mourningwood once the demon doors are gone. It's not really a big deal to walk the distance around, but it's an oversight that's a bit unacceptable.

joslen1

Resident Psychiatrist
Reaction score
Lmao, dude let me buy you a drink!

And no matter about the conversation, I think they understand what I was saying. Hopefully they don't think I'm trying to bash them either. But since we're on the subject of Fable 3 rants, another minor complaint I had was the lack of control for fast-traveling in Millfields and Mourningwood once the demon doors are gone. It's not really a big deal to walk the distance around, but it's an oversight that's a bit unacceptable.
Totally agree.

and i'll have a Gibson (nothing says 'drown away the problems you discovered by your own self nosey-ness' like a Martini glass full of vodka (or Gin, with a splash of Vermouth), with a raw onion drowning in the middle of it (seriously, try it... I can guarantee you've never got drunk until there's an onion involved))

destroythesaints

"Tatty-bye!"
Reaction score
Yeah, Fable III is a bit in shambles.
The dog - and Page, too - I wish I could kill them both. Seriously. I hate the dog. I thought he couldn't get stupider but no, I was surprised. No kidding, I'm always at the treasure chest before he even knows it exists.
There's no one good to marry. Yep. The only decent one is Elise / Elliot (or, if you're lucky, you have live and can marry other players, but I'm not one of them ) but if you pick the stupider choice you're forsaken to marrying uglies for the rest of your gaming career on that certain account.
Unorganised menus for shops / etc. UGH.
How there's no real change from evil / pure. I haven't even noticed a change in my pure character. My evil character hardly looks different!
I would've liked a kickass antagonist, like Jack.. instead of some creepy insect bitchass.
And Aurora. Don't know how I feel about that.

SweetWater

Reaction score
1. What was with the rapid degrading of bosses throughout the games? In Fable: TLC you had to fight the Jack of Blades, which was a difficult boss battle where you had to time when to run behind some walls that pop up, when you should shoot him, when you should run out and attack him after you finish the first part of the boss battle, all the while being attacked by some of his hobbe minions. That was an awesome boss battle that I tried more than once on. The 2nd game had the silly ending of one-hit killing the boss, which is understandable because I can't quite imagine he'd do so well in a fight. Fighting Walter in the 3rd game, though, was disappointing. You would hit him a few times, roll backward and shoot him with your gun or a spell, then run back to him and repeat. It took only one try and was pretty much a simple hack & slash because apparently the Crawler isn't too clever.
2. Glitches. I mowed through my first save file without trouble. On my second save file I was in Bowerstone Market and my dog found a digspot, where I began to dig. After digging away at it and accepting the item, a "dig" option was still present, so I pressed A to continue digging and my character did so, but received no item and became part of the ground. I had to restart from my last save, which really just meant I had to re-purchase all the shops I had purchased.

3. Ugly NPCs. They're either too old or look like a man. The best looking NPC would be Elise. Overall, the best looking character in the game is the female hero.

4. Better town progression. More places like Driftwood would be appreciated.

Khalin

Reaction score
1. What was with the rapid degrading of bosses throughout the games? In Fable: TLC you had to fight the Jack of Blades, which was a difficult boss battle
Not to sound elitist, but I don't think that Jack of Blades was a difficult boss battle at all. I can do the entire thing without getting hit [even without Physical Shield]. It lacked challenge. The dragon fight was the only fight in the entire game that encompassed any sort of challenge.

3. Ugly NPCs. They're either too old or look like a man. The best looking NPC would be Elise. Overall, the best looking character in the game is the female hero.
Most of the NPC's are pretty ugly, yes, though I disagree with you about the female hero being the best-looking character in the game.

destroythesaints

"Tatty-bye!"
Reaction score
Not to sound elitist, but I don't think that Jack of Blades was a difficult boss battle at all. I can do the entire thing without getting hit [even without Physical Shield]. It lacked challenge. The dragon fight was the only fight in the entire game that encompassed any sort of challenge.

Most of the NPC's are pretty ugly, yes, though I disagree with you about the female hero being the best-looking character in the game.
Jack was just cool.
Anyone with 'blades' in their name has to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.