• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Games you COULD be looking forward too?

Gikoku

driftin' along.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Aside from seeing another Parasite Eve game, the other game I'd love to see earn a sequel or at least an XBLA release is Wild 9. It was made by the same creators of Earthworm Jim. I don't know if anyone else remembers or even knows of this game, but it was so much fun back in the '90s.

Gikoku

driftin' along.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Aside from another Parasite Eve, the other game I've been hoping gets a sequel or at least an XBLA release is Wild 9. It was made by the same creators that made Earthworm Jim. I don't know if anybody remembers or even knows of this game, but it was so much fun back in the '90s.

White_Howler

Werewolf Sage
Reaction score
Aside from seeing another Parasite Eve game, the other game I'd love to see earn a sequel or at least an XBLA release is Wild 9. It was made by the same creators of Earthworm Jim. I don't know if anyone else remembers or even knows of this game, but it was so much fun back in the '90s.

I remember Wild 9. Never got to play it very much which is regrettable, but I tried the demo and it was a lot of fun. IIRC you used an electrical weapon of some sort that you could move and throw enemies or something.

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score
A new Phantasy Star Online game.

I wasted a lot of my childhood on the Dreamcast game.

And no, Phantasy Star Universe sucked major balls and lacked all of the charm of the original so it doesn't count.

White_Howler

Werewolf Sage
Reaction score
A new Phantasy Star Online game.

I wasted a lot of my childhood on the Dreamcast game.

And no, Phantasy Star Universe sucked major balls and lacked all of the charm of the original so it doesn't count.

Universe was awful, so terrible. I really like the fact that melee characters have nifty attacks now and that rangers can have elemental attacks... but they really screwed forces over (my favorite class btw). Having to have your techs equipped on a weapon? WTF? So that when you switch you suffer from the weapon spawn animation lag, and to top it off if you don't use a rod you're gimping yourself by not being able to use 4 techs on 1 weapon. Add to that they're only really strong if all the techs are of the same element.

Made me super upset. But I digress, a really good Phantasy Star online game is very much so needed. To give you hope Tsuyu I have this!

http://www.pso-world.com/news/new-topics/pso2

Sofar it looks good, taking a slightly different direction in making it more action oriented than rpg (still looks like the same game, just faster paced). Only going to be for PC though and we can only hope US reception is enough (Japan'll love it to be sure) for the servers to STAY up an running.

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score
I'm not holding my breath.

Is it confirmed to getting a EU/US release, or is it like with Monster Hunter (mostly) it is only for Japan?

White_Howler

Werewolf Sage
Reaction score
I'm not holding my breath.

Is it confirmed to getting a EU/US release, or is it like with Monster Hunter (mostly) it is only for Japan?

I won't get my hopes up either, but I know US is confirmed, but EU I don't know yet. The problem really is server lifespan. It'll be huge and popular at first, then, like all PSO's, the server activity will die down and they'll eventually shut everything down. Granted I KNOW PSO Ep:1&2 is still going, or perhaps it was just a private server I'm thinking of... either way it's server lifespan that's the real issue with that.

Aions

Cant dance.
Reaction score
You know what i wanna play? call me crazy but... Guitar Hero 7
Ive always liked the games and i have 2-6 (5 and 6 i got at a pawn shop for like 5$ each) and the one for the DS. My GH6 save file is like 5GB big cus of all the songs i downloaded. I like thier art style beter then Rockbands.
Along with my Halo 3 and Donkey kong pajama pants i have Guitar hero ones too

IMesh

99% Toxin Free!
Reaction score
Recently I've wanted a new Splinter Cell game, really enjoyed that series as it was original and entertaining. Double Agent kind of let that down but Conviction made up for that.

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score
You know what i wanna play? call me crazy but... Guitar Hero 7
Ive always liked the games and i have 2-6 (5 and 6 i got at a pawn shop for like 5$ each) and the one for the DS. My GH6 save file is like 5GB big cus of all the songs i downloaded. I like thier art style beter then Rockbands.
Along with my Halo 3 and Donkey kong pajama pants i have Guitar hero ones too

I've got an autographed copy of Guitar Hero: Metallica on my shelf. <3

TRA Rotid

Päris geenius
Reaction score
I want a sequel to Chrono Cross! Must... have...!

White_Howler

Werewolf Sage
Reaction score
I want a sequel to Chrono Cross! Must... have...!

Agred 1000 x. But it will likely never happen. Chrono Trigger was the setup, Radical Dreamers fleshed out large portions of the story and how everything worked. Then finally Chrono Cross wrapped everything up in a nice little bundle. Would be extremely curious to see how they continued the series.

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score
Would be extremely curious to see how they continued the series.
Could end up a disaster though, disappointing every single fan of the franchise.

White_Howler

Werewolf Sage
Reaction score
Could end up a disaster though, disappointing every single fan of the franchise.

True enough, which is also why I've said I think in an earlier post, not sure which one... that the gaming industry isn't quite ready for it yet. It will be nice to see but I give it another decade or two.

Edit: I think I said something along those lines, that it'd take a long time to achieve in another thread actually. Prolly wasn't in here.

TRA Rotid

Päris geenius
Reaction score
Well I'd be happy if they based a new story in the same world and not necessarily a direct sequel to the previous games.
In fact, I'd say limiting the wonderful universe they've created only to one series is a waste.

White_Howler

Werewolf Sage
Reaction score
Well I'd be happy if they based a new story in the same world and not necessarily a direct sequel to the previous games.
In fact, I'd say limiting the wonderful universe they've created only to one series is a waste.

I have to wholeheartedly agree. Like Mass Effect for example. It has such a wonderful and vibrant world but now that the trilogy is over that world is over and will begin to collect dust. Yet another intellectual property that will go to waste, rotting on a shelf instead of new content being created in that same world.

It's sad and depressing but THEY own the rights to it, it IS theirs. We can demand it, but only they can deliver unfortunately.

P.S.: I think I'm in a melancholy and slightly sadistic mood today.

TRA Rotid

Päris geenius
Reaction score
I have to wholeheartedly agree. Like Mass Effect for example. It has such a wonderful and vibrant world but now that the trilogy is over that world is over and will begin to collect dust. Yet another intellectual property that will go to waste, rotting on a shelf instead of new content being created in that same world.

It's sad and depressing but THEY own the rights to it, it IS theirs. We can demand it, but only they can deliver unfortunately.

P.S.: I think I'm in a melancholy and slightly sadistic mood today.
The thing with Mass Effect is that the original series already involves a plot of literally galactic proportions. Squeezing another story that would be at least as equally grand in the same universe would be a very hard task to accomplish. Not to mention the lameness of introducing Reapers V2 in a different skin.

Although there are, of course, very many games that could do with at leasta spin-off.

On a side note - I recently played Bulletstorm and although it certainly isn't a game for everyone (I loved it though) - it had one of the most beautiful worlds I have ever seen in a video game. I would totally dig an adventure game in that environment.

Reaction score
A new Rouge Squadron game, nothing more thrilling than taking on the empire in an X-wing.

Imagine this with 2012 graphics and gameplay technology, it'd be f**ing MINDBLOWING! Especially the trench part.