• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Jack of Blades Return Possible For Fable 3?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluedrake

Reaction score
Re: Jack of Blades Return Possible For Fable 3?

Vicious Dice;408088 said:
Most people like Jack of Blades more than Lucien Fairfax and were dissapointed by the lack of boss fight in Fable 2, most don't want JoB to return, they just want a villian that is just as good, or even better then JoB for Fable 3. I fall in such a category. I love Jack of Blades and I enjoyed Lucien but I wanted a difficult final enemy, not one that died in one hit.

I liked them both, but I tend to prefer Jack because he seemed like more of a threat. Lucien was only human and went down too easily.

Lionhead seems to be into making one-dimensional villains. Logan from Fable 3 seems to be in the same vein.

Arc Caster

Sarcastic Slacker
Reaction score

^That Exactly^
(Quoted And Non-Quoted Text In That Post)

Dark Prophit

The Horseman of Death
Premium
Reaction score

i liked Jack's malicious intent and the fact he was tough to beat, however Lucien was a good villain, but not a good final boss. if logan has the emotional and complex plan but with Jack's difficulty, i will be extremely happy. (p.s. i didn't mind that lucien died from one shot, i just wished he had a bodyguard that was tough to beat.)

TheLine

Yarr! I am TheLine
Reaction score

I hope we get the option to spare our dear brother. Because Family is the most important thing :l

Vicious Dice

Smashing Pumpkins
Reaction score

TheLine;408144 said:
I hope we get the option to spare our dear brother. Because Family is the most important thing :l

Not all the time...

Reaction score

TheLine;408144 said:

I agree, I reckon if You spare Him it might (call Me crazy but) Logan might actually come in handy later on in the story if the game lets You take Him alive.

Lithary

Reaction score

True, but if he is a can not be tamed then I will make him suck my lighting...
For me it doesn't matter if someone is family or whatever...
What's important for me is what kind of person someone is...
You can be my bloody twin brother, but if you are an buthole then I'll put a bullet in your head without thinking and without feeling guilty...

DarkONI

The Shadow Modder
Premium
Reaction score

TheLine;408144 said:

I believe the player will have the opportunity to choose the brother's destiny, however, I'm sure that after a point Logan will either die against the hero or against the people that he tortured for years.

Regarding "family is the most important thing" I don't agree. However, Judge Holloway should favor that, I think.

Hillbilly88

Reaction score

i loved fighting job but his time came and went. i wouldnt like it if they brought him back it just wouldnt fit right i dont think. and i have a feeling that logan is going to be a boss fight worth remembering i hope, i mean he is your brother and the son of a hero so hopefully it will be a fairly even fight between you two and test you. lionhead seems to listen to the fans sometimes and im pretty sure that one of the biggest gripes was the lack of a boss fight at the end of fable 2 so im hopeing that you get one halfway through the game when you fight logan and then another epic one at the end of the game

ali1238

would you kindly
Reaction score

Lithary;408158 said:
True, but if he is a can not be tamed then I will make him suck my lighting...
For me it doesn't matter if someone is family or whatever...
What's important for me is what kind of person someone is...
You can be my bloody twin brother, but if you are an buthole then I'll put a bullet in your head without thinking and without feeling guilty...

Tough talk from someone who will never be put in such a situation. You would feel guilty. Even trained soldiers feel guilty, after killing absolute 'nobodies'.

Reaction score

ali1238;408210 said:
Tough talk from someone who will never be put in such a situation. You would feel guilty. Even trained soldiers feel guilty, after killing absolute 'nobodies'.

True, I hope I never have to get put in that situation.

Lithary

Reaction score

ali1238;408210 said:

Hmmm... you are wrong about me feeling guilty... trust me...
This is not some tough talk, but I am person who simply can shut out his emotions...

Reaction score

Lithary;408221 said:
Hmmm... you are wrong about me feeling guilty... trust me...
This is not some tough talk, but I am person who simply can shut out his emotions...

