• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Mind. Blown.

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score
Photons can be in two places at the same time.

At the same time.

Arseface

Premium
Reaction score
Yup. It's all to do with quantum mechanics. They shot a single photon through a slit, and they noticed that it still acted as though it was being interfered with by other photons. The conclusion was that the photon was interfering with itself, and to do that it had to be in several different places at the same time.

If you have time, I recommend the documentary How Long is a Piece of String. It goes through all that.

Reaction score
Remarkable stuff, funny how I was never really into physics at school but now I can't get enough when it comes to documentaries about them. I think for Me learning about science is more of a hobby than an academic thing, I seem to find the documentaries much easier to understand than I ever did teachers :lol:.

Arseface

Premium
Reaction score
I really understand what you mean. I would never have been able to do physics in high school, what with having to learn all the maths, etc, but I still love learning about it.

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score
41816_102650986445928_4636_n.jpg

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
Well, in just one sentence: ''Electric currents or more generally, moving electric charges create magnetic fields.'' -Wikipedia

I thought everyone knew that. :p

Not ICP or BrokenCYDE :3

TRA Rotid

Päris geenius
Reaction score
And remember kids, you can all become Black Holes one day. You just need to figure out how to squeeze yourself into the size of an atom.

Arseface

Premium
Reaction score
But Black Holes evaporate.

Skotekal

Sheeple President
Premium
Reaction score
WAT

ARSEFACE ASPLAIN SIR

Arseface

Premium
Reaction score
Well, they used to think that Black Holes didn't let anything escape, and therefore would exist infinitely. But Stephen Hawking discovered that they "evaporate" because of Hawking Radiation. You see, virtual pairs of particles are being created all over the universe, one with a positive mass, and one with a negative mass. They usually annihilate on each other before they have a chance to do anything, but for the ones being created on the edge of the event horizon of a black hole, they don't. The gravity is so strong there that the particle with negative mass gets sucked in, reducing the black hole's mass, whilst the positive mass particle escapes. Eventually the mass will get so low that it will esplode.

D3m190d

Your Future Emperor
Reaction score
Well, they used to think that Black Holes didn't let anything escape, and therefore would exist infinitely. But Stephen Hawking discovered that they "evaporate" because of Hawking Radiation. You see, virtual pairs of particles are being created all over the universe, one with a positive mass, and one with a negative mass. They usually annihilate on each other before they have a chance to do anything, but for the ones being created on the edge of the event horizon of a black hole, they don't. The gravity is so strong there that the particle with negative mass gets sucked in, reducing the black hole's mass, whilst the positive mass particle escapes. Eventually the mass will get so low that it will esplode.
Confirmed.

Skotekal

Sheeple President
Premium
Reaction score
Well, that is some hardcore stuff right thar.

Tyloric

Illogical Process of Elimination
Reaction score
I believe this is the best thread we have ever made.

Ever.

Drew2686

Nap time is before pants time.
Reaction score
I once had a thought:

What if your lifetime is simply the dream of someone/thing? So they go to sleep, dream your entire life story, then you die as they wake up for their next day. Weird.

And now back to your regularly scheduled solar fact: The sun releases so much energy that, every second, the core releases the equivalent of 100 billion nuclear bombs.

Das alotta boom!

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score
the moon is not made of cheese.
it is made of cheez.

mind.jpg