• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Skyrim Discussion: Hints, tips, help and service.

Gikoku

driftin' along.
Town Guard
Reaction score
That's what I do but it says 'you need dragon souls to unlock it' and I've killed like seven dragons so far. My sister has the same problem. The last dragon I killed didn't even disintegrate and I couldn't absorb it. Anyone have any ideas?

When you're in the Shout menu in the lower right-hand corner, it'll list how many shouts you have.. then in the lower left-hand corner it should say "Unlock" next to "Favorite" when you highlight a locked shout.

Azer249

Reaction score
If anyone is looking for a good way to level restoration read bellow (highlight, minor spoilers to do with spells)

*You will need an alteration spell called Equilibrium, once you have this it uses health to regen magic so you lose health and gain mana. Put this in one hand and a healing spell in the other. Use equilibrium till your nearly dead, heal, and repeat.*

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
The strategy guide just came out today ( atleast in my region) and I have some pics to show you guys what it's packing. It comes with a, animated?(real) map with every location on it. There is a free code to use the online interactive map that has the location of every single thing from gear to dungeons, to even were your favorite critters hang around.​
Hard copy is 23$ on Amazon (33$ everywhere else) and the magazine copy is 5$ cheaper.​
Sorry my webcam sucks.​

Picture435.jpg
Picture436.jpg
I don't think you can read that very well anyways but just flip it on paint my bad.​
Picture437.jpg
And for some reason photo bucket did not retrieve the edits so everything is backwards. But yeah it's the size of two pence, pretty freaking huge like it's game.​

Gikoku

driftin' along.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Yeah my copy came with the strategy guide as well (paper back), that sucker is heavy. Hardly flipped through it though, except for when planning out my character (Breton).

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
If anyone is looking for a good way to level restoration read bellow (highlight, minor spoilers to do with spells)

*You will need an alteration spell called Equilibrium, once you have this it uses health to regen magic so you lose health and gain mana. Put this in one hand and a healing spell in the other. Use equilibrium till your nearly dead, heal, and repeat.*
Nice find.Where can I get that first one at?
I got some exploits I will post be warned they are good! Seriously this could ruin your experience this is for shameless cheaters only! * These are from two you tube videos not by me but the technique was thought up of by me.This is for Archery, and Sneak and over all level. I don't use them on my main account but I admit I did to catch my girl character up. First go to the Star Stones and pick thief for 20% faster xp.
Find some guy close to the name of Ferniel in Riverwood, he's a wood Elf Archer and can train Archery. Do his quest and give the girl his note, then he will follow you. Now go to the Greybeards. There is always one sitting down praying make sure your companion can't see you either so you are HIDDEN. Use an iron dagger or w/e and stab him in the back and WAIT for health to go up, do that over and over. Since you are hidden you will get 2x damage and sneak will go up ALOT. Now here's were I came in. After leveling up each time, get trained by Failien 5 times, ask him to carry and take your money back. Free archery training. (to level 50). Doing these both at once, training every level you will level up ridiculously fast.This is also good if you are not even a thief character at all, save all perqs from each level and by the time you're done you'll have a butload to spend on whatever you want. *

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
Yeah my copy came with the strategy guide as well (paper back), that sucker is heavy. Hardly flipped through it though, except for when planning out my character (Breton).
Yeah I got mine for my sister ( She was as excited as I was about Skyrim but never played TES ) lol it's funny to see how different she experiences the game. I'm slaying dragons and slitting throats and she's picking flowers and making potions XD. I just remember in Oblivion every 5 mins having to write something down so I opted for the two pound tome this time around. I got the hardcover because I treat all my guides like magazines and throw them around so this way I'll just plop it in my book shelf.. can't fit standing up.

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Anyone know if the old man who runs The Skyforge dies in a certain quest? Because I couldn't find him and whilst chatting with random NPCs I found out that he's dead! I sure didn't kill him!

If its a bug I'll be furious because he's the goddamn Master Trainer of Smithing!

