• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Annoying things your parents do.

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score
It is just as bad, but creationists in America appear to be trying to get intelligent design into schools.

Church/state separation mandates will always keep that from happening here. The real debate is whether to teach evolution in schools or to teach nothing at all regarding that subject.

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score
How did we go from parents to creationism?

What's next, we're gonna discuss Hitler?

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
So Hitler, an atheist, a Creationist and some other random dude walked into a bar...

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Because our parents created us.

drum_I_has_more_pictures_for_you-s398x343-149263-535.jpg

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Because our parents created us.
LIES! I arrived in a Christmas cracker and that's the end of it. As Blackadder himself puts it:

One massively disappointing bang and the novelty soon wore off.

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
LIES! I arrived in a Christmas cracker and that's the end of it. As Blackadder himself puts it:

One massively disappointing bang and the novelty soon wore off.

My mother swears she found me under a cabbage leaf in the garden. Does explain the smell I suppose.

D3m190d

Your Future Emperor
Reaction score
Church/state separation mandates will always keep that from happening here. The real debate is whether to teach evolution in schools or to teach nothing at all regarding that subject.
Evolution is proven and the cornerstone for biology: It's quite obvious it should be mandatory to be taught.

HobbeBrain

It's getting better, man!
Reaction score
Classic Zarkes

I think this may have been placed a little to strongly.

Just because Zarkes said it, that doesn't make it one of his screwed up, word vomit puzzles you have to figure out (not offence Zarko). I found that pretty legible...

Aions

Cant dance.
Reaction score

What's next, we're gonna discuss Hitler?
Godwin's Law: As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of Nazi or Hitler spontaneously materialising and enacting systematic genocide against the poster approaches one.

good job :sly:

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Quite right, quite right. Aren't I quite the clever and sophisticated gentleman? Everyone can post a trollface.jpg these days, but only a person of true tact and grace such as myself can make use of Godwin's Law in an ironic fashion.

El Mosqueton

Party Animal
Reaction score
Evolution is proven and the cornerstone for biology: It's quite obvious it should be mandatory to be taught.
Actaual question here: Wasn't it the theory of evolution? As in it has yet to be proved?

El Mosqueton

Party Animal
Reaction score
Get out right now.
As always, Arseface. I am not debating wether it happened or not, as I agree with you people in the sense that it DID happen. I am just saying that it is still regarded as a theory.

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score
As always, Arseface. I am not debating wether it happened or not, as I agree with you people in the sense that it DID happen. I am just saying that it is still regarded as a theory.

First: It's the only real "theory" we have as to how we came about, so there's no point in bringing up that it's "unproven", when it's the best thing we've got regardless. There are no other contenders to replace evolution with.

Second: Theory =/= unproven. Gravity is a theory. Evolution has been proven beyond a reasonable doubt. Theory is the strongest scientific term you'll encounter outside the realm of mathematics. Evolution will never be regarded as anything "higher" than a theory. Neither will gravity. The only way theory would ever mean anything close to unproven is in the sense that you can't prove anything because truth is subjective.

And sorry I was blunt before. I really get annoyed when people bring this up.

Aions

Cant dance.
Reaction score
First: It's the only real "theory" we have as to how we came about, so there's no point in bringing up that it's "unproven", when it's the best thing we've got regardless. There are no other contenders to replace evolution with.

Second: Theory =/= unproven. Gravity is a theory. Evolution has been proven beyond a reasonable doubt. Theory is the strongest scientific term you'll encounter outside the realm of mathematics. Evolution will never be regarded as anything "higher" than a theory. Neither will gravity. The only way theory would ever mean anything close to unproven is in the sense that you can't prove anything because truth is subjective.

i love you right now

Tyloric

Illogical Process of Elimination
Reaction score
As a Christian, I believe many other Christians treat the bible as a history book, rather than a guideline and life lesson.

I believe in God and evolution... funny how that works. Everything stems from a common origin, even if the origin itself is debatable.

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score
i love you right now

Ily :kiss:

As a Christian, I believe many other Christians treat the bible as a history book, rather than a guideline and life lesson.

I believe in God and evolution... funny how that works. Everything stems from a common origin, even if the origin itself is debatable.

I'd also like to just clarify that I'm not hating on religion. Believe what you want. I just don't like the idea that school systems would take evolution out of the syllabus, or replace it with intelligent design just because of religion driven lobbying.

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
I think this may have been placed a little to strongly.

Just because Zarkes said it, that doesn't make it one of his screwed up, word vomit puzzles you have to figure out (not offence Zarko). I found that pretty legible...
Zarko, I like that I do.

El Mosqueton

Party Animal
Reaction score

Thank you. This was the answer I was looking for when I wrote:
Actual question

Even thought then I don't understand why people refer to gravity as a law, instead of a theory.