• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Damn it EA!

M

Minorthreat

Re: Damn it EA!

What's the company do that's so terrible

Have you ever just known a company, whether it's games or movies or food or whatever that gave you a bad first impression. Then when you decide to give them a shot again later disappoint you again?

I never played the games you mentioned above. They might be good and I might enjoy them. For me it just started out on the wrong foot and kept going. I could be totally wrong about the company in whole. Maybe they do make something I would enjoy. I just have not had that experience.

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

Tsuyu;244389 said:
1. They put spyware/malware into their games, which installs itself onto your PC without you knowing.

2. They come up with totally stupid and ridiculous ways to battle piracy of their games. These do nothing but punish the paying customer, like putting a limit on the number of times you can reinstall a game.

EA is not the only company that does this. But either way, if those are your reason's that's fine with me. I was just asking. =]:thumbsup:

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score

part 2: Blizzard... Blizzard was a great company my fav, and they are still my second fav...
but they cut off support for their older games, and now they killed a few games, now they are making us buy each campaign of Starcraft2... thats my only beef with blizzard is they are greedy now... but they are great at everything else, I can see cutting support to older games, they are holding them back...

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

Minorthreat;244399 said:
Have you ever just known a company, whether it's games or movies or food or whatever that gave you a bad first impression. Then when you decide to give them a shot again later disappoint you again?

I never played the games you mentioned above. They might be good and I might enjoy them. For me it just started out on the wrong foot and kept going. I could be totally wrong about the company in whole. Maybe they do make something I would enjoy. I just have not had that experience.

I try not to hate or dislike anything unless given a good reason, and I like just about everything. There aren't a lot of video games or movies I hate either I like to be open minded ^_^. I also try not to blame companies or people as a whole. Like for example; Someone coming on this forum, doing something bad, the whole forum getting a bad rep, just because of that one person, that's not cool or fair. But I understand where your coming from. ^_^:cool:

M

Minorthreat

Good attitude to have and in general I would like to think I follow those tenets for the most part. I don't hate EA. Just have bad experiences everytime time I give it a chance. I will check out the games you suggested earlier since you make a convincing and well spoken argument.

We'll see though....:unsure:

Skotekal

Sheeple President
Premium
Reaction score

I take it that I am close minded then. :lol: If I think something sucks, I NEVER do something with it unless I'm pushed into it. :p But I have never really been satisfied with much to do with EA, other than The Sims. Or was that EA? I think it was.

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score

§ephiroxa§;244401 said:
EA is not the only company that does this. But either way, if those are your reason's that's fine with me. I was just asking. =]:thumbsup:

No, but they are the ones who use it the most. Especially this secuROM and limit to installations crap. I've honestly not heard about any game outside of EA that uses it, and it's on almost every single EA game.

I'm just gonna pirate all my future EA games. I'm not a pirate usually, I pay for all my games, but when the free alternative is of much better quality than the one you pay for...

What's funny is that most pirates consider the 'anti-piracy' measures a joke, and pirate the heck out of EA games just to prove a point. And it's a joke - all the pirated copies are cleansed of this crap, it's not hard to remove and doesn't 'fight' anything.

Tsk tsk tsk.

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score

JohnDoe;244530 said:
Spore. In maybe a month's time, a clean Spore was distributed to half a million people.

On the day of the release, Spore was the most pirated game on a famous Swedish torrent site. Out of spite, a protest if you will, to these ridiculous things put in there by EA.

Skotekal

Sheeple President
Premium
Reaction score

Well, it was a slightly (using that word lightly) overrated game. So people wanted it, and someone had to supply it. And that was fat nerds.

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score

control the media: control the mind... thats what EA tried to do with secuROM... and it failed. the sompany is nothing without the consumer...

Skotekal

Sheeple President
Premium
Reaction score

The sompany... :p Typos can be so awesome at times.

And anyway, it seems all in all that everyone hates EA. But it is hard to find a game without an "EA" logo on it.

Skotekal

Sheeple President
Premium
Reaction score

Pot, most likely. Or some crack.

:lol:

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score

both o.0

Skotekal

Sheeple President
Premium
Reaction score

Those comics were damn funny too. Do you like Spore?! Yes!

Orpheus Lupus

The Pretty-Okay Doctor
Reaction score

I admittedly still play Spore on occasion. Like Fable 2, I'm not sure what people expected out of it...I agree they were overhyped, but I didn't fall too far into the hype myself and enjoyed them anyway.

Anyway, it still seems like no matter what anyone does the situation gets worse: SecuROM gets "tougher", more people pirate. EA thinks to themselves: We must make SecuROM tougher, that will stop the pirating. Even more people pirate. And it just continues like this, because EA can't figure out that people are pirating because of SecuROM. I really don't want to see EA go down the tubes like this, because the collatoral damage would destroy a lot of games and studios I love. In fact, it arguably already has destroyed several.

I really can't stand this stupid "war".

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score

Alpha Centauri was probably the best Strategy game ever... I have to dig it out again and go kill some mind-worms...

Tyloric

Illogical Process of Elimination
Reaction score

EA is a company.
Companies are in place to make money.
EA is not evil, it is a company.

Hate it if you will, they don't care. They're making money.

H

HeroZ

I liked CAC: tiberian sun. I used to play that on skirmish for hours on my windows 95er.

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score

CAC? what is CAC? is that like C&C?