HeroOfCrapsalot

Dean Gullberry
Premium
Reaction score
This is kinda for thiefish characters and I don't know if someone already mentioned it, but there is an difficult but rewarding dragon... site or whatever for you guys. Spoiler text in white. *Going in the North-East-East direction from Whiterun, you'll hit a mountain. On top of this mountain there is a dragon... wall (?) with all three words for a shout that allows you to throw your voice and cause a distraction. I WOULD NOT APPROACH WALL UNTIL AFTER SLAYING DRAGON. Next to the wall is a casket thing that will open up and a powerful magical enemy named Krosis will emerge. Upon defeating Krosis, you can loot his mask (coincidentally called Krosis) and wearing it will grant you a boost of 20 to lock-picking, alchemy and archery I believe. *

Edit: Made a small correction^^

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
This is kinda for thiefish characters and I don't know if someone already mentioned it, but there is an extremely difficult but rewarding dragon... site or whatever for you guys. Spoiler text in white. *Going in the North-East-East direction from Whiterun, you'll hit a mountain. On top of this mountain there is a dragon... wall (?) with all three words for a shout that allows you to throw your voice and cause a distraction. I WOULD NOT APPROACH WALL UNTIL AFTER SLAYING DRAGON. Next to the wall is a casket thing that will open up and a powerful magical enemy named Krosis will emerge. Upon defeating Krosis, you can loot his mask (coincidentally called Krosis) and wearing it will grant you a boost of 20 to sneaking, alchemy and archery I believe. *
I'm definatley gunna check that one out.

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
I got it and was like, "Too bad my guy's a hardcore viking werewolf who doesn't need this." But it also looks extremely cool.
I'm playing rogue and that sounds perfect for me.

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score
Anyone found the unkillable enemies problem? Pretty sure it's not a bug or anything, but was on my way to the 7000 steps, and came upon a Stormcloak camp, and the leader is a named character who I "killed" about 5 times before realising he couldn't be killed. So instead of having him chase me around the map because I can't kill him, I had to reload a save and sneak past them. Annoying as ****.

Gikoku

driftin' along.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Anyone found the unkillable enemies problem? Pretty sure it's not a bug or anything, but was on my way to the 7000 steps, and came upon a Stormcloak camp, and the leader is a named character who I "killed" about 5 times before realising he couldn't be killed. So instead of having him chase me around the map because I can't kill him, I had to reload a save and sneak past them. Annoying as f***.

Yeah, it's not a bug. As usual Bethesda marked certain NPCs in the game as "essential" and thus they can never be killed, the main purpose is because those certain NPCs are tied to an important quest of some sort. There's a few who are labeled essential for no damn reason though.

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Want a dog? [Go to Markarth stables(if you haven't been yet, just take a horse carriage to Markarth.) and close to the stables there's a man selling a dog for 500 gold. Once you pay for the dog he will follow you around along with your human companion. Note: For some reason he might disappear, but I find going back to Markarth, he'll be there, but I had to pay for him again. >_>]
Also: [You can pickpocket your money back from skill trainers if you have a high enough pickpocketing skill.]

Gikoku

driftin' along.
Town Guard
Reaction score
SPOILER
An awesome cameo appearance.

Has anyone bumped into the lord of madness Sheogorath yet? You can trigger the quest for him in the city of Solitude and to be honest I didn't see it coming. Everything about him from Oblivion is all the same except for his new hairstyle, he has his original voice actor and that crazy Scottish accent. If you haven't gone to the town of Solitude then I suggest to do it now... DO IT NAO!!

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Are there any glitches such as the potion glitch that was in Oblivion? I love that one and it would be awesome if there were a similar thing in Skyrim - just to help with the old making money fast thing...

Gikoku

driftin' along.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Aside from simply looting everything in dungeons especially dead bodies (all undead & humanoid enemies have gold on them), then selling jewelry and everything you don't need... I don't know of any exploits.

I've already amassed 8,000 coins just from the loot of 2 dungeons already.

Can also craft your own armor and weapons at the smithing and then sell that off for more easy money.

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score
Yeah, it's not a bug. As usual Bethesda marked certain NPCs in the game as "essential" and thus they can never be killed, the main purpose is because those certain NPCs are tied to an important quest of some sort. There's a few who are labeled essential for no damn reason though.

Because having essential characters attack you on sight is such a good idea. I also thought their radiant story system took care of that?