• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Do you... ever talk to yourself?

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score
I'm with Steve, totally... okay, not really.

I talk to myself, but usually my conversations are about what a jerk/idiot/****head I am; or alternatively they go "I... am talking to myself. That can't be healthy you crazy SOB, stop it."

And generally the ones about how crazy I am are in a public place. YAY!

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score
I bet you he doesn't even know we're all here, and he's just talking to himself RIGHT NOW

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score
Actually, it's my theory that everyone here is a figment of my imagination.

Or possibly Steve's imagination.

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
The only time it might be considered a little weird is if you stop as though listening to a response and then continue talking with only your half of the conversation.

Although in my case, I just vocalise both sides.

Pills, anyone?

Gikoku

driftin' along.
Town Guard
Reaction score
It's useful if my mind is a mess and I need to organize everything.
"Okay, so if I take 2 hours with this one, 3 hours with this one, I'll still have 2 hours of sleep before exams tomorrow. Perfect."
Followed by "Yeah, that's a great idea man!" is usually how it goes for me. Definitely helps with assessing many problems I have by allowing me to rationalize things better.

But I do have to wonder how many of you ever had imaginary friends when you were kids? I ask, because when I was a kid I had one of my own which is what basically led to the habit of me talking to myself, wondering if perhaps that really goes hand in hand with this sort of thing.

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
But I do have to wonder how many of you ever had imaginary friends when you were kids? I ask, because when I was a kid I had one of my own which is what basically led to the habit of me talking to myself, wondering if perhaps that really goes hand in hand with this sort of thing.

I don't think I ever had one, or I can't remember. I was a pretty social child, so I guess I was never in need of one. I had my brother who I was pretty close to as a kid too. Playing army games and whatnot. He wasn't one for tea parties, sadly.

Gikoku

driftin' along.
Town Guard
Reaction score
I don't think I ever had one, or I can't remember. I was a pretty social child, so I guess I was never in need of one. I had my brother who I was pretty close to as a kid too. Playing army games and whatnot. He wasn't one for tea parties, sadly.

Hmm, well that kinda bugs me a little (not the tea parties), but the fact I was a child of 4 yet still had one. My siblings weren't the most interesting people in the world, but I did do things with them a great deal. I don't know, maybe my imagination was too active and none of them understood me that well.

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Hmm, well that kinda bugs me a little (not the tea parties), but the fact I was a child of 4 yet still had one. My siblings weren't the most interesting people in the world, but I did do things with them a great deal. I don't know, maybe my imagination was too active and none of them understood me that well.

Your imaginary friend probably just filled the void. Gave you that social interaction you were lacking elsewhere. Entertainment, most likely.

TRA Rotid

Päris geenius
Reaction score

Nah, I just had a talk with my sister about this (and she's a kindergarten teacher). Having imaginary friends is perfectly normal. Kids usually do this to analyze themselves as it is easier to see flaws in "others" than it is in yourself. As far as I know, it doesn't have as much to do with being social/having friends, as simply a way for a child to understand the world around him/her.

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score
That you guys know of. :shifty:

The Annoying Hoverer

I'm the slightly stupid one!!!
Premium
Reaction score
I used to have an imaginary friend , but he was so annoying (Just like me) and nosey.Me and my friend both know had him as are imaginary friend he was called MR Nobody lol!!!:lol:

Azer249

Reaction score
Well, i talk in my sleep if that counts. Apparently i always have conversations with myself or swear in my sleep. So. Yeah.

Other than that i only really talk to myself when gaming, for instance when i play Counter Strike i give myself mini prep talks to motivate myself. Not intentionally. But i do. Shame it dosen't work and i still suck.

Daniel Ray

The Wizard From The East
Reaction score
I'm alone most of the time, so I'm pretty used to talking to myself. I explain my ideas to myself, commentate in games to myself and read to myself sometimes. Its a normal thing to me, though it still freaks people out.

#foreveralone

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score
I talk to myself AND inanimate objects ALL the time. I'm quite fond of telling the toaster oven at work to shut up and stop beeping.

My Manager also talks to herself all the time.