• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Skyrim Discussion: Hints, tips, help and service.

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
Aside from simply looting everything in dungeons especially dead bodies (all undead & humanoid enemies have gold on them), then selling jewelry and everything you don't need... I don't know of any exploits.

I've already amassed 8,000 coins just from the loot of 2 dungeons already.

Can also craft your own armor and weapons at the smithing and then sell that off for more easy money.
The fastest way to make money I've come across is going to each hold and looting every shop and palace, along with sleeping bodies. Of course you will need to find a fence to sell your stolen loot. Some people have jewelry upwards of 800G a pop, and best part is loot on shelves respawn after awhile unlike Oblivion. I've amassed 30,000 Septims from stealing and doing quests here and there.

Plus I haven't really ever found a vendor worth my time and gold.

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Soo... Nobody else have a dead Eorlund Gray-mane in tveir game then?

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Soo... Nobody else have a dead Eorlund Gray-mane in tveir game then?

Nope just been speaking with him.

Anyone know any good places to 'acquire' any good spells?

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score
I just discovered what happend to him. The entire little hill that the Skyforge rests upon simply doesn't "load" at times. You can go down where the hill stood and go under the map and stuff. I think it "disappeared" when he was on it and as such he fell through the map and apparently died!

God damn it. Anyone know of any other Smithing Trainers?

Gikoku

driftin' along.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Because having essential characters attack you on sight is such a good idea. I also thought their radiant story system took care of that?
I would have imagined it would. Once all important quests have been finished for a certain character that person should no longer be needed thus become "non-essential". I've yet to see that though.. ):
Nope just been speaking with him.

Anyone know any good places to 'acquire' any good spells?

Have you tried the college in Winterhold? They've got a nice selection of spell tomes to purchase (or steal) from Novice level to Apprentice. I'm guessing their inventory of spell tomes is improved based on your current level and magic.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Have you tried the college in Winterhold? They've got a nice selection of spell tomes to purchase (or steal) from Novice level to Apprentice. I'm guessing their inventory of spell tomes is improved based on your current level and magic.

Havent ventured that far over yet as it seems quite a trek but I thought that would be the main suggestion. Only have about 7 spells so far and no proper ranged ones like Fireball (if thats what its called in Skyrim) or anything, just flames and sparks etc and they are only good for short range.

I am liking how much the archery has been improved in the game however and its actually useful this time and can get some good one hit stealth kills with it.

Azer249

Reaction score
Gikoku said:

Im a pure mage and can confirm the spells increase. Its worth doing the whole questline if your a pure mage. rly. Some of the spells there are amazing, but be warned, unless you have a lot of magika, your not going to be able to use them efficiently. Ive only upgraded magika from level 1 and i can barley use them properly. But the skill trees do help.

Ive also got quite far in the College heres a picture of some of the end of the questline armour, personally the best armour ive found at the moment.
It has

*Archmage robes:
100% mana regen increase
15% reduction for all spells casting cost

And the helmet is a dragon lord one, forgot the name but it has

100% mana regen increase

Due to the fact im a pure mage it helps so much, i had to turn the difficulty up to master because i felt like god because i was so overpowered.

http://i764.photobucket.com/albums/xx285/Azer249/Untitled-33.png

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I just discovered what happend to him. The entire little hill that the Skyforge rests upon simply doesn't "load" at times. You can go down where the hill stood and go under the map and stuff. I think it "disappeared" when he was on it and as such he fell through the map and apparently died!

God damn it. Anyone know of any other Smithing Trainers?

Havent long left there and I didnt notice it not loading at any point. As Purple said there is one in Riften, im there currently.

Gikoku

driftin' along.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Here's a little tip: Whenever you begin building a positive relationship with folks who own a business, they'll eventually allow you to freely take items from their shops that are on display.. free of charge with no need to steal.

Havent ventured that far over yet as it seems quite a trek but I thought that would be the main suggestion. Only have about 7 spells so far and no proper ranged ones like Fireball (if thats what its called in Skyrim) or anything, just flames and sparks etc and they are only good for short range.

I am liking how much the archery has been improved in the game however and its actually useful this time and can get some good one hit stealth kills with it.

Make sure when you do acquire the Apprentice level spells that you improve your destruction spell perk tree. Grab the Apprentice Destruction perk for a 50% off magicka requirement, will definitely help you out in the long run.

Yeah, I'm loving how the archery works now especially with the Eagle Eye perk.. now I finally make more use of bows than I did back in Oblivion.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Make sure when you do acquire the Apprentice level spells that you improve your destruction spell perk tree. Grab the Apprentice Destruction perk for a 50% off magicka requirement, will definitely help you out in the long run.

Yeah, I'm loving how the archery works now especially with the Eagle Eye perk.. now I finally make more use of bows than I did back in Oblivion.

Ive been trying to improve my destruction skill & advance in the perk tree wherever I can and using it a fair bit. I find myself sneaking through caves to despatch unwary enemies with headshots with arrows or perching on a cliff or vantage point and firing arrows at people below.

Put a bucket/cauldron type thing over everyone's head in a room and steal ALL the things!

:lol: I saw this on Youtube but havent done it.

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score
Im a pure mage and can confirm the spells increase. Its worth doing the whole questline if your a pure mage. rly. Some of the spells there are amazing, but be warned, unless you have a lot of magika, your not going to be able to use them efficiently. Ive only upgraded magika from level 1 and i can barley use them properly. But the skill trees do help.

Ive also got quite far in the College heres a picture of some of the end of the questline armour, personally the best armour ive found at the moment.
It has

*Archmage robes:
100% mana regen increase

100% mana regen increase

Due to the fact im a pure mage it helps so much, i had to turn the difficulty up to master because i felt like god because i was so overpowered.

Dear Talos! Those robes are the perfect blend of wizard and viking! I might just make myself a Nord wizard after all....

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score
Azura can suck my Nord azz.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

It has

*Archmage robes:
100% mana regen increase

100% mana regen increase

That helmet also make up the design on the face of your character?