• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Ask The Staff 'Anything'

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Re: Ask The Staff 'Anything'

He's obscure all right...maybe that's why he doesn't have as much of a presence elsewhere like Pratchett does? I don't know...

Yeah, we spell things weird :lol: - I swear, it's a miracle anyone ever learns English as we know it given that nothing is spelt how you'd expect and it certainly doesn't sound like it ought to...

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

No, I mean "obscure" in the sense of "hard to understand" and "shadowed." Maybe I'm not subtle enough, though I doubt it. But occassionally I felt like I was missing something that was meant to be funny.

Well, I think that curb and tire look more reasonable, but I'm biased.

Angel

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

Given we like to have words which look and sound the same but mean twenty different things in context, for some reason this doesn't seem to apply to those two particular words. Odd.

And yeah, I get that feeling too sometimes...it's either he's trying to be enormously intelligently subtle or has lost the reader completely...I try not to think too hard when I'm reading his stuff for that precise reason :lol:

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

Which words are you talking about? I can't seem to think of any, but I know there are some.

Okay, so it's not just me.

Angel

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

Words like lead, tear, ware etc have different meanings depending on the context in which they are used, but are all spelt the same way. Makes it damn hard to teach my kid how to read when even I don't always know which one is being used until the whole sentence has been read. Read - that's another one...

/incoherent ramble

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

Yeah, I came up with two for each there. Good point.

T

TcoWhite

Angel;164976 said:
Words like lead, tear, ware etc have different meanings depending on the context in which they are used, but are all spelt the same way. Makes it damn hard to teach my kid how to read when even I don't always know which one is being used until the whole sentence has been read. Read - that's another one...

/incoherent ramble

Lmao
Ever ran into a lampost? xD:p

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

TcoWhite;164982 said:
Ever ran into a lampost? xD:p

Nope, one of the few things i havent done when drunk. :lol:

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

Well, I've rarely had trouble knowing which word is meant, not sure why. At least not that I remember. That's something.

T

TcoWhite

Walker;164985 said:
Well, I've rarely had trouble knowing which word is meant, not sure why. At least not that I remember. That's something.

To me this sounded really confusing :unsure:

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

Continuing a random conversation with Angel.

Angel

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

I have my dippy moments - plus when Jessica is reading, it can take a while to decipher exactly what she means, given that she cannot tell the difference between words like read and read etc.

As for lampposts? Yeah - frequently.

T

TcoWhite

Angel;164992 said:
I have my dippy moments - plus when Jessica is reading, it can take a while to decipher exactly what she means, given that she cannot tell the difference between words like read and read etc.

As for lampposts? Yeah - frequently.

Lmao, Same here - it always happens when i've just been insulted and i turn to look at the person in awe and i just go head on and smash into a lampost... oh the pain:wacko:

Angel

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

I'm not the most observant - if it's big, brightly painted and obvious to the rest of the world you can guarantee I'll smack right into it :lol:

T

TcoWhite

Angel;164999 said:
I'm not the most observant - if it's big, brightly painted and obvious to the rest of the world you can guarantee I'll smack right into it :lol:

LOL, i loved the way you worded that, do you take intrest into the enviroment around you?

Angel

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

Depends how you mean by taking an interest?

X

XXXREAPERXXX

Is there any rules which relate to giving rep, say if you really respect a fellow member , because of his positive outlook on projectego.net and he is really helpfull can you give him rep not just because he found some info

Respect you guys:D

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

XXXREAPERXXX;165294 said:
Is there any rules which relate to giving rep, say if you really respect a fellow member , because of his positive outlook on projectego.net and he is really helpfull can you give him rep not just because he found some info

Respect you guys:D

You can give rep for any reason that you want to.

D

DuckY

Coolio. And hey reaper, your little gremlin that has the picket sign can't tell my host. im undetectable on linux
(not really)