• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Good TV Shows?

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I tried to get myself into Weeds, but the main character annoys the hell out of me so I've continued to avoid it.

Aside from Curb Your Enthusiasm, I'd recommend trying out:

Boardwalk Empire
Game of Thrones
Fringe
Prison Break
Spartacus

I'm currently in love with the show Boardwalk Empire, if you like the work and style of Martin Scorsese then you'll definitely enjoy this one. As for Prison Break, I advise watching Season 1 and ONLY Season 1.. the writing is very impressive for such a show, but it goes completely downhill in the subsequent seasons with recycled garbage.

They are pretty much all the shows I have watched/still watch also V was decent but been off air for a while.

queenofdisco

Premium
Reaction score
Have you ever watched Curb Your Enthusiasm before?

Curb is pretty good, pretty pretty... pretty pretty good.

Also the wire, greatest program of all time. And Californication, hank moody is amazing.

Generally though my favs are:

The Wire
Californication
Curb Your Enthusiasm
True Blood
Walking dead
Mongrels
Dexter
Tudors
House MD
Black Books
Red Dwarf
Burn Notice
Weeds
Fringe
Game of Thrones
Spartacus
Band of brothers
FireFly
The Borgias
American dad & family guy

Thats all I can think of at the moment.

ScareCrowReturn

The Token Schizo
Premium
Reaction score
Your keys. Hand them over.

You'll never take me alive!

I have a personal rule not to post here while intoxicated, though that's not to say I don't enjoy the humorous posts of other drunk or high people.

Drink on, Scarecrow. Drink on.

Hahaha, Just remembered about this post, my bad.. I was at the pub and I got drunk for new years eve and then 12.01 came round adn the pub closed down because that was christmas day.. So I came home and decided to internet it.

Enjoy

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score
It gets way better after that. There's some major grow house, DEA, and Mexican drug lord king pin sh*t that happens later.

In that case I'll probably give it another shot, do you recall which season things begin picking up so I can jump right into it?

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score

HeroOfCrapsalot

Dean Gullberry
Premium
Reaction score
The League on FX. Or reruns of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia if you can catch them.

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score
What, a non-American that loves the American version?

Yeah definitely. Watched the British version as well, and it was ok. Not necessarily worse, but different. It was more of a satirical take than a sitcom, and I didn't find it as entertaining.

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score
In that case I'll probably give it another shot, do you recall which season things begin picking up so I can jump right into it?

It picks up a little bit in season two when Nancy teams up with Conrad, and then a little bit more in season three when she gets involved in the dealings of some not-so-small time drug dealers, but then at the end of season three, sh*t explodes. From there, things with the Mexican cartels only escalate. Seasons four and five might be the best part of the show, though the second halves of the sixth and seventh seasons were crazy awesome too.

Yeah definitely. Watched the British version as well, and it was ok. Not necessarily worse, but different. It was more of a satirical take than a sitcom, and I didn't find it as entertaining.

I didn't really like the British version. I thought it was kind of boring. There are other awesome British TV shows though, like the IT Crowd, which I think you mentioned. That show is f*cking hilarious.

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score
Breaking Bad
Californication
Spartacus
Game of Thrones
American Horror Story isn't too bad but it's on basic television so it can't compete with the others 100%

Zjuggernaut

Just plain talented!
Reaction score
Well, seeing as how it's one of my favorite shows, I just have to know, what do you dislike about it?

Don't find it funny. I'm not fond of American Comedy apart from a few films here and there. Plus I hated the original, Ricky Gervais is a terrible comedian.

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score
The Cleveland Show sucks. Cleveland as a character sucks. Now, The Quagmire Show? That I'd watch. Watch the hell out of it.

Giggidy.

Zjuggernaut

Just plain talented!
Reaction score
The Cleveland Show sucks. Cleveland as a character sucks. Now, The Quagmire Show? That I'd watch. Watch the hell out of it.

Giggidy.

Family Guy and any spin offs it has and may decide to do will forever and always be sh*t. The old episodes are funny.. That's it.

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score
Don't find it funny. I'm not fond of American Comedy apart from a few films here and there. Plus I hated the original, Ricky Gervais is a terrible comedian.

At least we can agree about the British version. I don't dislike Ricky Gervais, but the British Office was pretty boring for the most part.

Family Guy and any spin offs it has and may decide to do will forever and always be sh*t.

Agreed. Family Guy is just littered with random, unintelligent, stupid (in a non-funny way) bullshit.

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score
Family Guy and any spin offs it has and may decide to do will forever and always be sh*t. The old episodes are funny.. That's it.

Do not blaspheme unto The Quagmire.

Giggity.

DarkONI

The Shadow Modder
Premium
Reaction score
Oh and 7th Heaven. I laughed off when Matt used to smoke joints.
According to Jim, Family Matters, Malcolm in the Middle, Sabrina the
Teenage Witch, Smallville, Six Feet Under, The Nanny, Walker Texas
Ranger, Knight Rider and finally My Wife and Kids.

I used to watch a lot of TV years ago.

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Merlin
Doctor Who
Game of Thrones
Family Guy
American Dad
Futurama