• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Good TV Shows?

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Family Matters > Fresh Prince

I like my black people nerdy and with funny catchphrases.

mr man

The local mind controller
Reaction score
How about the big bang theory or house

New series of the Simpsons is due in summer but until then you can watch the mentalist or two and a half men

Zjuggernaut

Just plain talented!
Reaction score

Please don't tell me you find him funny.

How about the big bang theory or house

New series of the Simpsons is due in summer but until then you can watch the mentalist or two and a half men

I watch BBT from time to time and I used to watch House quite a lot.

The Simpsons is dead to me and Two and a Half Men dropped in my standards after Sheen was fired. I'm bi-winning.

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score
I don't really see how they even could consider keeping Two and Half Men alive after his departure.

Like it or not, Sheen was the show.

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score
Please don't tell me you find him funny.

Ricky Gervais is a god among men.

Well, he's a funny dude at least. What of his stuff have you seen?

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Ricky Gervais is a god among men.

Well, he's a funny dude at least. What of his stuff have you seen?

Ive never liked him either, I dont mind some things he writes etc but dont normally like shows he takes main roles such as The Office. Though Idiot Aboard with him Stephen Merchant and Karl Pilkington is good.

Arseface

Premium
Reaction score
Ive never liked him either, I dont mind some things he writes etc but dont normally like shows he takes main roles such as The Office. Though Idiot Aboard with him Stephen Merchant and Karl Pilkington is good.

The podcasts that that came from are even better, as well as his standup. I wasn't a huge fan of the British Office, but I thought Extras was hilarious. Him and Stephen Merchant are one of my favourite comedy acts of all time, and especially with Karl Pilkington.

Zjuggernaut

Just plain talented!
Reaction score
I've seen his stuff here and there, I didn't get around to watching a lot of Idiot Abroad but I didn't find The Ricky Gervais Show funny at all. I've seen his stand up on TV, can't remember the names of them though.

Arseface

Premium
Reaction score
I've seen his stuff here and there, I didn't get around to watching a lot of Idiot Abroad but I didn't find The Ricky Gervais Show funny at all. I've seen his stand up on TV, can't remember the names of them though.

His standup shows that I've seen are Animals, Politics and Fame. They're all on Youtube if you want to check them out at all. And have you seen any of Extras?

Zjuggernaut

Just plain talented!
Reaction score
His standup shows that I've seen are Animals, Politics and Fame. They're all on Youtube if you want to check them out at all. And have you seen any of Extras?

The most recent one I saw was Science. Only like 5 minutes or so of Extras.

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score
I haven't seen a whole lot of Ricky Gervais' stuff, but I enjoyed The Invention of Lying.

Arseface

Premium
Reaction score
The most recent one I saw was Science. Only like 5 minutes or so of Extras.

Extras is definitely worth watching. The way it portrays some of the special guests (especially the Patrick Steward episode) is gold.

I haven't seen a whole lot of Ricky Gervais' stuff, but I enjoyed The Invention of Lying.

That movie disappointed me. The plot can basically be summed up with "religion is bullshit".

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score
The plot can basically be summed up with "religion is bullshit".

While the plot couldn't have happened without the religion aspect, I don't think that was its main point.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Recently purchased Season 1-6 of The Sopranos as I havent seen a single episode (yeah im years behind I know) but heard lots of good things about it.

Zjuggernaut

Just plain talented!
Reaction score
Recently purchased Season 1-6 of The Sopranos as I havent seen a single episode (yeah im years behind I know) but heard lots of good things about it.

Not too fond of the drama type shows but I always liked the look of The Sopranos but never got around to watching it. Or Prison Break for that matter.

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score
The Sopranos is brilliant. I've always believed the gangster(not gangstah ffs) genre makes for the best crime movies/series. See The Godfather or Miller's Crossing.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Not too fond of the drama type shows but I always liked the look of The Sopranos but never got around to watching it. Or Prison Break for that matter.

Prison Break was fantastic for 2 seasons, went a little downhill after that but I still loved the show.

The Sopranos is brilliant. I've always believed the gangster(not gangstah ffs) genre makes for the best crime movies/series. See The Godfather or Miller's Crossing.

Im a big fan of older Gangster films such as Goodfellas, Pulp Fiction, The Godfather, Scarface etc and ive heard The Sopranos has a similair style in some ways so thought it would be something I liked. Plus it being a TV series I thought it would entertain me for a long time. Been getting into Boardwalk Empire recently too which is pretty good.

Zjuggernaut

Just plain talented!
Reaction score
Prison Break was fantastic for 2 seasons, went a little downhill after that but I still loved the show.

I'll be fine with that, can't expect it to keep all the drama going for a long time I guess.

Im a big fan of older Gangster films such as Goodfellas, Pulp Fiction, The Godfather, Scarface etc and ive heard The Sopranos has a similair style in some ways so thought it would be something I liked.

If it's in any way like Pulp Fiction, I'll be watching it. The best film ever imo.