• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Reavers Role in Fable III

Status
Not open for further replies.

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score
Reavers Role in Fable III

It's theory time! :lol:
Since Reavers been confirmed to be in Fable III, I have a very strong feeling that at one point or another you will have the option to take his life.
I also believe that in doing so, you will take posession of his gun (which is confirmed legendary, dragon stomper isn't it...?)

just something that i thought of and felt like sharing.
thoughts?

Aions

Cant dance.
Reaction score
Re: Reavers Role in Fable III

its guuna be hard to kill stephen fry :(
but if i get his gun...:shifty:

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score

Well, obviously, with Reaver comes the Shadow Court. When I think of Reaver's future beyond Fable 2, I think of him being consumed by the Shadow Court after finally being unable to provide another sacrifice. Now, while that would be a luscious and delicious end for Reaver, I would much rather kill him myself. I don't think that's how it will end up playing out, though.

hobbes_pwn

Man's Best Friend...Hobbe
Reaction score

It would be cool if the dragon stomper, was then taken by the Shadow Court, and is modded. Unfortunately it is unlikely, since you tend to shape your weapon

Dracelix

Paladin
Reaction score

my guess if that reaver could possibly bring, or lose followers towards being king.

i think it probably will involve the shadow court and possibly the reasons/creation of the shadow court.
since they are just primal/first/lieutenants shadows. it could be possible that killing these shadows could remove the curse and free reaver of his immortality, or kill him along with it.
that could be a good decision, and a bad decision could perhaps be sacrificing a quarter of your followers to the court to gain reavers aid and trust.

stephen fry is awesome, and he best portrayed a characters personally (along with zoe) and live a liking to the character.
i wouldn't like to kill him, but as a morally good choice, then i probably wood.
he would make a great boss, like a pirate ship battle

Jasontated

Hail Satan dark lord & master.
Reaction score

^I love this guy!

Dracelix

Paladin
Reaction score

hehe. thanks,
anyway, i wonder what 50 years of living in samarkand has done to reaver, perhaps abit more sexual, a tan?, shorter/longer hair, maybe even a deeper voice and better/worser skills.

also, i would expect 50 years would make his weapon quite redundant.

Mr. Jacob

Reaction score

I would love to kill reaver plain and simple. I hate him and dont care how many followers i lose or gain. Who doesnt agree? =D

Lady

Queen
Reaction score

^
I do not agree, "Dearest" Mr. Jacob, in fact, I think I would rather kill all the Whores of Bloodstone for keeping him from eligibility in the first place : Those Fluzies!

Back on topic, of course. Reaver is like a Dark Knight in Deviously & Devilishly Delightful Armor (facade) waiting for something to shoot or ravish. Yes, he is a bad man. But, if you're open-minded or an easily misguided (or even equally devious) individual, I believe the choice is more so guided towards the benefit. If the player has the choice to court Reaver, this will appeal to some people. If the player gets to hire him to follow the player around in exchange for sacrifices or what-nots, this will appeal to some people. For everyone else, the killing blow is reward enough. Personally, I'll die happy if either of the former choices are eligible for the picking.

Edit:
^
As Directed to Dracelix:

Give a man with good aim a Slingshot, and you have a mass-murdering weapon. Just because there are newly invented guns does not make their predecessors any less dangerous. Its all in the hands. ;- )

Mr. Jacob

Reaction score

See, Reaver isn't really the person on my Fable Hit-List that takes first(mhmhmhHammer cough cough) but his personality ios just the one thing that ticks me off the most about i know living for how ever long he has lived for could make him grumpy but he just needs to be diffrent???

Lady

Queen
Reaction score

Oh, but Mr. Jacob, making Reaver any different would be stripping him of his fan-girl or (in regard to the male kingdom, which I often avoid in its over-the-top complexities) fan-guy awarding charms. In his return, I doubt any other "changes" that might be noted would be an even bigger dogmatic egotism and a few new "betrayal" plans - exotic places are often a great source of inspiration!

Ps. Yes, Hammer must perish! Do you think Avo looks unkindly to the sacrifice of other Heroes? Well, time to do a few extra good deeds to make up for it! <3

Zjuggernaut

Just plain talented!
Reaction score

I'd pop a cap in dat mofos ass. Although, I do like him. I'd just play through it twice. Kill and Spare. See how it turns out.

Skotekal

Sheeple President
Premium
Reaction score

I'd kill him. I just don't like him.

WanderingWizard

Reaction score

Somehow I doubt the choice will be so black and white (no pun intended).

Mr. Jacob

Reaction score

Oh, but Mr. Jacob, making Reaver any different would be stripping him of his fan-girl or (in regard to the male kingdom, which I often avoid in its over-the-top complexities) fan-guy awarding charms. In his return, I doubt any other "changes" that might be noted would be an even bigger dogmatic egotism and a few new "betrayal" plans - exotic places are often a great source of inspiration!

Ps. Yes, Hammer must perish! Do you think Avo looks unkindly to the sacrifice of other Heroes? Well, time to do a few extra good deeds to make up for it! <3
Ok, I totally understand what your point is (especially with hammer). Its just that hes just so snobby i hope that when we see him he is mellowed down or even poor and he asks us for help and something along the lines of that. ( just a theory cant get my hopes to high though)

Evan

Maestro
Reaction score

im sure he'll probably return in need of our help. maybe hes poor and no one cares bout him and so he cant get anymore sacrifices for the shadows and needs us to help him defeat them. he'll probably try to use that situation to double-cross us again to try to take the throne or maybe we will defeat the shadows and he will accept the fact that he will now eventually die. then he leaves

Mr. Jacob

Reaction score

Thats one way to look at it. But i hope he asks us to do something for the shadows to get out of his little curse but then you kill him.

Fenrir

Resident Profanitarian
Reaction score

I would enjoy feeding him to the shadows and watching him rapidly age into a 200 year old skeleton.

Dimitri Chaplain

The Headhunter
Reaction score

I am sure he'll come and get me.. I just bought his house in Bloodstone.

Edmunt

Now available in cherry!
Reaction score

Hmm... maybe a possible romance option?
Say if you do whatever to gain his trust you can later have a relationship with him. Because I don't know about anyone else but I was kinda annoyed that the only special wife we could get again was Lady Grey. A random towns person is just so... plain.

It always bugged me back in Fable 1 when i couldn't have a relationship with Bria Rose or Whisper. They were there! Why couldn't I have em'?
Fable 2 didn't really have that many interesting characters like that but still you get what I'm going at.

Anyway I think it would be interesting to see Reaver, and others, in this way. Would be quite interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.