• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

I hail from ____

S

Solus

Re: I hail from ____

I'm not quite sure myself, though I have heard a couple things:

1. Some people think that England has more freedoms (Which isn't hard to assume, considering it seems like our government is stripping us of most of ours)

2. The law is less strict, (Which ties in with 1) and they think you can get away with more thing that you couldn't here

Being an American myself, I don't quite understand either. You should just be happy with where you live :hmm:

The guy that posted that may not have an interest in England for either of those though, maybe he just likes the scenery?

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Solus;164079 said:
I'm not quite sure myself, though I have heard a couple things:

1. Some people think that England has more freedoms (Which isn't hard to assume, considering it seems like our government is stripping us of most of ours)

2. The law is less strict, (Which ties in with 1) and they think you can get away with more thing that you couldn't here

Being an American myself, I don't quite understand either. You should just be happy with where you live :hmm:

The guy that posted that may not have an interest in England for either of those though, maybe he just likes the scenery?

What freedoms do we have that you dont then? Our drinking age is lower, thats all that comes to mind straight away. We arent allowed to buy guns and such like people in America can and you would probably get a lighter sentence for being caught with drugs on you and such there than you would here. However for things like murder you still have death penalty over there and we dont here. Just throwing some ideas around as comparisons that come to mind randomly.

D

Darg

Well, of all places to find yourself in, I'm in the middle of nowhere. And I mean nowhere. Against my will in the midst of... *shudder*... Wyoming...

S

Solus

Darg;164092 said:
Well, of all places to find yourself in, I'm in the middle of nowhere. And I mean nowhere. Against my will in the midst of... *shudder*... Wyoming...

Haha.jpg

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

I love Wyoming. It especially amuses me that if, as some wish, DC became a state (New Columbia) Wyoming would STILL have the least population of any US state.

Also, I DON'T love the UK, but one of my classmates does. She's a history buff, also obsessed with the Marines. One of her other fixations is the UK. Also Horatio Nelson.

Also have a handful of people from the UK. Personally, I don't see much difference. Though, also personally, I'd say this-- I think we're infinitely superior to anywhere with any form of any remnant of a monarchy.

And Maryland is superior to anywhere, period. Just because it's my home. Specifically, my county is infinitely superior, as is my town; in the face of a great deal of evidence. Same with the US. To correctly quote Stephen Decatur (another Marylander, i might point out)-- "Our country, may she always be in the right; but our country, right or wrong."

And I can't see the Wyoming image, because I'm at school. Dammit.

Keelee.Hamomin

Lovable Lunatic
Reaction score

And my sister loves grapes...... ^^

We live in Colorado. Born and raised, wouldn't have it any other way. ^^ It'd be even better if not for the people that live here...........
As for Wyoming, every time I went there was worse than before...... But by far the worst state, in my opinion, is Nebraska..... It takes forever to drive through it and all you have to look at is corn....... and maybe a cow or two. On a major highway at mid-day through rush hour... we were the only people on the road!!!! It was like we drove through some space-time warp and ended up in the twilight zone!!

*ahem* Anywhos..... sorry, yeah. I hail from Colorado.... ^^

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Walker;164114 said:
Also have a handful of people from the UK. Personally, I don't see much difference. Though, also personally, I'd say this-- I think we're infinitely superior to anywhere with any form of any remnant of a monarchy.

As much as i dont care about the royal family or our government id have them over George Bush anyday. :lol:

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

Dark Drakan;164179 said:
As much as i dont care about the royal family or our government id have them over George Bush anyday. :lol:

Yeah, I'm reasonably sure he's a moron. But we get rid of any president in at MOST eight years. How long has Elizabeth been on the throne? How 'bout all her little ancestors? How long will her descendants?

Hell, for that matter, the same thing goes for your Primer Ministers, only less so. Correct me if I'm wrong, but they don't lose their post until deliberately evicted, right?

Just thought I'd make that little point...

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Walker;164199 said:
Yeah, I'm reasonably sure he's a moron. But we get rid of any president in at MOST eight years. How long has Elizabeth been on the throne? How 'bout all her little ancestors? How long will her descendants?

Hell, for that matter, the same thing goes for your Primer Ministers, only less so. Correct me if I'm wrong, but they don't lose their post until deliberately evicted, right?

Just thought I'd make that little point...

Shes been on the throne for quite some time but these days the actual government makes more decisions than she does, she merely nods her head it seems. If the prime ministers are doing a bad job then there can be calls for them to step down they can be in office for 10 years (Tony Blair) if they are re-elected. The maximum period allowed between UK Parliamentary elections is five years so they can be elected out by the public in that time too. However a prime minister can be gone from downing street in anything as low as 1 year (Sir Alec Douglas-Home 1963-4 Conservative).

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score

The royal family in England, much like that in Sweden, is just for show. Their only real purpose is allowing the paparazi to make a honest living. (if you could call that sort of job "honest).

S

Solus

Tsuyu;164255 said:
The royal family in England, much like that in Sweden, is just for show. Their only real purpose is allowing the paparazi to make a honest living. (if you could call that sort of job "honest).

I would take a king or queen over Bush any day :getlost:

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score

You know that the king of Sweden can't, purely technically speaking, be charged for any crime - including murder?

Would you reaaaally want a person with that sort of power in charge?

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Tsuyu;164269 said:
You know that the king of Sweden can't, purely technically speaking, be charged for any crime - including murder?

Would you reaaaally want a person with that sort of power in charge?

Id heard the same thing said about the Queen in England before, however the thought of her wielding any weapon makes me chuckle inside.

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score

Hehe yeah. But there are other things than murder - our dear ol' king is quite famous for not abiding traffic rules and then getting of clean as ever.

Really makes you mad seeing as my mom was driving 5 or so km/h too fast and got hit with a very big fine.

S

Solus

Dark Drakan;164272 said:
Id heard the same thing said about the Queen in England before, however the thought of her wielding any weapon makes me chuckle inside.

granny%20gun.jpg

Be prepared...

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Tsuyu;164274 said:
Hehe yeah. But there are other things than murder - our dear ol' king is quite famous for not abiding traffic rules and then getting of clean as ever.

Really makes you mad seeing as my mom was driving 5 or so km/h too fast and got hit with a very big fine.

Again i cant see the queen driving a car either so we get away with that too. :lol:

Seems harsh to fine someone so much for something so little over the limit.

Solus;164276 said:
granny%20gun.jpg

Be prepared...

:lol:

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score

That's the Swedish police for you.

"Murderers? Child molesters? Rapists? Nah, let's go hide in a tree with a laser gun and fine people for nothing! Now that's tax money well spent."

:w00t:.....:'(

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Tsuyu;164279 said:
That's the Swedish police for you.

"Murderers? Child molesters? Rapists? Nah, let's go hide in a tree with a laser gun and fine people for nothing! Now that's tax money well spent."

:w00t:.....:'(

Sounds just like here to be honest.