• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

My religious choice, your options.

ScareCrowReturn

The Token Schizo
Premium
Reaction score
Re: My religious choice, your options.

^ Ooo Family guy one aye, Havent seen that one!

Just a question.. Why do you have to be religious anyway? Why Don't you just NOT be Religious? im Not, Im doing fine.. I think.. Haha.

If most of your area are Religious people then you'll be the Token Non-believer! EVEN BETTER! And do whatever the **** you want! Even though most Religious people do what they want anyway.. Pricks.

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score

^Technichaly the term for what I am is Apathetic agnosticism (also called Pragmatic Agnosticism)—the view that there is no proof of either the existence or nonexistence of God or gods, but since any God or gods that may exist appear unconcerned for the universe or the welfare of its inhabitants, the question is largely academic anyway.

I don't know, call me weak but I can't wrap myself around the idea that there is no god yet there are ghosts and crap... There is the existence of spirits obviously, but no proof of a god...

ScareCrowReturn

The Token Schizo
Premium
Reaction score

An Apthetic Agnosticism.. Why Do they give bloody names for people.. ARGH! I just hate the Stupid Labelling ability that they make.. As you can see I don't like to be Labelled, I bet they have some Bull**** scientific term for what I believe aswell.

If i met God, I wouldnt believe in him. Just because hes real doesn't mean I have to believe in him..

redfable

One with the force
Reaction score

Firis;291757 said:
^Technichaly the term for what I am is Apathetic agnosticism (also called Pragmatic Agnosticism)—the view that there is no proof of either the existence or nonexistence of God or gods, but since any God or gods that may exist appear unconcerned for the universe or the welfare of its inhabitants, the question is largely academic anyway.

I don't know, call me weak but I can't wrap myself around the idea that there is no god yet there are ghosts and crap... There is the existence of spirits obviously, but no proof of a god...

Well if there are spirits and ghost than that in itself alludes to the existence of god or a least some semi-sentient super natural force that surrounds those spirits and ghost.

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score

^Where did you learn that? Thats my point, there has to be, but there is no proof, and since lately hes letting things run its course assuming hes there, the matter is trivial and irrelevent... Ima go with Agnostic in public and Satanist in church, since they are both what I am really.

ScareCrowReturn

The Token Schizo
Premium
Reaction score

^ There doesn't have to be Anything. There might not even be a God, There might not be Spirits/Ghosts, There might not be other life form, Maybe our life will just going and going and never find the answers and In the end we will destroy ourselves because of this..

redfable

One with the force
Reaction score

ScareCrowReturn;291821 said:
^ There doesn't have to be Anything. There might not even be a God, There might not be Spirits/Ghosts, There might not be other life form, Maybe our life will just going and going and never find the answers and In the end we will destroy ourselves because of this..

Well every one is entitled to their own opinion; however, I would feel hollow if I didn't believe in God. To me my faith in a God brings a sense of peace in the midst of chaos. I have to say that many times in my life believing in God has returned my purpose to me when I felt that all had failed. So regardless of what people think I owe much to God or what some would call the idea of God. Besides thats purpose of not seeing is so to believe without proof or basically faith.
You can not refute the fact that the universe is run by a powerful force. Science has shown us this, electrons, protons, neutrons, etc. In ancient times no one knew of such things and would not have believed in such things, and yet with today's technology we know those things exist. So just because you don't have proof doesn't mean something isn't there.

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score

But if some powerful entity created the Universe - why would it care about puny humans like you and me? I don't buy this "God's chosen people"-thing.

We humans think we're more of a big deal than we are, in the grand scheme of things. The earth is just one blue orb amongst countless others.

redfable

One with the force
Reaction score

^Humans themselves are small specks in the universe ,and our existence seems to stand insignificant compared to everything else;however, God is greater than the created universe being its creator. Man kinds existence was not an accident in my opinion, so our existence holds value even amongst the cosmos. We are different because we are living and produce greater thought; it could be said that men have souls. Souls created by a god and in that god's infinite power remembers all things that have been born from its (no gender) hand, including humans. In faith we as men are not the center of the universe, but we revolve around the life of the universe and the god that willed it.
We would be like children, small yet loved because of their lives and not their grandness in essence.

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score

But what about life on other planets? To think that we are alone in the universe, considering how endless it is, is quite foolish.

I don't know. I still think we humans think we're of greater importance than we are, a belief stemming back from when we thought the universe itself revolved around the Earth.

ScareCrowReturn

The Token Schizo
Premium
Reaction score

redfable;291929 said:
Well every one is entitled to their own opinion; however, I would feel hollow if I didn't believe in God. To me my faith in a God brings a sense of peace in the midst of chaos. I have to say that many times in my life believing in God has returned my purpose to me when I felt that all had failed. So regardless of what people think I owe much to God or what some would call the idea of God. Besides thats purpose of not seeing is so to believe without proof or basically faith.
You can not refute the fact that the universe is run by a powerful force. Science has shown us this, electrons, protons, neutrons, etc. In ancient times no one knew of such things and would not have believed in such things, and yet with today's technology we know those things exist. So just because you don't have proof doesn't mean something isn't there.

