• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Blizzard!

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score
Blizzard!

So, who else is in the vicinity of the Chesapeake Bay? And by "vicinity" I mean, several hundred miles. Because, personally, I think Chesapeake Region would sound a lot better than "Mid-Atlantic."

Holy ****-- I've seen more snow in the last day than I have in the last three years combined. This is freaking awesome.

Might be more awesome if it weren't for the fact that said blizzard started the day after I finished my last exam, but what the hell. I'm off anyway, so I might as well get a huge snowfall to go with it.

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score
Re: Blizzard!

Aww man, we don't get any snow at all here in the SF Bay Area no matter what time of year it is. :(

Wonderfoole WINO

Schizoid Misanthopist
Reaction score

Makes me glad I'm in the second driest state, we get maybe 1-2 inches of snow at a time at best. I hate winter.

Sean

Fallen
Premium
Reaction score

Walker I'm right next to you bro! I'm in VA as well, got about 7 inches - 8 here ;)

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score

We got sleet once...

In Australia, you have to go to the snow. There's a mountain somewhere, I think, that does it.

Aions

Cant dance.
Reaction score

about 3 weeks ago i got 2 feet of snow where i live...
then it got to about -20C and the snow turned in to ice and was sharp as hell

Sean

Fallen
Premium
Reaction score

Turns out I got 10 inches or 12. :) It's so sweet here guys.

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

Sean;353033 said:
Walker I'm right next to you bro! I'm in VA as well, got about 7 inches - 8 here ;)

No idea what we got, but it was more than a foot. So damn awesome. We were out shopping last night (wait, no, Friday night) and the radio started going, "in Virginia the snow is already accumulating, and roads are becoming hazardous." It wasn't even snowing where we were yet, and it was already accumulating in northern VA?

Of course, I got a little bit less happy about it, since I went outside at something like eight, nine in the morning to start shoveling the driveway and only just finished. And we had three people working on it. Sure, we have a big driveway, but that was a BITCH.

Aions;353088 said:
about 3 weeks ago i got 2 feet of snow where i live...
then it got to about -20C and the snow turned in to ice and was sharp as hell

I'm sorry, is that REALLY -36 degrees fahrenheit you're talking about? That's ****ing FREEZING. Where are you?

EDIT3: Oh, Canada. A.B.-- is that Alberta? Thanks for confirming all our stereotypes, by the way. :D

EDIT:
Sean;353121 said:
Turns out I got 10 inches or 12. :) It's so sweet here guys.

Oh, hell yes. Apparently this is the eighth-biggest snowfall we've gotten-- ever.
EDIT2: Make that 7th-biggest, and biggest ever in December.

Sean

Fallen
Premium
Reaction score

I know dude.

What sucks is, it started the day school ended....

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

My mom and sister both have their first day off Christmas Eve (or maybe the day before, I don't know). They're hoping they'll get a couple days off, and get an extended Christmas break.

I don't get any time off for the weather, but hey, I don't go back until January 25th. Can't complain.

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score

Walker;353124 said:
My mom and sister both have their first day off Christmas Eve (or maybe the day before, I don't know). They're hoping they'll get a couple days off, and get an extended Christmas break.

I don't get any time off for the weather, but hey, I don't go back until January 25th. Can't complain.

No you damn well can't! Lucky git. :getlost:

LobotomizedLOVE

Pistol Fiend
Reaction score

I'm on Long Island in New York. We have 26 inches of snow here. FML. D,:

DSCN2983.jpg
That's my friend's car when it was all buried.

Skotekal

Sheeple President
Premium
Reaction score

^Calgary got a little more than that in the northeast, but that is pretty much what it looked like about 2 or so weeks ago. Pretty awesome.

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score

My snow storm is finally over and now we have insane fog Ive never seen it so thick.

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

Tsuyu;353125 said:
No you damn well can't! Lucky git. :getlost:

What, Swedish colleges don't get Christmas/winter breaks more than a month long? On the other hand, the only OTHER days I get off are two for Thanksgiving, one for Labor Day, and five for spring break. Oh, and from May until late August/early September for summer.

LobotomizedLOVE;353135 said:
I'm on Long Island in New York. We have 26 inches of snow here. FML. D,:

DSCN2983.jpg
That's my friend's car when it was all buried.

Yeah, that's a bit more than we got. And, although New Yorkers (and everyone else up there) always deny it when I say this, you get it more than we do. So, okay, you can complain.

Don't you feel so much better now that I've given you permission?

Aions

Cant dance.
Reaction score

Skotekal;353143 said:
^Calgary got a little more than that in the northeast, but that is pretty much what it looked like about 2 or so weeks ago. Pretty awesome.
live in calgary N.E

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Apparently most of the UK has had snow, however where i am we have had about 3 mins of some tiny flakes and thats it. My car was frozen solid this morning though and the roads were like glass with the amount of ice everywhere. Nice to see people looking forward to having time off at Christmas, i have about 2 days off. :lol:

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score

Damn northern hemisphere and their white Christmas's.

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

Arseface;353225 said:
Damn northern hemisphere and their white Christmas's.

Don't worry, Arseface, you guys get* white, uh... Labor Days? (Sorry, that's the only summer-ish holiday I could think of that we might share.) We never get that.

*Or would, in theory, if someone didn't already say Aussietralia never got snow period.

EDIT: And oh, yeah, Drakan, I know that feeling. Maryland is more likely to get ice than snow, because we're too warm most of the time. We get the icestorms like that really bad sometimes-- getting a bit of it now. The snow is melting, running onto the roads, and freezing just in time for the morning commute. So schools are closing and libraries are opening and closing early and such, even though the snow's been plowed off and they're dumping salt like there's no tomorrow.