• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Mind. Blown.

Tyloric

Illogical Process of Elimination
Reaction score
Also, let's take time to be thankful for our wonderful but unsung Magnetosphere. Without it, violent solar and electromagnetic radiation would bombard our planet and cause many problems to life as we know it (eg: disabling communication satellites, mobile phones, affect sleep patterns, & radiation poisoning of everything).

Gooooo Magnet Power!

I, too, am a fan of opposing forces combating each other.

Take that as you will.
It's not shrinking. It's actually expanding pretty damn quickly. But they think it might start shrinking eventually. Either that, or it will keep expanding until it reaches maximum entropy, and nothing can happen. Or it might just keep expanding. Or the simulation might end and we all go back to our real bodies.

But then when you're talking about something as complex as the the nature or the fate of the universe, then all you can really say is that we don't have enough data.

Then Through the Wormhole lied to me. Damn you, Morgan Freeman!

D3m190d

Your Future Emperor
Reaction score
Oh, right. To simulate the fusion process that the sun performs all the time, scientists use the Tokamak. This is still under progress, and it's efficiency is by far not what it should become: Get 10 times the energy you put in. However, it is hard to create the sun's process on Earth, because we don't have the massive pressure like on the Sun, but we need high pressure and high temperature to fuse the H2 atoms. So what then? Just raise the heat (to much higher than that of the sun) to greater than 100 million Kelvin (or Celsius).

(And for those silly Americans, that often refuse the SI-system, it should be about 180000032 degrees Fahrenheit.)

HobbeBrain

It's getting better, man!
Reaction score
My dick is really huge.

Another mind blowing scientific fact.

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score
My dick is really huge.

Another mind blowing scientific fact.

Since that's just you believing so, that's more of a religious fact.

Demigod: A fusion reaction requires over 100 million degrees Celsius. Biggest problem with developing fusion reactors is finding a material that can actually withstand that to build the reactor out of.

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score
Lets hope they don't try to put that kind of power in a weapon.

SimonKalevra

Reaction score
Mermaids!
We prefer the term "Mermen" actually.
Oh, and not very epic, but still funny: If there was a sea large enough, the entire planet of Saturn could float in it, much like a random ball in water...
Haha, what?
That's like saying:
If there was a bedroom large enough, the entire sun could be a lamp shining in it, like a random... lamp

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score
i say GODDAMN
there's this stuff called anti-matter which is like a regular atom inside out. sounds like some harry potter bull****, right? WELL IT'S NOT and guess what? we've BUILT it. that's right.
people.
in labs.
built INSIDE OUT ATOMS.

wanna know what's so crazy about these little guys? if they touch the element that they are the opposite of, they cancel each other out and EXPLODE. still think this **** isn't off the hook? check this **** out: one anti-matter atom colliding with it's counterpart creates an explosion twice the size of an atom bomb.
that's right.
not ONE atom bomb
TWO ATOM BOMBS
SERIOUS **** GUYS
SERIOUS ****

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score

Haha, what?
That's like saying:
If there was a bedroom large enough, the entire sun could be a lamp shining in it, like a random... lamp

No it isn't, what makes Demigod's quote impressive is that an entire planet can float in water.

Everyone already knows the Sun emits light.

Skotekal

Sheeple President
Premium
Reaction score

Haha, what?
That's like saying:

Erm... He was getting at the fact that even though it is so large, it's density would still allow it to float on water.

EDIT: Oh, I missed droded's post. Damn it.

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score
i say GODDAMN
there's this stuff called anti-matter which is like a regular atom inside out. sounds like some harry potter bull****, right? WELL IT'S NOT and guess what? we've BUILT it. that's right.
people.
in labs.
built INSIDE OUT ATOMS.

wanna know what's so crazy about these little guys? if they touch the element that they are the opposite of, they cancel each other out and EXPLODE. still think this **** isn't off the hook? check this **** out: one anti-matter atom colliding with it's counterpart creates an explosion twice the size of an atom bomb.
that's right.
not ONE atom bomb
TWO ATOM BOMBS
SERIOUS **** GUYS
SERIOUS ****

They're not really inside out, it's just that all the component parts have an equal and opposite charge. So a hydrogen atom which consists of one positively charged proton and one negatively charged electron has an anti particle which consists of one negatively charged proton (anti-proton) and one positively charged electron (positron).

