• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Dying 7 year-old girl taunted by neighbours to the max

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score
She was terribly disrespectful and is messed in the head, but is that really a reason to have her killed?
i'm with gikoku here. no matter how bad the crime, the death penalty isn't the answer. if it's so bad that you'd call out death, making them serve in prison for life is a much worse punishment. death is an easy way out when it gets to that extreme - which this case hasn't. the death penalty, by definition, reduces the justice system to the very beginning and most primitive sense: eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth. makes no sense, as "eye for an eye" was supposed to have been replaced with a more comprehensive and universally fair punishment, yet somehow it still survives in the death penalty. boggles my mind to no end.

yeah, the couple (mostly the wife) are terrible human beings who don't deserve an iota of respect as they don't give any... but there isn't really much you can punish there. sure, go ahead and call karma, but only if you believe in it. just group them with the stuff that people from the rest of the world will use to form a negative opinion on us, or pull up in a debate.

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score
I didn't see any "death penalties" Floating around, but if I heard that the woman got hit by a truck, caught in gunfire, house burned down or any number of natural things that could happen to a person, any number of accidents that resulted in her death, no I wouldn't care.

My mom died when I was 13, and if I saw anyone post anything like that on facebook about her..I don't know how I'd feel. I'd cry all the time, and just feel so..insulted. I remember once, some girl teased me saying "You smell like onions, I bet that's all your mom thought about when she was dying, how you smell like ****." or something to that effect. Things like that rip DEEP holes in your soul. And this woman..is the most disgusting thing I've seen in a while.."Halloween Decorations" yeah..so? Don't drive them by someones house and rev the engine specifically to bother you neighbors.

All I know is that if Kira was a real person. He'd take his death note and DEFINITELY include her name in the ones that need to die.

If anyone can give me one good thing she's done, give me the reasoning behind why she needs to exist....Nobody needs that woman around...NOBODY..

White_Howler

Werewolf Sage
Reaction score
Cheeze, sadly I have to disagree. These sort of people NEED to be removed, maybe not killed, but removed definitely. It's people like this who are bringing the rest of us down. If ****ty people like this didn't exist maybe we could live a fairly happy and peaceful existance. If that woman had any authority or power, what do you think she'd do with such power? She'd abuse it, ridicule people, and perhaps go even farther with it. Corrupt cops are along the same lines, they abuse their power. Not saying this bitch has any, but she needs to be removed from society. Let's make an island and put all these sort of people on this island. Then blow it up. Are you really gonna miss all the douche bags of the world? Is ANYONE going to miss these sorts of people? Maybe others like them, but they'll be removed as well.

And on what Sephi said, if I was Kira I'd execute her immediately after viewing this video. I'd execute a LOT of people. Personally I think Kira had the right idea, killing off individuals such as these. They have no right to live as human beings and you can disagree with that if you want. I must continue further to point out what she said about her mother. Put yourself in that little girl's shoes Cheeze (or anyone for that matter) and tell me you'd not wish death upon that woman.

HobbeBrain

It's getting better, man!
Reaction score
That is literally the most ****ed up thing I have ever witnessed. I really want to punch that bitch in the face right now. "It's just a Haloween Decoration!"... and those images on Facebook aren't linked to that in any way? Fter you revved it outside (by a total coinsidence) the very neighbour you were harrassing? ****ing stupid ****.

I do not pardon my bad language.

Arld

WTB Deus Ex 3
Reaction score
Well, it seems her husband apologized afterwards (see video on linked page):

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/dpp/news/local/apology-for-taunting-dying-little-girl

And also, it seems they have raised $8,000 for her.

