• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

KONY

Noctus

Metal Connoisseur
Reaction score
I don't know what to think at the moment to be honest. I just put this up because i found it interesting, but still read this http://s3.amazonaws.com/www.invisiblechildren.com/critiques.html. It's a statement they put out in response to all of the hate. But yeah, as i said, i don't know what to think. I will wait for everything to clear up before i consider helping out via donating etc.
None of that even touches on the fact that ultimately they're putting more Ugandan kids in danger now that Kony will be on the offensive. The video said himself, he has a damn army.

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score
The documentary was just desperate pulling at heart strings with absolutely no relevant information based on the conflict in Uganda. It's pretty much just meaningless propaganda. Not to mention that Invisible Children Inc's mostly pay for rich, privileged Americans to fly out to Uganda, gawk at how bad it is and then ultimately put them in more danger.

I obviously support getting this guy caught but this is stupid.

To its credit, it's the most successful and therefore worst kind of propaganda. The kind where, even as a naysayer, you feel like a horrible human being for pointing it out. At least I did.

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score
I'm kinda curious as to how one translates "Fighting for the Ten Commandments" into "raping little children".

Noctus

Metal Connoisseur
Reaction score
To its credit, it's the most successful and therefore worst kind of propaganda. The kind where, even as a naysayer, you feel like a horrible human being for pointing it out. At least I did.
I didn't, because more people are going to get hurt from this.

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I'm going to be honest, after reading a couple of articles that have given negative critique towards KONY 2010 I feel like a bit of a dipsh*t for sharing the video on my facebook - along with the huge amount of newborn avid activists. Who are the type that believe changing your fb status is an effective way of fighting cancer for example.

I just don't know what to think. I admire their good intentions, but I agree with Noctus; this may in fact end up doing more harm than good.

Cain

Reaction score
I'm kinda curious as how one translates "Fighting for the Ten Commandments" into "raping little children".

He has sixty wives and forty-two children. I'm pretty sure the bible dosen't allow that either.

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score
Fighting for the 10 commandments? By my count, he's broken 9 of them. Assuming that by claiming his mission in the lords name counts as both creating a false idol and taking the lord's name in vain. Whether it's 8 or 9 depends on whether or not he keeps the Sabbath holy, my gut instinct says that he doesn't.

1. Have no other Gods before me - hasn't been broken.
2. Worship of false idols - I consider this one broken.
3. Shall not take the lord's name in vain - He totally has. Not by saying "god damn" something but by justifying his actions with it.
4. Keep the sabbath holy - No way he keeps it holy. He's hiding in the jungle, kidnapping kids. Let's face it, he can't afford to give up Sundays.
5. Honor thy father and mother - This dude doesn't honor anyone's father or mother.
6. Shall not murder - Ha. As if this one hasn't been broken.
7. Shall not commit adultery - He's not even trying to avoid it.
8. Shall not steal - *facedesk*
9. Shall not bear false witness against your neighbor - *double facedesk*
10. Shall not covet your neighbor's goods - *EPIC facedesk*

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score
The CIA needs to pull a Castro on him.

Quickly.

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score

Quickly.
Exploding cigars?
They didn't work. If he's anything like Castro, he's too crafty for such a genius plan.

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score

Skotekal

Sheeple President
Premium
Reaction score
430238_10150573912412455_523812454_9332187_2105613564_n.jpg

I haven't even watched the video. Far too long for me. I considered but then decided to watch a show about 500 million years ago. It seemed a tad bit more interesting.

Noctus

Metal Connoisseur
Reaction score
I think it's all a bit unfair, really. Peter Pan can raise an army of armed children and get off scott free and when Joseph Kony does it, he's a war criminal? Ridiculous.

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score

Quickly.
Fail to kill him, make a poor invasion, and then let him take over the country?

El Mosqueton

Party Animal
Reaction score
He puts the infant in infantry.
EDIT* Goddammit Skotekal. I really should see all the responses before posting one of my own.

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score
Fail to kill him, make a poor invasion, and then let him take over the country?

Don't forget "naming a street after him" too. Seriously though, I don't think anyone would complain if they took this bastard out.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...2012-growing-outrage-in-Uganda-over-film.html

Would you look at that, the Ugandan people, the people who know what they're talking about, had the exact same concerns as me.

This is why rich privileged idiots who don't know s*** should keep their nose out of things they don't understand.

Reminds me of Holiday in Cambodia by Dead Kennedys.

D3m190d

Your Future Emperor
Reaction score
I posted this on my Facebook because I thought it was a good initiative. But I didn't promise anyone I was gonna do anything to help! Hah, let's just raise awareness and wait for somebody else to do something. And if they fail or succeed I probably won't care.