And that collision stuff is wrong. All the anti matter that's ever been made in the LHC has been annihilated within the space of a few seconds.

SimonKalevra

Reaction score
No it isn't, what makes Demigod's quote impressive is that an entire planet can float in water.

Everyone already knows the Sun emits light.
Erm... He was getting at the fact that even though it is so large, it's density would still allow it to float on water.

EDIT: Oh, I missed droded's post. Damn it.
Yeah, I know.

Maybe I wasn't being clear enough:

It's like saying water is wet.

HobbeBrain

Reaction score
Yeah, I know.

Maybe I wasn't being clear enough:

It's like saying water is wet.

...not really? Unless you already knew that Saturn, despite it's hugeness, could still float in an ordianary bath it's pretty amazing.

ScareCrowReturn

The Token Schizo
Premium
Reaction score
I just tried reading all those conversations going on, and holy sh*t, Thats insane stuff. I cant even.. Like woah.. dude.. Hahaha.

Isn't black space or somesh*t whatever its called, is like a hollogram? to do with light and all that shindig..

D3m190d

Your Future Emperor
Reaction score
Since that's just you believing so, that's more of a religious fact.

Demigod: A fusion reaction requires over 100 million degrees Celsius. Biggest problem with developing fusion reactors is finding a material that can actually withstand that to build the reactor out of.
Kelvin, Celsius... The steps in each degree is the same, they just differ 273,15 all the time. I was going to say Celsius, but then I said Kelvin. Who cares? :p
And a the tokamak needs 100 million degrees on Earth, because, as I said we lack the massive pressure that the Sun has. But we already have a solution, since it's been done before... The superheated plasma is kept floating around in the reactor, using magnets. Then they shoot Deuterium at it, and do stuff with Tritium, and voila, gain energy. It's efficiency is still not to our advantage, though.
Oh well, the supposed-to-be mind boggling part was where it uses a temperature WAY hotter than the Sun. I failed? =| Oh well...

And yeah, Saturn is pretty huge, but it's density is so low IT CAN FLOAT ON FRIGGIN WATER. But I already admitted, it may not be that epic. SimonKalevra thinks so. The majority thinks otherwise. I WIN.

Gamma Ray Bursts... I didn't want to look up the numbers, to reveal it's awesomeness, but it IS awesome.

SimonKalevra

Reaction score
And yeah, Saturn is pretty huge, but it's density is so low IT CAN FLOAT ON FRIGGIN WATER. But I already admitted, it may not be that epic. SimonKalevra thinks so. The majority thinks otherwise. I WIN..
I've been told this since I was a kid. I do think it's amazing. I also think sex is amazing. Problem is, doing the same stuff over and over gets very boring. Being told the same things over and over again also gets boring,
I just assumed everyone already knew this. I am sorry.

HobbeBrain

Reaction score
I've been told this since I was a kid. I do think it's amazing. I also think sex is amazing. Problem is, doing the same stuff over and over gets very boring. Being told the same things over and over again also gets boring,
I just assumed everyone already knew this. I am sorry.

Clean my room. Then you shall be forgiven.

Drew2686

Nap time is before pants time.
Reaction score
The radius of a black hole measured in kilometers equals three times the number of solar masses of material in the black hole. One solar mass is the mass (amount of matter) of the sun.

Another mind-popper: 10 to the 23rd meters away from earth make entire galaxies look as small as the period at the end of this sentence .

x_x

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score
the material that makes up a neutron star is so dense that a chunk of it the size of a baseball would fall through your hand and down to the center of the earth. might even pop out the other side, i dunno.

if all of the empty space were removed between the atoms and molecules in a sky scraper, it would be reduced to the size of a grain of rice and way the same. (several thousand tons)

HobbeBrain

Reaction score
If all the stars in the universe suddenly turned into peas, they would overflow an area the size of 10 stadiums.