• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

How shall the game start?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheLine

Yarr! I am TheLine
Reaction score
How shall the game start?

With all this talk of E3 and more and more previews of Fable III I've been wondering how the game will start, I know it's about over throwing your brother and all that but my REAL question is Shall we start off a a perky little boy and grow into a teenager (one of the things that made Fable I awesome) Or do we generally start off as an adult?

Also since we're talking about children how old shall the children get to be now in Fable III?

ScubaToaster

Off hunting Hollowmen
Reaction score
Re: How shall the game start?

It shall start as you being ossim, and overthrowing the king. Nuff said.

P.S. Probably early adult years.

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score

Fable will always start with your character as a child. Molyneux says Fable 3 will be just like the other two games in that aspect.

If I were designing the game, I would start it off with your character finding out about Sparrow's death. Then, Logan, being just old enough to be considered an adult, assumes the throne and you grow up with him corrupting and ruining Albion.

Arc Caster

Sarcastic Slacker
Reaction score

I Agree With Necromancer On This. And I Hope You At Least Get To Grow Up And Have What You Do As A Kid Effect Your Teenager A Little... Even If It's Just Mean Kid Means A Unkempt Teenager, Nicer Kid Means A More Groomed Teenager... If That Makes Sense.

SaintofAlbion

Warrior Saint
Reaction score

Necromancer11;398809 said:
Fable will always start with your character as a child. Molyneux says Fable 3 will be just like the other two games in that aspect.

If I were designing the game, I would start it off with your character finding out about Sparrow's death. Then, Logan, being just old enough to be considered an adult, assumes the throne and you grow up with him corrupting and ruining Albion.

I wonder, though, if that is how it will start out, if so then, then other bits of the release I've seen would make a little more sense.

Supposedly, (I don't really know, got this from another Forum site) that you can Import your Fable II save file... well... I don't know exactly how that would come into play other than the game knowing your parent, the dead King/Queen was a boy or girl.

Own, Fable TLC, Fable II Platinum Edition, Pre-Ordered Fable III LE!

Anyone want to explain to me how the file importing will work?

James Butts

A Damn Fool
Reaction score

If I heard what molenuex said in the video right we start out with 1,000,000 gold inheritance....

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score

SaintofAlbion;398853 said:
Anyone want to explain to me how the file importing will work?

You're able to play as one of your children on your Fable 2 save game, but that's all we know so far.

James Butts;398873 said:
If I heard what molenuex said in the video right we start out with 1,000,000 gold inheritance....

That could all change once you flee your brother's castle though.

Anvious

Reaction score

I think you start out as a little boy, and Logan is already being a giant d**k (Perhaps hide your toys and you have to go find it or something?), and after a short while you go to your dad (who is still king, but on his dying bed). Tells you some stuff, and dies.
Then a few years later : http://www.youtube.com/gamerlivetv#p/search/0/N48mR4Xrd4c

That happens ;)
Although some other interview said that Logan kicks you out, rather than deciding to leave yourself

MGSpro97

Paladin
Reaction score

Hi, this is my first post and I was just wondering when you import you're files from Fable 2 to Fable 3 will you get to choose which save file to import or will it just import you're first profile? I would really hate to have my Hero 1 as my parent.

TheLine

Yarr! I am TheLine
Reaction score

Oh thank god, I love how they design the kids and it would be fun to finally be a not poor child.

MazeSon

Reaction score

Its should start with you as a child. Your father dies(hero of Bowerstone). Your brother takes over.He becomes a Tyrant and you rebal.

.:fablefan:.

Fable 3 Player And Other Games
Reaction score

Well from all the videos i've seen about F3 is it that you start out as an adult although i haven't rly dived into that section, but yah in all the fable games you either start poor or middle class (F1)
but i always did like that you were kinda the lucky kids who's life got turned around
But we'll just have to wait and see, Right Mate?

Dark Prophit

The Horseman of Death
Premium
Reaction score

MGSpro97, i hope aswell that they allow you to choose the save file, i have two glitched files with about 10-20 kids on each (Baby maker fun!!:devil:) and that it would be awful to use them due to not knowing the alignment since it has been a couple months since they glitched to a point where i cant play them.

hopefully i would be able to rub gold o my body before logan would eventually kick my hero out :shifty:

Sean

Fallen
Premium
Reaction score

YOu start out in the Castle and run away.

Dark Prophit

The Horseman of Death
Premium
Reaction score

True that more than likely you run away (i just wanted to have my fantasy of rubbing gold on my body before i left the castle...:whistle:)

Vicious Dice

Smashing Pumpkins
Reaction score

I have heard from many sources that you start in your teens but I hope you start like the first two and start as a child. A rich child. :)

Kahindes

Reaction score

I always had that impression that you started off as a teenager or perhaps adult. Still at least with the others having a childhood it had a purpose, it gave some back-story - a motive. However I am guessing maybe that the King dies when you are a child and that Logan - being quite a bit older then you I assume- would take the throne there and then.

After I am guessing that you grown up watching the Kingdom slowly go into disarray, eventually running away and vowing to make the world a better place after many years of trying to convince Logan what he is doing is wrong. I can only imagine at this rate though. I guess we'll just have to wait.

Triz

Woot! Food =)
Reaction score

First up, he revisited the premise of the game. It's set in Albion, which -- as we noticed right away -- has become heavily industrialized. You play as the son or daughter of the hero from Fable 2, with Molyneux confirming that you can import your saved game from that title, but that it "will make minor, not major, changes to the story." The game's structure will have you starting out as a "nobody," getting people to believe in you and eventually starting a revolution. About half-way through, you'll be the king or queen of Albion.
---- Straight from Peter. Just typed by Randy Nelson from Joystiq.

I believe Peter is going to have us start from a teen or early adult. Of course a child is going to be nobody so Peter would have said, Child, Nobody, Getting People to believe in you and eventually starting a revolution.

sirsimon

Reaction score

I believe you will begin the game as a fat, spoiled child, but when you are a young adult, your mentor Sir Walter uncovers evidence that Logan is plotting to murder you to prevent opposition against his reign. On the night Logan orders his guards to kill you, Walter leads you out of the castle and vows to exact revenge on Logan and promises to look after you.

I think this will be the scenario, judging from what Peter has said, all the interviews and news I have looked at

Status
Not open for further replies.