• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Fable III improvements

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evan

Maestro
Reaction score
Re: Fable III improvements

Dualist;384647 said:
LOL. Yes. He said that's how the typical RPG plays out. Did he ever say: "Our game is going to be never-ending"? Nope. He just wants it to play out differently then a typical RPG. So that even after you defeat the first bad guy, there is still a sense of power, and the story is not yet done. If the game went into some kind of aimless king mode after overthrowing Logan, and there was no goal, no villian to defeat, then it would be just like playing Fable 2 after the credits.

And no, I don't think after you defeat Logan the credits will roll, I think there will be a second story arc. Another major villian to counter. Otherwise, as I said before it would be pointless. Like playing Fable 2 after the credits. Sure there are a couple quests and achievements but there's no huge goal you're working towards. And eventually that will get to be a bore.

And also Evan, I have no idea where you got the "feeling of victory" thing. I said multiple times that PM would want you to feel powerful, not infinitely victorious. And what did PM say?
"How could we change it to make you, the player, feel powerful". Lol.

I said at first that there won't really be an ending considering the second part is ruling the kingdom, and you're never not ruling a kingdom by the second part.

Victory and power are pretty much the same concept... you feel powerful when victorious, you feel victorious when powerful. I guess since you can't understand that I'll put it in your terms: Credit rolls will diminish your feeling of power after you've defeated your enemy.

Skorm's Boss;384630 said:
kids pack it in, or I'll send you to your rooms!

I think what PM was saying (and Evan lotsofnumbers) is that you play a game for 20+ hours working towards a goal (becoming king/saving the world/getting the girl etc, etc) the game then ends. Bang! that's it, you won, now bugger off! With fable III it's a different situation, it's Bang! you won, now what you gonna do?

Thank you.

And just to clear things up I wasn't arguing, I was discussing (not sure about Dualist), so no need to pack anything in.

Dualist

Reaction score

Victory and power are two very different things. You ca have both without the other.

And the point was never to make a game that never has a point of closing. Every game has to have some kind of closure. Where you know that you have rid the world of the major evil. I doubt that after you kill Logan it's just going to be rainbows and butterflies. They're obviously going to have some kind of second problem arise when you become king (already confirmed to be the Aurora issue) and once that is figured out, the credits will roll.

Credits rolling won't diminish your feeling of power, lol. If anything, after the credits roll you'll have control of two continents instead of one. And you will still be just as Kingly and powerful, if not slightly more. As for victory... Idk. Maybe PM is making some future game that focuses on just randomly winning battles. That would be a lot of victory. POssibly you got it confused with Fable 3, a game based upon power.

Evan

Maestro
Reaction score

1st Part: Gain followers, Defeat Tyrant

2nd Part: Rule the Kingdom.

The second part of the storyline is ruling, so by definition, the 2nd part of the game will never really end because you'll rule forever. I was saying that there maybe not be credits involuntarily.

mjmarin12

Tex-Mex Gamer
Premium
Reaction score

Evan52395;384746 said:
1st Part: Gain followers, Defeat Tyrant

2nd Part: Rule the Kingdom.

The second part of the storyline is ruling, so by definition, the 2nd part of the game will never really end because you'll rule forever. I was saying that there maybe not be credits involuntarily.

The 3rd part is exploring Aurora ;)

Evan

Maestro
Reaction score

mjmarin12;384751 said:
The 3rd part is exploring Aurora ;)

lol if you want to get technical. Whatever I'm done with this.

What could I say that could start another discussion?...hmmm... okay, I want some more unique house, or better yet all houses are unique for god sakes. What kind of houses would you want? describe them.

I'd want a house in a very peaceful town, but I'd want more of a mansion. I loved reavers mansion in F2.

Dualist

Reaction score

Exactly, it will NEVER really end, so showing the credits won't interfere with the experience. You'll still have much to do as King.

I'm done talking about this. Because frankly, the whole thing is retarded. Victorious or powerful, I think we can both agree that Fable 3 has a 100% chance of kicking ass.

Evan

Maestro
Reaction score

Dualist;384765 said:
I'm done talking about this. Because frankly, the whole thing is retarded. Victorious or powerful, I think we can both agree that Fable 3 has a 100% chance of kicking ass.

Precisely ;)

I hope they make an LE, that's be sweet. That's what's holding me back from pre-order right now. I want a confirmed Fable 3 LE so I can go and, well, pre-order that :D

iPrefer Indica

Bowerstoner
Reaction score

I think a bank to make loans would be nice.

SORAYISS

Reaction score

Evan52395;384787 said:
Precisely ;)

I hope they make an LE, that's be sweet. That's what's holding me back from pre-order right now. I want a confirmed Fable 3 LE so I can go and, well, pre-order that :D

whats AN LE?

mjmarin12

Tex-Mex Gamer
Premium
Reaction score

Evan52395;384787 said:
Precisely ;)

Lol same here

mjmarin12

Tex-Mex Gamer
Premium
Reaction score

iPrefer Indica;385031 said:
I think a bank to make loans would be nice.

I think you are going to have a room where you keep all your gold and treasures

Evan

Maestro
Reaction score

I want to design my own crown.

And i want the ability to wait for a certain amount of time like in Oblivion instead of having to calculate the hours it would take me to go to Oakfeild from Bowerstone to the Temple to try to be there for 12:00-1:00am.

mjmarin12

Tex-Mex Gamer
Premium
Reaction score

Evan52395;386441 said:
I want to design my own crown.

And i want the ability to wait for a certain amount of time like in Oblivion instead of having to calculate the hours it would take me to go to Oakfeild from Bowerstone to the Temple to try to be there for 12:00-1:00am.

I bet they will add:

If you are evil your crown will be black with red jewels and if your good it will be gold with blue jewels

I would love to design my own crown. From the shape to the spikes

SORAYISS

Reaction score

i would make mine a bit thinner fully black with blue jewels and white tribal design around it

Evan

Maestro
Reaction score

Sounds cool. But I wouldn't put blue jewels on the balck crown.

mjmarin12

Tex-Mex Gamer
Premium
Reaction score

I would put gold or white

Status
Not open for further replies.