• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Do you... ever talk to yourself?

Gikoku

driftin' along.
Town Guard
Reaction score
I'm serious. I found I've done this often in my life when I think I'm alone. From ranting at inanimate objects for not working, game commentary, speaking my thoughts out aloud, and in some cases full on conversations... I'm serious. I used to think it was just only me and that I would eventually require some serious psychological help, but then I walked in on my mother a few times when I was younger and caught her doing the same damn thing! Naturally she pretended she was doing something else.. but it made me question just how common something like this is, like one of the most normal things in the world that nobody ever wants to admit to.

So I have to ask, do any of you folks do stuff like this? Or am I really just a complete nutburger...

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Well, I'm crazier than a raccoon on bath salts, so of course I do.

I think it's perfectly normal.

I'd be more worried about the voices in your head telling you to burn stuff.

TRA Rotid

Päris geenius
Reaction score
always

I couldn't imagine not doing it.

Reaction score
I talk out loud constantly often because I have simulation arguments/disscussions between someone I know IRL and they get so intense I end up muttering to myself, I then get a massive headache then have to rest. I comment on movies/games some times as if a friend was sat next to me, I spend a lot of time alone though so it may be a compensation thing.

So yeah I guess I talk to myself.

ScareCrowReturn

The Token Schizo
Premium
Reaction score
I talk to two different people in my head, one of them is called Paul and the other Frank. Every decision I make, I have a three way conversation, generally in my head, but sometimes out loud.

I use to worry about myself, but Paul and Frank said it was normal, so I dont really care.

My Mum talks out loud to herself ALOT.

Tyloric

Illogical Process of Elimination
Reaction score
To be perfectly honest, when I'm alone in a room I vocalize every thought I have. I'm not even kidding. I always have and probably always will.

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score
Never, but all the time. ooh mysterious.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I work alone most the time at work and its the only time I can have any form of intelligent conversation.

Hermit

Boy next door
Reaction score
I do it because I just can't find anyone else as interesting to talk with
I surprise myself with the things I say all the time

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score
To be perfectly honest, when I'm alone in a room I vocalize every thought I have. I'm not even kidding. I always have and probably always will.

It never ceases to amaze me how we're sorta similar. I do exactly the same; I don't speak with myself but I say things out loud when alone.

HobbeBrain

It's getting better, man!
Reaction score
No, not really.

And as DI is one of the weirder members of our little community, I think we know now whether it's normal or not...

Seriously though, I do it sometimes, usually simulating an argument or conversation with someone, either that I plan to have, or how I could have made something go better if I'd done it differently.

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score
I'm serious. I found I've done this often in my life when I think I'm alone. From wanking at inanimate objects for not working, game commentary, speaking my fantasies out aloud, and in some cases full on orgasms... I'm serious. I used to think it was just only me and that I would eventually require some serious psychological help, but then I walked in on my mother a few times when I was younger and caught her doing the same damn thing! Naturally she pretended she was doing something else.. but it made me question just how common something like this is, like one of the most normal things in the world that nobody ever wants to admit to.

So I have to ask, do any of you folks do stuff like this? Or am I really just a complete nutburger...

YOU ONLY HAVE TO CHANGE A FEW WORDS

Aions

Cant dance.
Reaction score
All the time.
I get caught too a lot, dont even care at this point.
Family is use to it
co-workers getting use to it
best friend dose it too

Oh my GOD this thread works so much better if it's about masturbation.
brilliant

Gikoku

driftin' along.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Wow, very pleasantly surprised by all of your responses, truly, now I don't have to feel so terribly weird about this anymore!

TRA Rotid

Päris geenius
Reaction score
It's useful if my mind is a mess and I need to organize everything.
"Okay, so if I take 2 hours with this one, 3 hours with this one, I'll still have 2 hours of sleep before exams tomorrow. Perfect."