• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Psp or Ipod?

HeroOfTheBalverines

Hero Of Darkwood
Reaction score
Psp or Ipod?

Im looking to buy on of these, psp or ipod sense I already have a ds, will you help me decide. Im leaning towards psp since I can listen to music and play games on it

Cain

Reaction score
Re: Psp or Ipod?

Psp. Has what an ipod has except for apps, but they are more for sensless fun and you can get more out of what the PSP has.

Noctus

Metal Connoisseur
Reaction score

Get a PSP.

Man

The Superior Being
Reaction score

ipod. the games out for psp arent really all that. or you COULD get the Xbox Mobile

TheSouthernRiverPhoenix

noob since 10/1/09
Reaction score

Man;344305 said:
ipod. the games out for psp arent really all that. or you COULD get the Xbox Mobile

i did not know until now the xbox mobile existed...ya but i'd suggest ipod...psp just isnt as big as it used to be...not NOTORIOUSLY B.I.G. atleast

TheJJMax

The Ultimate Noob
Reaction score

Man;344305 said:
Could you elaborate on that subject?

Anyway, it depends on what ipod we're talking about. I'm assuming it's an iPod Touch, so I'd go with that for the senseless apps :lol:

TheSouthernRiverPhoenix

noob since 10/1/09
Reaction score

Pirate X;344346 said:
Could you elaborate on that subject?

Anyway, it depends on what ipod we're talking about. I'm assuming it's an iPod Touch, so I'd go with that for the senseless apps :lol:

senseless apps?!?!? my iphones apps are more than senseless...theyre COMPLETELY senseless

Skotekal

Sheeple President
Premium
Reaction score

Well, it is hard to say. I've used both, and they are both great things. But, if you aren't willing to jailbreak your iPod, then it is pretty much evened out. The appstore has a boner for control over what kind of apps are released, and won't allow anything interesting. Just mainly games and random tools.

And just as a side note, shame on anyone who jailbreaks an iPod JUST for free apps.

TheJJMax

The Ultimate Noob
Reaction score

TheSouthernRiverPhoenix;344349 said:
senseless apps?!?!? my iphones apps are more than senseless...theyre COMPLETELY senseless
But that's why they're cool.

Rad

Old Name: Zencidal
Premium
Reaction score

Get a PSP, Apparently sony is smart now and learned how to make games that support wifi play on a Wifi machine. Finally... Since this holiday 4 Psp games will be out in japan, which are the first 4 to use the psp's Wifi to play online. =o

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score

PSP. You get games (but that's not important), Wifi internet, videos, music, programs etc.

Don't tell anyone I told you this, but if you manage to put a custom firmware on it (I'm pro at this btw), you can do pretty much anything with it. There are heaps of homebrew apps to use.

So it's basically got everything an iPod's got, plus more.

Skotekal

Sheeple President
Premium
Reaction score

^The same thing with an iPod. :lol: All jailbreaking is editing the firmware to allow 3rd party apps. Such as why I said they are even.

But the touch screen is easier to navigate. Unless you are an idiot like me and crack it. :getlost:

lAnd as a side note, senseless apps are boring after 5 minutes. I only have a few useful ones at the moment. Like Colbert's "The Word". That keeps me entertained. :lol: And they recently released Rockband in the appstore. Which is really lame compared to the console versions, but still pretty fun to play so you don't have to get Tap Tap Revolution. Which has freakin' garbage like techno.

Ah damnit, got side tracked. Sorry. :lol:

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score

Skotekal;344456 said:
^The same thing with an iPod. :lol: All jailbreaking is editing the firmware to allow 3rd party apps. Such as why I said they are even.

But the touch screen is easier to navigate. Unless you are an idiot like me and crack it. :getlost:

lAnd as a side note, senseless apps are boring after 5 minutes. I only have a few useful ones at the moment. Like Colbert's "The Word". That keeps me entertained. :lol: And they recently released Rockband in the appstore. Which is really lame compared to the console versions, but still pretty fun to play so you don't have to get Tap Tap Revolution. Which has freakin' garbage like techno.

Ah damnit, got side tracked. Sorry. :lol:

Yeah, TBH I really don't know much about the iPod. I know the PSP can do (through experience), emulators (Snes GBA, Genesis/Megadrive, Amiga, and Dos) aswell.

My thinking is that it's pretty pointless getting an iTouch. Just get an iPhone and have all your stuff in one place.

Psychosis

Reaction score

Those new iPods are really annoying me. What is the point in having games on an iPod? I thought iPods were MUSIC devices. A gadget for listening to your favourite tracks on. Not some little games machine to compete with the far superior and more diverse Playstation PSP and Nintendo DS. I don't understand why they felt a need to make a new iPod with gaming capabilities. Surely if someone wants to play handheld games they'll buy a proper handheld console. And if they want to listen to music on the go or privately, they'll buy an MP3 / MP4 player. iPods are a joke in my opinion.

Skotekal

Sheeple President
Premium
Reaction score

Yes, iPod touches are a joke because they are making Apple MILLIONS of dollars. Most of the games only cost about 5-10 bucks, and it is not just games. You can get apps for helping you learn different languages, finding different stores, there is an app for ordering from Pizza Hut on your iPod/iPhone, and you can just buy them right there ON the iPod/iPhone.

@Arseface - Pretty much the only thing the iPod touch has on the PSP is the touchscreen and it is smaller. Everything else is pretty evened out. Once jailbroken we can get all those emulators, except some asses decided to take the old ones and make them compatible with the newest firmware, and charge 5 bucks for them.

But, when it comes down to it, it is more of a question of "Will you want a gaming machine, or a randomly assorted everything-you-don't-need machine?" Of course the PSP has better graphics and all. And iTouches allow you to sit on your ass and get the game there. But the have much less to offer on the graphics side.

I still want a PSP. :( Does anyone know how much the cost in the land of Kanadia?

Steve

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Name
Steve

I'd probably go for one of those fancy new iPod Nanos, personally.

Skotekal

Sheeple President
Premium
Reaction score

If you are just into music, then yeah. The new ones have cameras now? If so, that is damn cool.