• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

I can't sleep

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score
I can't sleep

Well, it's 2 am here, and I really can't sleep. It's ****ing me off.

I guess the main reason is because i've been going to bed really late lately (upwards of 3 am), but the past few nights I've been trying to reign it in, which would usually work except that I can't stop thinking about my new iPhone which should be coming in the mail at some point next week. It's like christmas when I was 10. Damnit, I should have gotten over that whole anticipation of toys business years ago.

I guess the other reason is that I'm not in bed or anything.

In other news, I just realised that I'm going to be twenty next year x_x

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Re: I can't sleep

Need to clear mind and remember that theres nothing you can do to hurry the situation with the iPhone & get into bed. Just got to wait and be patient as next week is still a while away yet. A warm drink usually helps me get to sleep. If it makes you feel any better i will be 24 in about 5 weeks. x_x

Arseface

Premium
Reaction score

I know, it's just a mind over matter thing. Still hard to do though.

I figure I'll just surf the net till I get genuinely tired, but that can get boring.

And it's not a big deal for you; you're already in your twenties.

Arseface

Premium
Reaction score

JohnDoe;354762 said:
I'm always getting stuff through the mail, since it's the only way to get anything in this dirt city. I used to keep my eyes glued to the package tracking data on shipping sites, but when I found out how unreliable they are ("shipment is currently on route" no it's in my lap dammit), I found a better way to pass the time. Sleep. Sleep time is fast time, staying awake means that the package feels like it's taking longer to get here, and I'll feel dead tired when it does get here. Which reminds me, my last shipment went to the post office, postage due. I swear I hate Logitech....

I know all this, but I can't stop my brain from having this anticipation without some powerful drugs. And arseface can't afford powerful drugs. :(

LobotomizedLOVE

Pistol Fiend
Reaction score

Drugs aren't worth it. You should just try to stay awake and then go to bed early the following day. That should get your sleeping pattern back into order.

Daemon300

Premium
Reaction score

I can't sleep.

I'm going to sleep at 2AM and then I remember checking the time every night.

And it says 4AM.

Grrrrr...

And then I sleep to 3PM ;p

It's all gonna change soon :(

Man

The Superior Being
Reaction score

Blunt force trauma. Its a good way to knock yourself out. Or you could just drink some kind of tea or warm milk, it should work, since it supposedly makes you sleepy.

Skotekal

Sheeple President
Premium
Reaction score

LobotomizedLOVE;354768 said:
Drugs aren't worth it. You should just try to stay awake and then go to bed early the following day. That should get your sleeping pattern back into order.

This is exactly how I usually fix this problem. But the problem for me right now is actually staying up the whole night and not falling asleep at around 5AM. And I need to fix this pattern soon, because the holidays are almost over, and I'm usually in bed by about 3:30 - 4AM. Grahhhk.

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score

^I've got that same exact problem. I went to bed at 3:00 last night. I only have one more night where I'm able to do that because I have school on Monday, so I guess I'll use it to stay up all night and be tired on Sunday night. The only problem is that I have to finish up some homework this weekend, and I'll probably end up f*cking something up on it if I do it when I'm super tired on Sunday. :lol:

Arseface

Premium
Reaction score

I drank a hot chocolate (which I made in the bathroom, but that's another story), and managed to get to sleep. I just woke up at midday after the most ****ed up dream. I'm so going to start sleeping earlier.

Daemon300

Premium
Reaction score

^Why does the bathroom bit make me think that it was your... well, you know what, that you drank...?

Noctus

Metal Connoisseur
Reaction score

I originally went to bed at 1:00. I started crying for no reason and now I'm back at around 2:30.

I havn't cried in years and this time I just can't put my finger on why I'm crying. F**k emotions are complicated, right?

Arseface

Premium
Reaction score

Daemon300;354805 said:
^Why does the bathroom bit make me think that it was your... well, you know what, that you drank...?

Nice try, but we call our toilets toilets, not bathrooms. Our bathrooms have our baths showers and sinks, but no toilets.

There was no toileting done of any kind last night.

Daemon300

Premium
Reaction score

Well but you "made" it in the bathroom, and you could have gotten the... "ingriedents" from somewhere else.

Ugh... I can't believe that I'm even thinking about this...

Arseface

Premium
Reaction score

Well, in either case it was made with chocolate. Nothing else. Except milk and hot water.

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score

Arseface;354798 said:
I drank a hot chocolate (which I made in the bathroom, but that's another story)

Tell us about it!

Arseface;354798 said:
after the most ****ed up dream.

Tell us about it!

Arseface

Premium
Reaction score

Necromancer11;354820 said:
Tell us about it!

Well, it's not very interesting. But out bathroom is at the back of the house and since everyone else was sound asleep, I moved the kettle in there to stop it from waking everyone up.

Necromancer11;354820 said:
Tell us about it!

Ok, so I was at my local 7-11, but it wasn't a 7-11, it was a MacDonalds, and I was a day late for this school camp, and it's like 10 pm, but it's ok because the bus was at this Macdonalds (taking the kids on like a day trip from the camp or something), so I could get on there. So I went and funnily enough it skipped that day, and the next night the same thing was going on. We were at the Maccas ordering, but my order was taking too long. It finally came (and the weird thing is that it wasn't even a maccas meal or anything. It was two large cans of mother (and one with a hole in the side of it), and a plate of thick chips), but when I went outside, the bus had gone because I took too long. I was really ****ed off. Then I saw all these coaches going past thinking that they were the bus, but none of them was. Then I texted my mum to come pick me up, and I woke up.

Daemon300

Premium
Reaction score

lol what...

Arseface

Premium
Reaction score

Exactly my thoughts when I woke up.

Aions

Cant dance.
Reaction score

i dont go to bed un till 3am, i watch tv and crap and then i fall asleep around 5am
i wake up around 12 pm