Scott Petkov says he's sorry. "We apologize for our actions and stupidity. It was an ignorant thing that we did and it was basically in retaliation about things that were said about my house and my wife."
Scott's wife Jennifer doctored-up and posted photos of Laura Edward, who died from Huntington's Disease , showing her wrapped in the arms of the grim reaper. She also posted a photo of Laura's 7-year-old daughter, Kathleen Edward, who is now dying from Huntington's Disease , her face becoming the center of a skull and crossbones.
Huntington's Disease is a degenerative brain disease. LEARN MORE.
All this because of a neighborhood dispute? Why? Ron Savage asked Jennifer that question. She says "for personal satisfaction... because it burns Rebecca Rose's ass raw."
Rebecca Rose is the mother of Laura and grandmother of Kathleen. She and the Petkov's have been in a fued for at least a couple of years. How it started depends on who you ask. It escalated into frequent calls to police and personal protection orders against the Petkovs.
Besides posting disturbing photos on Facebook, the Petkov's painted their truck with tombstones and placed a coffin in the back of the truck. The truck was parked in front of the Rose family home. The Petkov's claim the truck is a decoration for Halloween.
Even so, Scott dismantled the coffin and has moved truck up his driveway, out of public view. He says he plans to paint the truck and make things right for Kathleen's sake. She is after all, still alive.
Hopefully this neighborhood can find peace during Kathleen's remaining days.
There's a rally for Kathleen Edward on Saturday, Oct. 23 from 3 p.m. - 8:30 p.m. at Haas Park in Trenton.

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score
Cheeze, sadly I have to disagree. These sort of people NEED to be removed, maybe not killed, but removed definitely. It's people like this who are bringing the rest of us down. If ****ty people like this didn't exist maybe we could live a fairly happy and peaceful existance.
well, at least we agree that the death penalty isn't warranted here. yeah, i wanna take a fat steaming dump in the front seat of their truck. yeah, i wanna graffiti the **** out of that house she lives it. yeah, i wanna inject her with the HIV virus and make a facebook group advertising her new STD. would i do any of these things if i were in a position to do so? absolutely not. right now the 10% of our country that has a triple digit IQ is already despising her. she's got millions of people ready to form an angry mob if she ever came into power. howler, we do live in a country of stupid and ignorant people. but the thing to remember is, if you give something wrong as clear an example as that, it's one of the only times EVER that people in our retard pit of a country will unite in a cause.

If that woman had any authority or power, what do you think she'd do with such power? She'd abuse it, ridicule people, and perhaps go even farther with it. Corrupt cops are along the same lines, they abuse their power. Not saying this bitch has any, but she needs to be removed from society. Let's make an island and put all these sort of people on this island. Then blow it up. Are you really gonna miss all the douche bags of the world? Is ANYONE going to miss these sorts of people? Maybe others like them, but they'll be removed as well.
yeah, but every country has that. people who like being in control. the sadistic types who couldn't get into college so they signed up for a donut diet with a night stick and handgun included. it's a scary thought, for sure. the world would probably be a better place without them, but can we really blame them for turning out that way? in some cases, there's no justification, but not all.

And on what Sephi said, if I was Kira I'd execute her immediately after viewing this video. I'd execute a LOT of people. Personally I think Kira had the right idea, killing off individuals such as these. They have no right to live as human beings and you can disagree with that if you want. I must continue further to point out what she said about her mother.
that makes you no better than hitler. you can't just off people because you don't like them, it's a dangerous thought process that i'd avoid at all costs. i admire the concept, and i love death note, but in practice you are essentially creating a glorified nazi regime. sure, you may not target people based on race, but targeting them for who they are could be just as bad, if not worse.

Put yourself in that little girl's shoes Cheeze (or anyone for that matter) and tell me you'd not wish death upon that woman.
i would not wish death upon her. i would dedicate the rest of my short time on planet earth ****ing her **** up as much as i possibly could. i'd vandalize, harass, and rob. then i'd leave behind footage of all the **** she did when i was dying and mail it to her every family member and friend.
but that's me now saying all this. i think when you're dying and you come to accept that, you get a sort of saintliness over what's happening in the world. focus shifts from petty squabble, and you see more value in enjoying your final days than spending them unhappy. so in reality, if i wasn't me as i am now, and i was really dying, i would just shut her out and die peacefully.
i think she's doing more harm to the girls family than her, to be honest.

White_Howler

Werewolf Sage
Reaction score
well, at least we agree that the death penalty isn't warranted here. yeah, i wanna take a fat steaming dump in the front seat of their truck. yeah, i wanna graffiti the **** out of that house she lives it. yeah, i wanna inject her with the HIV virus and make a facebook group advertising her new STD. would i do any of these things if i were in a position to do so? absolutely not. right now the 10% of our country that has a triple digit IQ is already despising her. she's got millions of people ready to form an angry mob if she ever came into power. howler, we do live in a country of stupid and ignorant people. but the thing to remember is, if you give something wrong as clear an example as that, it's one of the only times EVER that people in our retard pit of a country will unite in a cause.

