• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Random Fable 3 rants!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aions

Cant dance.
Reaction score
legendary weps are just pre set wep morphs
some silver key chests have crap in them
that one gold door that has highway man/woman suits in it WTF!?
you have to buy the black dye with real money WTF!!!!
understone was ****
shooting range and reavers wheel thing should have been in final game...

on the other hand

lakes and ponds look amazing
your hero looks like your own hero in co-op
good story (IMO) i loved it, the darkness was a good twist
magic system improved

Lydia777

Proud Spammer of Will
Reaction score
you have to buy the black dye with real money WTF!!!!
understone was s***
shooting range and reavers wheel thing should have been in final game...

Amen. The Understone Quest pack was as short as ****. Took me five minutes to finish it and I didn't need the real estate because I was already flowing in cash.

What a waste of five bucks.

Khalin

Reaction score
Amen. The Understone Quest pack was as short as s***. Took me five minutes to finish it and I didn't need the real estate because I was already flowing in cash.

What a waste of five bucks.
Hm I don't think that's necessarily true. I loved the Mercenary Shooting Range actually. I got a score of 750 on it last time I tried it. It's pretty addicting to me, at least for a short while. I'd say that's fair for $5.

Lydia777

Proud Spammer of Will
Reaction score
Hm I don't think that's necessarily true. I loved the Mercenary Shooting Range actually. I got a score of 750 on it last time I tried it. It's pretty addicting to me, at least for a short while. I'd say that's fair for $5.

I wasn't looking for some mini-game though. I was looking for a bit more adventure and the quest was remarkably short. If they just added a little something more like extra quests regarding Understone (hell, I wouldn't care if it was a a wild goose chase), I'd be a bit more satisfied. The whole premise of a community living underground would've made an excellent side-story if they gave more background into it. Like trying to convince the townspeople you aren't a mutant or fighting spooked villagers. Any extra quests. Anything.

Reaver's Wheel of Misfortune and the Mercenary Shooting Range could have easily have been in the original game. The black dye should've been in the original game but we have to pay extra to get it. This is just Lionhead's way of trying to wheedle more money out of us.

destroythesaints

"Tatty-bye!"
Reaction score
I'd honestly say it's not worth it. You don't even get achievements like the DLC from Fable 2.

I don't even really know what it's about to be honest. I never bothered to even look into it before.

AcireJumi

And what an impression you've made. :D
Reaction score
I don't even really know what it's about to be honest. I never bothered to even look into it before.
You get like this little mission to walk to this city that lives underground and all that jazz. It's more of a pain. There are no shops and your family doesn't even like to live there.
The shooting range, however, can be fun if you liked that in Fable 2. Haven't tried the Wheel of Misfortune yet...dunno what is does. All you really get is a few new legendary weapons (they don't count for the Guns Achievement).

destroythesaints

"Tatty-bye!"
Reaction score
You get like this little mission to walk to this city that lives underground and all that jazz. It's more of a pain. There are no shops and your family doesn't even like to live there.
The shooting range, however, can be fun if you liked that in Fable 2. Haven't tried the Wheel of Misfortune yet...dunno what is does. All you really get is a few new legendary weapons (they don't count for the Guns Achievement).

The Wheel of Misfortune, if I'm correct, is sort of like the Crucible.

AcireJumi

And what an impression you've made. :D
Reaction score
Oooh, that would be fun then. *o* The Crucible was one of my favorite parts. I'm gonna have to try now.

Khalin

Reaction score
I'd honestly say it's not worth it. You don't even get achievements like the DLC from Fable 2.
I would get any DLC for the possibility that it might entertain me, even if it's just for a few hours. Achievements seem useless to me since there isn't anything you can do with your Gamer Score. I can understand wanting to get the achievements for a game that's actually challenging like Ninja Gaiden II or something just for the shine, but other than that they seem sorta pointless.

It is. The Wheel of Misfortune is alright, but the real fun is with the Mercenary Shooting Range.

destroythesaints

"Tatty-bye!"
Reaction score

Khalin

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure I'm correct, only it's Reaver or something doing the commentary. Hell, you might even get gold.
Nah, you just get judged on a rather silly score system and you can get a couple new guns, plus a heap of Reaver portraits. Most of the commentary is done by Hatch, though once in a while you'll hear Reaver chime in.

destroythesaints

"Tatty-bye!"
Reaction score
Guns are still pretty awesome. But didn't that dude die, the fookin perv?
Whatever. lol.

RawrSaidTheSock

Professional Reaverphile
Reaction score
I think they should of done a childhood sequence at the beggining of the game because then you would know the back story of your Hero and Logan. It would of also given some insight on Elise/Elliot, maybe making you more attatched to them and therefore making the decision Logan forces you to do, harder.
The mini-map thing REALLY annoyed me. Like when you wanted to get to Reavers mansion it took you ages away from it. Also the bandits pop-up in the SAME place everytime.
Even though in Fable 2 I hated the banshees atleast they were a challenge, battles in Fable 3 were too easy and Im the worst person EVER at fighting on XBox (Seriously, my F2 Hero had more scars that skin) I barley got knocked out. :L
Fable 3 seemed really rushed to me :/

destroythesaints

"Tatty-bye!"
Reaction score
I think they should of done a childhood sequence at the beggining of the game because then you would know the back story of your Hero and Logan. It would of also given some insight on Elise/Elliot, maybe making you more attatched to them and therefore making the decision Logan forces you to do, harder.
The mini-map thing REALLY annoyed me. Like when you wanted to get to Reavers mansion it took you ages away from it. Also the bandits pop-up in the SAME place everytime.
Even though in Fable 2 I hated the banshees atleast they were a challenge, battles in Fable 3 were too easy and Im the worst person EVER at fighting on XBox (Seriously, my F2 Hero had more scars that skin) I barley got knocked out. :L
Fable 3 seemed really rushed to me : src="http://projectego.net/forums/images/smilies/01/hmm.gif" _mce_src="http://projectego.net/forums/images/smilies/01/hmm.gif">

I have to agree, but I still regret killing Elise / Elliot, due to the fact all the NPCs are fugly little bitches (though you can find some females that look DECENT.. as in, I'm desperate decent). Seriously. But I have to agree with you on most of it. I didn't get knocked out once and nor have I since that first game. lol. Overall, it's easier when I think games should progress and become harder. So. lol. And.. I don't know if you've played Oblivion.. but I'd like a bigger map and maybe more quests. I get so bored after I've completed the game because I go through the side quests like a damn breeze. Haha. They should put me on the staff, I'd make the game so unbearably awesome it'd blow everyone's mind.
/Done bragging.

Status
Not open for further replies.