• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Modern Warfare 3

Sean

Fallen
Premium
Reaction score
It's out. I rented it. Already beat it on Veteran. Fun. Friendly AI are useless and suck as always, but enemy AI on veteran are actually not tuned-up to DEMI-GOD status like in past Call of Duty Veteran levels where they automatically shoot you down with aimbot or throw infinite grenades when you hide behind cover. Actually decent enemy AI but friendly AI still sucked. Good game. Action packed, like a Michael Bay film. Some little girl dies when a chemical bomb truck explodes right next to her killing her and her family.

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Friendly AI is a quirky thing. You can't make it too good or it will just "kill steal" from the player, plus you want the player to be the hero that makes things happen (or makes things dead).

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score
Star Wars: Republic Commando has the best friendly AI ever. Not too good, but good enough to help you out when you get backed into a corner. And you can command them to do certain things.

Oh, yea, I don't play Call of Duty.

Skotekal

Sheeple President
Premium
Reaction score
Star Wars: Republic Commando has the best friendly AI ever. Not too good, but good enough to help you out when you get backed into a corner. And you can command them to do certain things.

Oh, yea, I don't play Call of Duty.

You ain't missin' too much. Aside from prepubescent kids being obnoxious.

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score
Really, the fine art of programming friendly AI doesn't involve making smart and clever AI (that's reserved for the enemy AI) but masking the fact that the friendly AI is intentionally incompetent.

Like Gears of War; they don't kill much at all, but they do come and get you when you're downed.

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score
You ain't missin' too much. Aside from prepubescent kids being obnoxious.

Oh yea, I'm well aware of that. :lol:

Like Gears of War; they don't kill much at all, but they do come and get you when you're downed.

Your squad mates in Republic Commando do that too, but you can also tell them to finish off nearby enemies before reviving you.

Lorelai

Reaction score
I'm sure I'll play the new COD with my friend soon, but we usually just play online. I was terrible at the last Modern Warfare one, I hate the whole lightweight, marathon, commando BS. I am better at black ops.

Lorelai

Reaction score
Anyone know if the online is split screen like in black ops??

Azer249

Reaction score
I wont play it for a number of reasons.

1) Its to expensive for an expansion pack.
2) Little kids screaming.
3) Already online is overun by people sniping instead of using machine guns.
4) Unless you snipe, your considered to be a noob.
5) Skyrim.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
My main 4 reasons are:

1. Skyrim
  2. Battlefield 3
  3. Batman Arkham City
  4. Lack to time to juggle them all

Sean

Fallen
Premium
Reaction score
I'm definitely a Call of Duty fan, been playing since the first came out. But I only spent $2 to rent this and beat it in a day. I'm not really into Call of Duty or gaming in general so much anymore. Online just kind of got annoying. It's more quantity than quality. More stuff, more graphics (I didn't say they were new or improved just more), more storyline, more perks, but the quality is still absent. In my opinion the best Call of Duty games were Call of Duty (PC), Call of Duty 2, Call of Duty 4 and World at War. All others pretty much suck. I don't feel like dealing with the stupidity and couch warrior competitiveness of people on Call of Duty, just wanted to play the campaign and a little MP before I returned it. I do try and steady a good KD in each Call of Duty however.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Im the same pretty much, I was an avid Call Of Duty player since the start and my favourites were Call of Duty, Call of Duty 2 & Call of Duty 4. Didnt mind the single player campaign for World at World and Black Ops but couldnt get into the online and last one I played online properly was Modern Warfare, played MW2 online but nowhere near as much. Played World at World online for about an hour and Black Ops for about 30mins and something just didnt feel right so sold them once campaign was done. I prefer Battlefield series online to be honest and been a fan of that since the start too.

Sean

Fallen
Premium
Reaction score
Im the same pretty much, I was an avid Call Of Duty player since the start and my favourites were Call of Duty, Call of Duty 2 & Call of Duty 4. Didnt mind the single player campaign for World at World and Black Ops but couldnt get into the online and last one I played online properly was Modern Warfare, played MW2 online but nowhere near as much. Played World at World online for about an hour and Black Ops for about 30mins and something just didnt feel right so sold them once campaign was done. I prefer Battlefield series online to be honest and been a fan of that since the start too.

Yeah I guess I shouldn't say the others sucked, I do enjoy the campaigns of pretty much every Call of Duty, but other than 1,2,4,5 I didn't really like online as much. I'll probably always like the campaigns. I do like Battlefield online though! I played it a little for Bad Company but really started getting into the online with Battlefield 1943, Bad Company 2 and Battlefield 3. It just seems more realistic, team-oriented, not so competitive gaming. Call of Duty really requires no skill or tactics now, just simply run around and shoot people with the names xI CoD GoD Ix MLG or ii sp3LL n4m3z liek iM 1n 3rD gr4yDe.

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Modern Warfare 3 = Modern Warfare 2.5

It's nothing special, as I kind of expected. The people look like they've been crafted using an engine from 2005. They've shafted PC gamers with no Elite or even any news as to when Elite will arrive and even then it'll be inferior due to reduced functionality. Serious lack of true innovation for the sake of making money.

BF3 wins this one, imo.

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score
Played it briefly with my roommate. He went out and bought it at midnight and has been playing it in his room pretty much ever since. Didn't think it was anything special, couldn't tell the difference between it and any other modern warfare game. Hell, I wouldn't be able to tell the difference between Modern Warfare and World at War if they didn't make the guns look like they were used 60-70 years apart.

Yes I realize that they are made by two different companies. I'm commenting on realistic shooters in general here.

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score
Played it briefly with my roommate. He went out and bought it at midnight and has been playing it in his room pretty much ever since. Didn't think it was anything special, couldn't tell the difference between it and any other modern warfare game. Hell, I wouldn't be able to tell the difference between Modern Warfare and World at War if they didn't make the guns look like they were used 60-70 years apart.

Yes I realize that they are made by two different companies. I'm commenting on realistic shooters in general here.

I couldn't agree more with this. That's the main reason I don't usually play shooters in general. They just all seem the same to me.

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score
I miss Medal of Honour. What happened to that franchise...?

Sean

Fallen
Premium
Reaction score
Their latest game was Medal of Honor and that came out in 2010. Other than that there's not much talk into that. I remember the good days of Frontline, Rising Sun and Allied Assault.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Allied Assault was great on PC, as Sean said they sort of did a reboot in 2010 and it sold ok. Franchise is currently on hold with no new title announced but EA have said they are still interested in the franchise.