• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

KONY

Sean

Fallen
Premium
Reaction score
This is the funniest **** I've seen in a long time. HIPSTERS, UNITE! POST POSTERS AROUND THE CITY AND WE WILL CHANGE THE WARLD!

This is nothing more than mainly self-centered SPOILED WHITE AMERICAN kids who only "want to change" something because it's in the trend and it makes them look like they're good people, simply throwing money into a situation they clearly don't understand.

Problems:
The footage was taken in 2003.
The most wanted list with Kony being #1 is basically pre-9/11. Kony is now #9.
Kony and the last remaining remnants of the LRA were last seen heading into the Congo around 4-6 years ago.
The LRA and Ugandan Military are currently in the middle of peace talks.
IC (Invisible Children) only gives around 34-37% of it's donations to the actual cause.
IC actually worked with another militant group (which also raped and murdered) against the LRA.
The Government of Uganda itself really isn't all that better.

The idea that putting posters all over the place, clicking "like" on facebook or "thumbs up" on YouTube is going to help anything, is rather bizarre. They claim it's to bring awareness to world leaders and politicians and cultural icons. Um. Since when do a bunch of suburb kids of America know more than Military Commanders, Political Leaders or World Leaders about the massacres, genocides and over all atrocities of the world?

If you want to talk about how you've helped someone, or you support someone then please go to Uganda yourself.

That is all.

Goodbye.

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score
I think all this hate is unjustified and frankly, pretty offensive. The LRA **** heaps of lives up horribly for no real reason. They're still doing it. I agree that that video uses misinformation to spread it's message, and I don't think that's necessarily right. Does that mean the cause is worthless? Does that mean, that because someone used some sneaky tricks in a video about it, that those kids who've had their lives utterly destroyed now don't matter? Using the way an issue is presented as a way of justifying not doing anything about it is lazy and selfish. Awareness and activism is, and always has been, the best way to force leaders into action.

And Sean: Since when do a bunch of Military Commanders, Political Leaders or World Leaders do anything without being pushed by the public to do it?

Sean

Fallen
Premium
Reaction score
I never said it was worthless, Arseface. But it's just propaganda, bro. And it's not going anywhere. There are thousands of guys just like Kony out there. Assad for example. You going to kill them all? You going to protest them all? You think even if you "push" the leaders and commanders that they will care about YOUR opinion? Do you think it's logical and intelligent to spend time and money on putting posters up in cities to make people aware of old issues thousands of miles away when there are homeless and starving people right around the corner in the alley? Because it sure doesn't seem logical to me. And that's exactly what's happening. At least where I am.

Arseface

Premium
Reaction score
You going to kill them all? You going to protest them all?

Protesting about one is better than not protesting at all.

You think even if you "push" the leaders and commanders that they will care about YOUR opinion?

Yes? Works every time, without fail.

Do you think it's logical and intelligent to spend time and money on putting posters up in cities to make people aware of old issues thousands of miles away when there are homeless and starving people right around the corner in the alley? Because it sure doesn't seem logical to me. And that's exactly what's happening. At least where I am.

Then go feed them Sean. Both are worthwhile causes. Not that I'm a fan of your isolationism.

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
pgKG3.jpg

Zjuggernaut

Just plain talented!
Reaction score
Something I found annoying, they kept saying in the video that it will affect the world.. But they didn't explain how. Until it changes the world, I'll be a bystander of it mostly.

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Love it or hate it, either way the KONY 2012 video is getting publicity. Of course, I'm not saying that getting your criticisms across isn't important, but their goal was for politicians to take notice - and let's face it - that's already happened. He's officially famous now.

I watched the video, and fell into the same trap as most. I fully supported it right away, and I may be wrong in my criticisms, but I truly wish I had researched it more before showing my support. I'm all for doing good, humanitarianism is a pretty cool guy, but KONY 2012 has received a lot of criticism and most of it I fully agree with. The logic and reasoning that goes along with these criticisms are hard to argue with. I may again be doing wrong by second guessing by first resolve. Only time will tell if this whole palava has done the world any good or just made a couple of very privileged film makers look very silly.

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Now this might just be me being stupid old me, but I had no idea what the LRA and Kony were before the video was made. Sure it might be a tad bit late, but now I know. And I'm sure lots of other people who didn't know now know.

And knowing is half the battle.

You must also realize that Kony and his band of murdering rapists are just few of many. Many went before them and more are still to come. But maybe, just maybe by drawing international attention to this particular case you just might draw the eyes of the world to Africa in time to stop the next scumbag.

My two cents, do whatever sexual acts you want with them.

Sean

Fallen
Premium
Reaction score
Okay Arseface, this will just be something we disagree on, which is fine.

Maybe I have a biased look from it, because from my stand point, where I live, kids just support this kind of "movement" simply because it got them emotional and it was part of the trend and they wanted to look like they're helping. They want to make themselves feel good. They react similar to other movements which have reached my schools, like Rachel's Challenge.

I also just feel like it's a colossal waste of time. There are thousands of screwed up guys just like Kony who will simply take his place. Look at al Qaeda for example. After we killed Osama Bin Laden everyone went "YAY! BAD GUY DEAD!" Too bad the next in command just took his place and the war never stopped. The Ugandan government itself isn't even good or humane. But hey, if you wanna support this, support it. It will be pretty funny to see how far or where this even goes.

Bottoms up.

Arseface

Premium
Reaction score
Okay Arseface, this will just be something we disagree on, which is fine.