How did God Help you? What Did he do? Why can't Humans take Credit for it, For them doing it? WHy can't they realise that they have the Power to do and act on their own behalf? If there is a God I THINK that he'd not want us to Put so much of our Hopes and Beliefs into him/her I'd think that he'her would Liket o believe in ourselfs more, For us to take control of our life.

God to me, Is just a reason to do, a reason to take that extra step, But its you that is doing it, It was your choice.

So i think that God is just an excusefor our acts that we like/dislike.

We need to take more responisiblity for what we do. Even if its good or bad.

That was what I think, my Opinion.

Trawgdor

Rawkin'
Reaction score

ScareCrowReturn;292016 said:
How did God Help you? What Did he do? Why can't Humans take Credit for it, For them doing it? WHy can't they realise that they have the Power to do and act on their own behalf? If there is a God I THINK that he'd not want us to Put so much of our Hopes and Beliefs into him/her I'd think that he'her would Liket o believe in ourselfs more, For us to take control of our life.

God to me, Is just a reason to do, a reason to take that extra step, But its you that is doing it, It was your choice.

So i think that God is just an excusefor our acts that we like/dislike.

We need to take more responisiblity for what we do. Even if its good or bad.

That was what I think, my Opinion.

You couldn't have said that more beautifully.
:'(
I think God was just an invention to keep people in line.
Again, Tsuyu provided me with these excellent views on religion and stuff.
I'm converting to Laveyan Satanism when my sister comes over, right before summer. ^_^

ScareCrowReturn

The Token Schizo
Premium
Reaction score

But.

If Religion brings Peace, makes people Happy, Brings people together all that Clich'e stuff. then. Religion is good. Vut when it controls the mind of the Weak and makes them do things that they wouldn't want to do, then its Just a no no.

I know, this si going to sound very dumb to you guys and very weird and you'll automatically go.. WHAT THE HECK!? Especially Christian people. But.. I am my Own God. I didn't create the world Obviously. But I Believe in myself far more then most people. "God" is just a word to give it, I can't really explain it. Maybe Gods not the best word. But thats How i feel.

And You cannot change it, Because I love it. I love the feeling of Not Knowing.

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score

You're my god, too. Scarecrow. As am I. As is every other human being on earth.

That's the point of Satanism.

ScareCrowReturn

The Token Schizo
Premium
Reaction score

^ Is it? I never really Read about Satanism..

Is Satanism to do with everyones equal, sorta thing?

By any chance does it have ANYTHING to do with Satan? Always wanted to ask that. Haha!

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score

"Equal" in the sense that you are what you make of yourself, regardless of race or sex. A poor dirt farmer in Africa, who slaves away all day just to feed himself, is worthy of a lot more respect than a middle-classed white slob who does nothing but live of wellfare, for example. Actually, that sort of people is despised in Satanism.

The core belief of Satanism is that us humans are nothing else than animals, and things that is considered sinful, like gluttony and adultery, is just part of our primal urges and shouldn't be despised and repressed, but indulged and reveled in.

It is somewhat related to Satan - but not in the sense of a pitchfork-wielding devil.

Trawgdor

Rawkin'
Reaction score

Hey, Tsuyu, how did your parents react after you told them you were satanist?
Then I have to multiply that by 10 to see how mine would react.

ScareCrowReturn

The Token Schizo
Premium
Reaction score

Tsuyu;292021 said:
"Equal" in the sense that you are what you make of yourself, regardless of race or sex. A poor dirt farmer in Africa, who slaves away all day just to feed himself, is worthy of a lot more respect than a middle-classed white slob who does nothing but live of wellfare, for example. Actually, that sort of people is despised in Satanism.

The core belief of Satanism is that us humans are nothing else than animals, and things that is considered sinful, like gluttony and adultery, is just part of our primal urges and shouldn't be despised and repressed, but indulged and reveled in.

It is somewhat related to Satan - but not in the sense of a pitchfork-wielding devil.

The Reasons we have wars, and Kill Animals goes back to The old old old ages, it goes back to Tribals. Back to our Tribes and how we are.

Thats what I think, In a way.

Yeah Satanism is good, Theres deffinetly parts of that which are the same to me. But I do not go under the label of a Satanist. or whatever..

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score

I just wanted to post this, its off topic but I dont want to make a new thread... In December im gonna be a big brother :'(

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score

lovez 2 pwn;292023 said:
Hey, Tsuyu, how did your parents react after you told them you were satanist?
Then I have to multiply that by 10 to see how mine would react.

My parents, or my family as a whole, have never been a super religious people. As soon as I had explained how it is not devil worship, they didn't think much of it.