No I personally would not kill this woman as she's not worth any amount of effort for anything. Not even for me to hate, hating her is her winning I've come to realize and nothing any of us here do about it is gonna change her. But am I still disgusted by her actions, yes.... because quite frankly her personality makes me wanna puke.

It's ironic that your last statement here is completely true. Sad to see a country can only unite when everyone hates something.

yeah, but every country has that. people who like being in control. the sadistic types who couldn't get into college so they signed up for a donut diet with a night stick and handgun included. it's a scary thought, for sure. the world would probably be a better place without them, but can we really blame them for turning out that way? in some cases, there's no justification, but not all.

Sometimes there is no justification and what I really think is going on is older generations bearing children and raising them in ignorance. If the child doesn't ever learn better then they will remain in ignorance. This is the reason we have rascism and sexism still. I've noticed a LOT of the older generations stuck in whatever values they may hold, and it's mostly these people that reject equality in whatever way. So a father who was raised by his pregudice dad that being gay was wrong, is going to teach his son the same exact belief. The sick part is, this kind of stuff happens, and until the cycle gets broken somewhere it'll continue. But this is also why you see a lot of people in the younger generations beginning to become more and more blind to skin color, gender, sexual orientation, and other stuff. While there is still such closed-minded ignorance today, it's begun to decrease more and more and that gives me hope.

that makes you no better than hitler. you can't just off people because you don't like them, it's a dangerous thought process that i'd avoid at all costs. i admire the concept, and i love death note, but in practice you are essentially creating a glorified nazi regime. sure, you may not target people based on race, but targeting them for who they are could be just as bad, if not worse.

You're correct, sometimes I wish I had a Death Note cuz I would probably become the same god-complex kind of thing. Fortunately I remain sane as I have no such cool powers. In any case, you're right and I admit that sometimes I wish I did have such powers, but it's fantasy and not only that but I know myself to be above such base actions. I want to see humanity unified but it's a difficult prospect when you consider my statement regarding your last section.

I want to say also I do not approve of Hitler, or any other such fascism. I enjoy the idea of many different kinds of people being able to socialize as if they were all the same.

i would not wish death upon her. i would dedicate the rest of my short time on planet earth ****ing her **** up as much as i possibly could. i'd vandalize, harass, and rob. then i'd leave behind footage of all the **** she did when i was dying and mail it to her every family member and friend.
but that's me now saying all this. i think when you're dying and you come to accept that, you get a sort of saintliness over what's happening in the world. focus shifts from petty squabble, and you see more value in enjoying your final days than spending them unhappy. so in reality, if i wasn't me as i am now, and i was really dying, i would just shut her out and die peacefully.
i think she's doing more harm to the girls family than her, to be honest.

Ah, but you would harass her in turn, though I'm sure many of us would given the opportunity. As I've said my piece about this already, twice, I'll conclude with saying you're probably right about the near-death saintliness. Kind of like it becomes much more what the big picture is rather than the tiny stuff in direct focus.

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
Put yourself in that little girl's shoes and tell me you'd not wish death upon that woman.

To be honest, the little girl probably lacks the knowledge of what death is.

And to be honest: I am a very morbid person, this was shaped by many traumatic (to me) experiences and pure rebellion to rules. But a death penalty is an escape, an adventure, not a punishment. A true punishment would be to be locked away for a long time, allowing them to sizzle amongst their neighbors in agony, or any amount of punishment.

@Gakoyu, it is good to hear they are raising money.

White_Howler

Werewolf Sage
Reaction score
To be honest, the little girl probably lacks the knowledge of what death is.

And to be honest: I am a very morbid person, this was shaped by many traumatic (to me) experiences and pure rebellion to rules. But a death penalty is an escape, an adventure, not a punishment. A true punishment would be to be locked away for a long time, allowing them to sizzle amongst their neighbors in agony, or any amount of punishment.

@Gakoyu, it is good to hear they are raising money.