Maybe I have a biased look from it, because from my stand point, where I live, kids just support this kind of "movement" simply because it got them emotional and it was part of the trend and they wanted to look like they're helping. They want to make themselves feel good. They react similar to other movements which have reached my schools, like Rachel's Challenge.

I also just feel like it's a colossal waste of time. There are thousands of screwed up guys just like Kony who will simply take his place. Look at al Qaeda for example. After we killed Osama Bin Laden everyone went "YAY! BAD GUY DEAD!" Too bad the next in command just took his place and the war never stopped. The Ugandan government itself isn't even good or humane. But hey, if you wanna support this, support it. It will be pretty funny to see how far or where this even goes.

Bottoms up.

To sum this up:

"The problem is too big for me to be ****ed doing anything about it, so let's just ignore it"

The fact that you find something like this funny is just sad.

Sean

Fallen
Premium
Reaction score
To sum this up:

"The problem is too big for me to be f***** doing anything about it, so let's just ignore it"

The fact that you find something like this funny is just sad.

That actually doesn't sum up anything I said, Arseface.

It's more like:

Both sides are assholes. The situation is blown to hell. And even if you kill him, another guy will take his place.

But yeah, twist it and spin it whatever way you like, bro.

But I got to ask Arseface, are you putting your money where your mouth is, or are you just another PC liberal guy talking but not doing, saying other people need to do this or that, but you yourself aren't actually doing anything. What have you done for this "movement" you so nobly defend, have you joined your country's military to join in on the "fight for freedom"? Or are you just "supporting" it by liking the videos, sharing them with neighbors and then criticizing me for pointing out the blatant truth, telling me I'm saying "The problem is too big for me to do anything" - what the hell have you done to help or fix it?

Arseface

Premium
Reaction score
That actually doesn't sum up anything I said, Arseface.

It's more like:

Both sides are assholes. The situation is blown to hell. And even if you kill him, another guy will take his place.

But yeah, twist it and spin it whatever way you like, bro.

Dude, that's exactly what you're saying. You just don't like it when I put it that way.

But I got to ask Arseface, are you putting your money where your mouth is, or are you just another PC liberal guy talking but not doing, saying other people need to do this or that, but you yourself aren't actually doing anything. What have you done for this "movement" you so nobly defend, have you joined your country's military to join in on the "fight for freedom"? Or are you just "supporting" it by liking the videos, sharing them with neighbors and then criticizing me for pointing out the blatant truth, telling me I'm saying "The problem is too big for me to do anything" - what the hell have you done to help or fix it?

I've been thinking about which is the best way for me to support this cause, and the many others that I support. Right now, I'm really not doing much. I'm trying to get my own life in order so that I can be in a position to support my causes long term. I'm an armchair activist, and I'm not proud of it. But I plan on changing that in the near future.

But honestly, it's better than what you're doing right now.

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score
All it takes for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing, Sean.

HobbeBrain

It's getting better, man!
Reaction score
FOR F**KS SAKE KONY IS JUST A BLACK GUY YES HE'S DONE BAD THINGS BUT THE DONATIONS ONLY GET LIKE 30% SENT TO CHARITIES AND ONLY A LOW PERCENTAGE OF THAT IS SENT TO THE COUNTRIES/PEOPLE THAT ACTUALLY NEED IT.

YOU HAVE SEEN A VIDEO ABOUT A NASTY MAN

YOU ARE NOT NOW A SOCIAL ACTIVIST

FUCCCKKKK.

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score
Calm down, Beavis.

Sean

Fallen
Premium
Reaction score
I've been thinking about which is the best way for me to support this cause, and the many others that I support. Right now, I'm really not doing much. I'm trying to get my own life in order so that I can be in a position to support my causes long term. I'm an armchair activist, and I'm not proud of it. But I plan on changing that in the near future.

I rest my case.

All it takes for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing, Sean.

Is it safe to assume that you're in the same boat as Arseface, Tsuyu? Say but not do?

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score
It is never safe to assume anything.

TRA Rotid

Päris geenius
Reaction score
Is it safe to assume that you're in the same boat as Arseface, Tsuyu? Say but not do?

So either you have your own achievements to show or you're the kind to neglect everything to free yourself from responsibility. Otherwise I don't think calling someone out on being passive is justified.

Arseface

Premium
Reaction score
I rest my case.

Alright Sean, first of all: If I'm a terrible person, does that make it alright for rebels to kidnap and rape children?

Second of all: All you have is my word on this, but once I have a stable home situation, I fully plan on doing something about this. Donating, protesting, whatever. I've just got a new job, and I'm planning on moving out in a couple of months, and I'm trying to organise that. Once that's all settled, I'll be putting my money where my mouth is. I'm sure as **** doing more than you are right now.

Noctus

Metal Connoisseur
Reaction score
Tsuyu is staying quiet when it comes to making statements because he's standing back and evaluating where he stands, which is a respectable position. At least, I think he is. Or perhaps he's just playing devil's advocate.

I must say though, as far as Sean's points go, I think Sean is just being harsh to any supporters based on seeing a few idiots and that isn't a fair stance to treat everyone with that happens to be passionate about this. The "kill him and another one will take his place" doesn't hold any water. There will always be a mass murderer to take the place of the previous one, it doesn't mean we should do nothing about it. Terrible things happen everywhere, yes, but there's no reason to make Arseface feel bad over not fighting for something on his own doorstep. For all you know, he already does? You're making him out to be one of those short-sighted idiots on YouTube that are blind to the issues around them and sucked into propaganda when he has obviously formulated his stance based on the evidence put in front of him and you can't ask for more than that.

Arseface has read/understood yours and my points, and if he still decides to support this, well, so be it.