• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Skyrim Discussion: Hints, tips, help and service.

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
Im a pure mage and can confirm the spells increase. Its worth doing the whole questline if your a pure mage. rly. Some of the spells there are amazing, but be warned, unless you have a lot of magika, your not going to be able to use them efficiently. Ive only upgraded magika from level 1 and i can barley use them properly. But the skill trees do help.

Ive also got quite far in the College heres a picture of some of the end of the questline armour, personally the best armour ive found at the moment.
It has

*Archmage robes:
100% mana regen increase
15% reduction for all spells casting cost

And the helmet is a dragon lord one, forgot the name but it has

100% mana regen increase

Due to the fact im a pure mage it helps so much, i had to turn the difficulty up to master because i felt like god because i was so overpowered.

http://i764.photobucket.com/albums/xx285/Azer249/Untitled-33.png
I'm sporting the same gear right now I'm not pure mage but I have 300 magicka with enchants need to get the magicka regen too, Drakan if your serious about magicka then the college of winterhold for sure, there are trainers and teachers of alot of skills. Also try court mages in palaces, they have nice stuff for the right price.

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score
Don't know how far everyone's gone in smithing but it's necessary if you want to have
Daedric or *Dragon Bone armor

Here's a tip if you want to power level your smithing
*Collect massive amounts of leather strips during your travels. They only weigh .01.
Alternatively you can buy out blacksmithing shops for leather strips.
Buy out the Blacksmith shops for iron ingots.
Smith MASS QUANTITIES of iron daggers. Smithing 40 of them boosted me from level 1 to 37 in about a minute. Rinse and repeat. Smithing levels go up extremely fast so it shouldn't take long to get to 100.

Now if you want to make Daedric armor you need a Daedra heart for every piece of armor or weaponry you want to make. I have two methods for you to choose from to get these. One is free and will land you 3 of 'em. The other can get a little pricey but has no limit.
To get 3, you must simply complete the Azura's Shrine quest, being sure to
*return the artifact to Azura and not the other option

The other option is a vendor who carries them, but sells them for over 1,000 gold each.
His stock regenerates every 48 hours. He is *Enthir, found in the College of Winterhold

With this info you could be sporting full daedric armor in a few short hours.

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
Don't know how far everyone's gone in smithing but it's necessary if you want to have
Daedric or *Dragon Bone armor

Here's a tip if you want to power level your smithing
*Collect massive amounts of leather strips during your travels. They only weigh .01.
Alternatively you can buy out blacksmithing shops for leather strips.
Buy out the Blacksmith shops for iron ingots.
Smith MASS QUANTITIES of iron daggers. Smithing 40 of them boosted me from level 1 to 37 in about a minute. Rinse and repeat. Smithing levels go up extremely fast so it shouldn't take long to get to 100.

Now if you want to make Daedric armor you need a Daedra heart for every piece of armor or weaponry you want to make. I have two methods for you to choose from to get these. One is free and will land you 3 of 'em. The other can get a little pricey but has no limit.
To get 3, you must simply complete the Azura's Shrine quest, being sure to
*return the artifact to Azura and not the other option

The other option is a vendor who carries them, but sells them for over 1,000 gold each.
His stock regenerates every 48 hours. He is *Enthir, found in the College of Winterhold

With this info you could be sporting full daedric armor in a few short hours.
Really good tip thanks! I've collected so many ingots but I didn't know how to level my smithing up fast. Is there a blacksmith in every town?

Anyone done Boethia's calling? Question : I can't sacrifice my follower how do I make it so that she is stuck in the spell I can't get it to activate any ideas? *

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score
Really good tip thanks! I've collected so many ingots but I didn't know how to level my smithing up fast. Is there a blacksmith in every town?
Most towns yes. Whiterun is generally your best bet whether or not you have access to the Skyforge.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I'm sporting the same gear right now I'm not pure mage but I have 300 magicka with enchants need to get the magicka regen too, Drakan if your serious about magicka then the college of winterhold for sure, there are trainers and teachers of alot of skills. Also try court mages in palaces, they have nice stuff for the right price.

I shall make sure I have plenty of gold for training and steal lots of stuff thanks.

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
I shall make sure I have plenty of gold for training and steal lots of stuff thanks.
Or you could do one better * and simply pickpocket the gold from the trainer each time you train:p *

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
Most towns yes. Whiterun is generally your best bet whether or not you have access to the Skyforge.
How do you get the Skyforge? What's it do is it good?

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
I thought you had to be a Companion? Prolly got that mixed up with something else though :D

I've just started a second profile, siding with the Stormcloaks this time around - not even close to being done with my first profile, I just wanted to have a go at being completely magic. There really is nothing quite like watching a stream of lightning or fire burst forth from your hands and destroy your enemies within seconds. VERY satisfying. Also love the warding spell - that's an excellent one to use when you're low on health but don't have any potions or a strong enough restoration spell to hand.