Rebellion is great in it's purest form. But rebelling has nothing to do with targeting someone who cannot defend themselves. Rebelling requires for there to be some sort of opposition to overcome, for whatever reason. This is more like creating opposition to justify their rebellion.

Noctus

Metal Connoisseur
Reaction score
No, bitch needs to die. After hearing that she has no sympathy, empathy, remorse, etc., and that she did this for personal satisfaction, I can only conclude that she is some kind of psychopath/sociopath. These people need to be removed from our world.
>implying you're able to make that judgment
>implying you know for sure that she has no sympathy etc.
>implying that making a few pictures is a penalty worthy of death
>implying you have the professional authority to label someone as a true psychopath/sociopath

Jesus christ people, it's a few pictures. Sure, they're in really bad taste, but honestly? That's worthy of a death sentence in the law of Necromancer11?
I call:

FAKE AND GAY!

Shush, back to your stupid viral videos. RWJ tool.

Sean

Fallen
Premium
Reaction score
Cut em up.

Skewer her alive!

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
Cut em up.

Skewer her alive!

As sexy as that sounds, once again: A death penalty for such a thing is undemocratic, illogical, impractical, immoral and otherwise unjust.

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score
>implying you have the professional authority to label someone as a true psychopath/sociopath

Jesus christ people, it's a few pictures. Sure, they're in really bad taste, but honestly? That's worthy of a death sentence in the law of Necromancer11?

Try reading my second post.

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score
I did, my points still stand.

Now try replying to my points constructively.

I will, partially using quotes from my second post.

It's just an opinion based on the information provided. I don't claim to know everything about this situation and these people. If that's how you perceived what I said, then I didn't intend for that to be implied.

Obviously we can't know for sure if she's feeling these emotions or not unless we're inside of her head, but from the information provided, there is only evidence that she doesn't feel these things. There is none indicating that she does. If you want to call it irrational to assume that she doesn't feel these emotions based on that, then fine. Knock yourself out.

Her actions alone do not call for her removal.

If she is some kind of psychopath/sociopath

IF, indicating that she might be, but she might not be, and indicating that I am not sure one way or the other. I never implied that I had any kind of professional authority. I just know that a lack of the aforementioned emotions is partially what defines a psychopath or sociopath, so it was just what I could conclude from the information provided. Obviously, none of us can know for sure whether she is or isn't because we are unaware of the totality of the circumstances.

To reiterate, I don't pretend to be an expert on this subject. These are my opinions, which were formulated by the content of the video.

Noctus

Metal Connoisseur
Reaction score
I still don't understand how any of that can formulate into an opinion that death is the best option, but whatever, I won't argue life or death oh her behalf.

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score
I find it hilarious that people are actually arguing for and against killing a woman none of us have ever met.

Izzy Stizzlebonk

ฉันรักคุกกี้.
Reaction score
Cute kid. I know if it was me, I wouldn't do such a thing. Even if I was really ****ed off, or someone offered me a lifetime of wealth. That's hella messed up.

Can't do it. Just can't.

Arld

WTB Deus Ex 3
Reaction score
I find it hilarious that people are actually arguing for and against killing a woman none of us have ever met.
We've not met her, but we can judge her from first-point-of-view. But you've got a fair point there.

Also, not only did her husband apologize not too long ago, but Jennifer Petkov did the same as well, recently.

Jennifer Petkov told FOX 2 Friday night that she never really meant any ill wishes towards Kathleen Edward or her family.
Scott and Jennifer Petkov even went so far as to display a lighted candle on their porch at the same time dozens of strangers were gathering across the street in front of Kathleen's home.
"If I had to do it all over again, I wouldn't do it," Jennifer Petkov told Ronnie Dahl. "And to that little girl, I apologize if you've been hurt. There's not much more I can say. And hopefully we can live our lives peacefully from now on."

Scott Petkov also said he was sorry earlier Friday. "We apologize for our actions and stupidity. It was an ignorant thing that we did and it was basically in retaliation about things that were said about my house and my wife."
Scott's wife Jennifer doctored-up and posted photos of Laura Edward, who died from Huntington's Disease , showing her wrapped in the arms of the grim reaper. She also posted a photo of Laura's 7-year-old daughter, Kathleen Edward, who is now dying from Huntington's Disease , her face becoming the center of a skull and crossbones.