Lack of empathy or remorse for those You kill, hallmarks of a Psychopath if You ask Me. :wacko:

Vicious Dice

Smashing Pumpkins
Reaction score

SelfAppointedGunslinger;408230 said:
Lack of empathy or remorse for those You kill, hallmarks of a Psychopath if You ask Me. :wacko:

And that's a bad thing...

Bluedrake

Reaction score

Vicious Dice;408239 said:
And that's a bad thing...

In fiction? No. In real life? Heck yeah!

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score

Vlad;301482 said:
He uses his mask to take over host bodies and thus live forever. Could he possibly return? The mask was destroyed, so is there anyway at all for Jack to come back? in one of the loading screens, I read that the Cult of Blades tried to resurrect him, but faild.

here's why jack could be in Fable 3. i debated this with another member for over a month so i've got my facts straight.
FACT #1 - Jack as a King
jack was in fact a king in a sense. the sword of aeons was originally his, as stated on fable wiki. jack was a king in the sense that he was the second strongest being of the void, and the male one at that. in that sense, jack could be a king. jack could also have been a king if he had ever fooled a monarch into wearing his mask.

FACT #2 - Revenge
theresa was completely a victim to jack! she was blinded by him, kidnapped by him... personally she did nothing against jack other than advise the hero of oakvale. and all of this was because of his grudge against william black. i say he would want vengeance on the entire hero bloodline...punish the descendants for both of his defeats.

FACT #3 - The Shadow Court
i absolutely believe that jack was "killed" at the end of tlc. they chose the good ending as cannon. even if theresa doesn't choose to resurrect jack for whatever she's plotting, the shadow court...likely the same shadow court from the time of william black, is in wraithmarsh. according to fablewiki, the head of the court used the same character model as theresa. not to mention, there were 3 court judges alive and well.

FACT #4 - The Perfect World/The Void (?)
you see rose after lucien shoots you. where do you go? the perfect world (which i believe to be the void). you see rose in the afterlife, and recieve a letter. whether you bring the letter back from the perfect world, or it is given to you by theresa is not distinguished in the game, so further speculation is difficult.

http://fable.wikia.com/wiki/Void
according to this wonderful article
  • the void houses beings of the void, and their minions
  • beings of the void can create "buildings and furniture" at will
  • it is hinted to be the afterlife
  • any mortal who enters will face a deforming illness

and here's why jack won't be in fable 3
BECAUSE LIONHEAD ALREADY CONFIRMED IT

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score

cheezMcNASTY;408276 said:
and here's why jack won't be in fable 3
BECAUSE LIONHEAD ALREADY CONFIRMED IT

I wasn't aware of that. It's not surprising though. Could you link me to where it said that? I just want to check it out for myself.

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score

Necromancer11;408278 said:
I wasn't aware of that. It's not surprising though. Could you link me to where it said that? I just want to check it out for myself.

went back to get the linky, but it looks like it isn't sited. fable wiki seems to say it pretty black and white, though. maybe whoever posted it just forgot. :p

Fable Wiki said:
It is most likely Jack will not return, and the developers have confirmed this, since he was destroyed (along with his soul in the mask) by The Hero of Oakvale.

Source - See Trivia Section

Vicious Dice

Smashing Pumpkins
Reaction score

Bluedrake;408251 said:
In fiction? No. In real life? Heck yeah!

Your such a killjoy.

Lithary

Reaction score

Agh... you got me wrong... you make me sound like I would enjoy killing people around me >.<
I just wanted to say that I am person who can shut his emotions in moments when it is hardest to do it but it has to be done...
People are known to be eaten by their guilt... I'm not like that...
I.e. if there is a small baby that needs to die to prevent a world destruction (it could happen!) most of the people would not be able to kill it and even if they do guilt would eat them up because it was small innocent baby they killed...
Me... I would kill that baby and wouldn't feel guilt because it was something that needed to be done, but that doesn't mean that I enjoyed it...
Anyway... change of subject before this turns into a 'Charles Manson fan club meeting' -.-

Status
Not open for further replies.