• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

KNothole Island DLC From Lionhead

Fast7

The Infection/Cure
Reaction score
Re: KNothole Island DLC From Lionhead

WHAAAAAAAAAA WOOOOOOOOW MORE STORYIES also sorry for your loss dude

Fast7

The Infection/Cure
Reaction score

wait so is there 2 different things to download, the storm temple/the island or is it both together....and this is going to be sick.....also how many new things do you think you are going to (things me quests)

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score

this is great bu im not getting excited at all cuz i did for fable 2 and i was dissappionted so im not letting yself do that to knothole!

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

YES! Knothole Glade! Or, what the hell, at least the island Knothole Glade was on. I especially like this for one reason: in F1 the ax descriptions associated them with Knothole Glade. Maybe we'll get shiny new cool axes here!

Also is it just me, or does the guy standing by the sub in that screenshot look like Barnum? I'd like to point everyone back to this thread where this guy said THIS:

PriestXIII;69705 said:
I don't think trains or cars will be in the game. The title of the thread is from an old movie with John Candy and Steve Martin. If you are in Europe than that is why you might have miss understood me. It would be kinda cool to see albion at a time thta peple were trying to invent modes of transport. Maybe have a model of DaVinci and his flying machines. You know like some old crackpot in the game that invenets weird futuristic things that everyone thinks is crazy. You could do side missions for to get supplies or be a test dummy. It might be able to work in Fable. Not a big part of the game but maybe 5-6 side missions that you could do.

Okay, so there's a typo there; but is it just me or does it look like that guy who hasn't been on in almost exactly a year just plain NAILED it? I mean, Barnum is definitely a crackpot and he's already come up with photography and what looks like a submarine. Or at least a submersible.

R

Roark86

I actually think the expansion will have Knothole island NOT knothole GLADE. it says in the description that the tribes from the glade left for the island hundreds of years ago to escape the balverines. Maybe the Glade will be there also, but I'm just saying. From the description, you'll be going to a different island than what you're thinking of from Fable 1.

Steampunk

Space Head
Reaction score

Its sad, I want this expansion, Im going to pay for it, Im going to enjoy it, But I deserve a free expansion. I think.

Watson

Reaction score

I don't have Xbox Live but this really doesn't make me want to either... Unless more downloadable content comes. Knothole Glade doesn't really make me go 'wow' or random assortments of clothing.

R

Roark86

You don't need gold to download it. Silver can still make downloads.

A

Azrooh

Looks like they'll be spoonfeeding us random bits of content until Fable Three. Joy.

Orpheus Lupus

The Pretty-Okay Doctor
Reaction score

I'm looking forward to it. That said, the problem with saying it absolutely should be free and such is, well...Just a generation ago we didn't really have downloadable content or expansions on consoles. Ever. Technically we don't "deserve" anything. You don't want to pay for it, you don't have to really. It seems to be a lengthy side quest, not some big huge part of the plot.

Not to mention we don't know what the outright circumstances are, not to mention release dates are a funny thing that one side or the other doesn't have a whole lot of control over. At any rate chances are yes, downloadable content will be stuff left out of the final game due to time or space constraints. And yes, the people working at Lionhead will probably expect to be paid. They have to eat too, guys.

W

Wolfie

Awesome! I can't wait to play in the snow with mah doggie! ^_^

"Free and premium downloaders will receive a shower of special gifts, including Knight's Boots, Assassins Gloves, a special Weight Loss Potion, collectible silver book and more."

I'm confused. Whats a free or premiuim downloader?

J

Jedimindtrixxx

i think free is the co-op thingy, and premium is the island itself. either way im just gunna download the free part for the gifts and wait for the island to become free. they cant keep it costing money forever

how long u guys think till its free? im predicting 2 months after release?

i am actually super duper excited, like i cant fall asleep now excited and i got school tomorrow! garrrrrrrr i cant ****en waitttttt!!!!!!!

S

senseless

is knothole island part of fable2?ne1 got hero dolls for trade got alot of reaver dolls.How do get the others is this day n time based thing.I'll also buy em if sum1 has a spare to sellmy gamertag's name is lilporkchops.feel free to add me

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

I knew they'd do this. :D..This is totally awesome!

squidcheez

Reaction score

Hopefully its not really small like the stupid dungeon in Limited Edition.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Orpheus Lupus;238638 said:
I'm looking forward to it. That said, the problem with saying it absolutely should be free and such is, well...Just a generation ago we didn't really have downloadable content or expansions on consoles. Ever. Technically we don't "deserve" anything. You don't want to pay for it, you don't have to really. It seems to be a lengthy side quest, not some big huge part of the plot.

Not to mention we don't know what the outright circumstances are, not to mention release dates are a funny thing that one side or the other doesn't have a whole lot of control over. At any rate chances are yes, downloadable content will be stuff left out of the final game due to time or space constraints. And yes, the people working at Lionhead will probably expect to be paid. They have to eat too, guys.

Totally agree with everything there, especially the bold part. +rep

X

Xeros

Just 10$ for more content, 10$ is not that much I mean people waste 10$ EACH month on a MMORPG to end-up doing the same thing countless of time again, 10$ on smoking, 10$ on a meal at McDonalds :p or whatever, I myself really enjoyed the Core Game, Even after I beated it the first time I keep playing on that game searching for hidded stuff, getting all the cloths (Bandit Gloves and boots for example) looking for other secrets and so on.

Expanding contect is always good even if its a 5-10hours quest, we Still get more cloths weapons, new places to explore and the "augmention tool" to customize weapons (not even sure what they mean but sounds nice :p).

The free DLC I suppose is just a fix so players that don't get the 10$ DLC can keep playing co-op on the rest of Albion with those that have it, plus they get some gifts too, plus the fix patch that is probally comming in December too... is an All Win situation :p

C

Ch0seN 0nE

250 ms points!!
thats like nothing
i am gonna get this for sure

Dagzey

Sith Lord
Reaction score

Ch0seN 0nE;238725 said:
250 ms points!!