• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Ask The Staff 'Anything'

T

TcoWhite

Re: Ask The Staff 'Anything'

Whats you opinion about the features we know about fable 2 so far?
What do you think about the Co-Op? Do you think it will be quite enjoyable?
What about the Dog? Do you think he/she will be a Valuable Asset?
What about the Combat? DO you think you'll get accustomed to it?
In other words whats your opinion?
Just want to know :p
And i want anwsers with reasons :D

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

sabre3993;164770 said:
alright say i beat halo3 half way on legendary, and then i beat the other half with a friend on legendary, do i still get the legendary achievement?
Yup - that's how I did it :D

TcoWhite;164793 said:
Ever Tried Cappuccino? And Whats Your Favourite Fruit :D?
I LOVE cappuccino! But I never eat fruit...well, chocolate covered raisins I do and apples in pie so long as they aren't discernibly lumpy... should be due a bout of scurvy anytime soon...

TcoWhite;164799 said:
Reasons? Grrr...ok
1. I think the features will bring a stronger sense of involvement with the characters than Fable or Fable TLC did.
2. Not sure about co-op...I'd have to use it to be able to really evaluate the level of enjoyment. Co-op can be great but if someone can just walk in and screw things up, I don't know if I'd have the patience or good humour for that.
3. The dog? Well, I am still not entirely sure how it'll work, largely because I don't watch all the diaries and read all the info - I don't want everything spoiled for me. The dog would be useful...but knowing me I'll probably get irritated with it eventually.
4. I'm crap at combat, no matter how easy it is, so I'll be the one still moaning I can't kill anyone when Fable 100 is coming out :p

Will that do?

Angel

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

Screw it then :p

Angel

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

Some, yes. I'm quite a fan of what Studio Ghibli churn out - favourites being Grave of the Fireflies and Spirited Away...

Also liked Legend of Crystania (sp?)...

Not really seen many others that most people go on about - only knew about anime a couple of years ago after a friend from the US recommended watching some...

T

TcoWhite

Angel;164827 said:
Some, yes. I'm quite a fan of what Studio Ghibli churn out - favourites being Grave of the Fireflies and Spirited Away...

Also liked Legend of Crystania (sp?)...

Not really seen many others that most people go on about - only knew about anime a couple of years ago after a friend from the US recommended watching some...

Personally i love anime :D
Also have you ever had an ambition in life that you really wanted to fulfill yet you never got the chance?

Angel

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

Had the chance and lost it - these things happen ;)

Angel

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

Good for you - take every opportunity that comes your way too and take any knockbacks as a way to improve, not give up ;)

T

TcoWhite

Angel;164837 said:
Good for you - take every opportunity that comes your way too and take any knockbacks as a way to improve, not give up ;)
Meh i'll definatley Persevere!:D

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

TcoWhite;164799 said:

Love the new look of the HUD (or lack of it) makes for a much more real look and is not as cluttered as the old one. I think the co-op is an amazing prospect and could be a lot if fun and really helpful and community driven. If they can manage to pull off the online (which they wont speak about yet) then it will be one of the best features ive seen in a game for a while. I think the dog will be interesting and will bring lots of new and unseen experiences to the game that havent been seen much in games. Adds that element of emotion and attachment in there at the same time too. I think the combat looks better than ever and the one button context sensitive style looks great.

TcoWhite;164824 said:
Do You Like Anime?

DBZ and Death Note spring to mind straight away, and will start watching Bleach when i get the time.

TcoWhite;164831 said:
Also have you ever had an ambition in life that you really wanted to fulfill yet you never got the chance?

Yeah of course unfortunately.

T

TcoWhite

DO You Think Fable 2 Will be Overhyped? If So Who By and Why?
Would It Be Overhyped By The Community Or Overhyped By Peter?

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

TcoWhite;164850 said:

I think the fans will be expecting more from Fable 2 than anyone. Disappointed by the promises of the last, they will be holding onto the unachievable promises of the last one. Although Peter still lets his mouth run away with him he knows to not promise the earth anymore.

Angel

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

TcoWhite;164850 said:
no matter what, games get over-hyped - there will always be some people who expect unbelievable things and get all grouchy when the developers don't deliver... If Peter didn't big-up his own game, he'd be a fool. No one markets a product without believing in it first - punters can smell uncertainty from a mile off ;)

I purposefully read/watch very little to do with Fable 2 so that I don't get into that state of mind which makes people anticipate more than there is possible to produce and then get hit in the face with the mother of all anticlimaxes instead of enjoying the game for what it is...

A sequel usually has a hell of a lot to live up to - especially if the previous game was successful and has a large fanbase - but I believe that Lionhead would not even think of bringing out a game for a next-gen console that would not have improved, elaborated and completely redone some aspects of the original concept.

Or something....

T

TcoWhite

Angel;164925 said:
no matter what, games get over-hyped - there will always be some people who expect unbelievable things and get all grouchy when the developers don't deliver... If Peter didn't big-up his own game, he'd be a fool. No one markets a product without believing in it first - punters can smell uncertainty from a mile off ;)

I purposefully read/watch very little to do with Fable 2 so that I don't get into that state of mind which makes people anticipate more than there is possible to produce and then get hit in the face with the mother of all anticlimaxes instead of enjoying the game for what it is...

A sequel usually has a hell of a lot to live up to - especially if the previous game was successful and has a large fanbase - but I believe that Lionhead would not even think of bringing out a game for a next-gen console that would not have improved, elaborated and completely redone some aspects of the original concept.

Or something....

I Always read/watch everything to do with Fable 2, but you know what i do?
I set down a list of things i would expect and these things would be the most basic things such as a long story line a bigger world etc.
This way I'd be pleased it met my expectations and to me the only thing it could do is get better and better

Angel

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

My imagination runs away with me at the best of times, so I don't think I have the self-control for that...I'd end up expecting ridiculous things and then get cross with myself when they don't appear in the game...

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

Angel, did you notice how incredibly British Tom Holt's books were? Not Goatsong so much, but Flying Dutch and Expecting Someone Taller were very, very, British. The spellings, the words, and lots of references. Also, Expecting Someone Taller kinda sucked. Flying Dutch was cool and Goatsong I haven't decided yet.

Angel

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

Yup, they are pretty British... it's what makes the humour more amusing to me because he tends to use the full extent of the English sense of comedy, which isn't always understood by others. The spellings will be british as a matter of course - won't find many english authors using american spellings.

Flying Dutch is said to be one of his best works, to be honest...everyone who has ever read a Tom Holt book usually recommends that one first. I read Ye Gods first and loved it, so I prefer that, personally.

It's interesting - most American reviewers of Tom's work really hate it yet the British reviewers are wetting themselves laughing over every page...

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

I don't know. Expecting Someone Taller really did kinda suck; but Flying Dutch was highly amusing.

And I don't know if it really is because of the British-ness of his writing-- a bunch of the other authors I read are Brits too, and none of them are as obscure. Though maybe it's that this is supposed to be humor.

And yeah, obviously the Brits would be using the Brit spelling-- I just noticed it a lot more in this one. Strangely, it wasn't the normal ones-- "-re" and "-our" and "-exion" and "-isation." The ones that I really noticed were "tyre" and "kerb." Several times.

Ye Gods is actually one of them I ordered; but I got an "unfillable" notice from Marina; so I'll have to go try again.