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
How do you get the Skyforge? What's it do is it good?

The Skyforge is the forge next to Jorrvaskrin, where The Companions hang out. And Eorland Grey-Mane is the blacksmith there.

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
I thought you had to be a Companion? Prolly got that mixed up with something else though :D

I've just started a second profile, siding with the Stormcloaks this time around - not even close to being done with my first profile, I just wanted to have a go at being completely magic. There really is nothing quite like watching a stream of lightning or fire burst forth from your hands and destroy your enemies within seconds. VERY satisfying. Also love the warding spell - that's an excellent one to use when you're low on health but don't have any potions or a strong enough restoration spell to hand.
How could you ever side with those imperial scum?!

I'm a Dark Elf and I hate 'em

lol just realized a major character flaw in relation to V canon.

mjmarin12

Tex-Mex Gamer
Premium
Reaction score
Another free dog is hanging around outside Falkreath, after you talk with the town's blacksmith he appears. Once you walk by the dog, Barbas, outside of Falkreath he will start talking to you and lead you on a little quest. Halfway through he will start following you. I havent finished the quest so im not sure if he will stay with you.

Also does anyone know where you can find a good price on Dragonbones? I would keep them, but they just weigh to much and the vendor at Riverwood is barely giving me half of their real amount

Angel

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Found a little place called Meeko's something or other - just a hunting shack in the forest. Go to look around the tiny one-roomed building, hear a funny noise, turn around and there is a fudging great big dragon blocking the exit and blowing fire in through the front door. Anyone who has been to these hunting shacks knows there is less room in there than you'd get in a shoebox so I'm pinned up against a wall next to some dead rabbits and I'm not going to lie here - I yelled out in real life because I was so surprised. Got its head stuck in the doorway so I blasted the living crap out of it with frost spells until it died but it took a good chunk of health off of me before I managed it.

Just finished the questline for the mage's guild, or whatever you call it this time around. Teensy couple of tips here for those who aren't a high level (I'm only 10):

1) When passing through the last passageway before the boss fight at the end of the Labyrinthian (where you get the staff of Magnus), a load of crystals will shoot destruction spells at you. They are VERY strong and if you aren't a high enough level, they can own you rather quickly. Best thing to do is equip a restoration power and cast it while sprinting through. You ought to be ok so long as you don't stop or slow down.

2) The boss fight is easier if you do it at a lower level as Morokei won't use some of his spells on you - however, magic seems to not work as it either makes hardly a dent in his rather large health bar or he seems to take it for his own. Either way, a traditional weapon is a better choice. Enchanted ones, again, lose their charge within a couple of hits so just grab something with some wallop to it and batter him. He will stay still if he can see you so this makes it easier. Whack him until he dies and then don't forget to take his mask because not only does it look cool, it regenerates magicka 100% faster.

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can find a master enchantment trainer?

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
Found a little place called Meeko's something or other - just a hunting shack in the forest. Go to look around the tiny one-roomed building, hear a funny noise, turn around and there is a fudging great big dragon blocking the exit and blowing fire in through the front door. Anyone who has been to these hunting shacks knows there is less room in there than you'd get in a shoebox so I'm pinned up against a wall next to some dead rabbits and I'm not going to lie here - I yelled out in real life because I was so surprised. Got its head stuck in the doorway so I blasted the living crap out of it with frost spells until it died but it took a good chunk of health off of me before I managed it.

Just finished the questline for the mage's guild, or whatever you call it this time around. Teensy couple of tips here for those who aren't a high level (I'm only 10):

1) When passing through the last passageway before the boss fight at the end of the Labyrinthian (where you get the staff of Magnus), a load of crystals will shoot destruction spells at you. They are VERY strong and if you aren't a high enough level, they can own you rather quickly. Best thing to do is equip a restoration power and cast it while sprinting through. You ought to be ok so long as you don't stop or slow down.

2) The boss fight is easier if you do it at a lower level as Morokei won't use some of his spells on you - however, magic seems to not work as it either makes hardly a dent in his rather large health bar or he seems to take it for his own. Either way, a traditional weapon is a better choice. Enchanted ones, again, lose their charge within a couple of hits so just grab something with some wallop to it and batter him. He will stay still if he can see you so this makes it easier. Whack him until he dies and then don't forget to take his mask because not only does it look cool, it regenerates magicka 100% faster.
Just a cool related glitch, after finishing the mages guild and becoming the archmage, wearing the robes and the mask for the last quest will make your face invisable, even though the hood is showing. Just looks cool.

Angel

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
You want Hamal in Markarth for master training - she's the high priestess of Dibella there.

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
You want Hamal in Markarth for master training - she's the high priestess of Dibella there.
Omg thanks I didn't think I'd get an answer.

Angel

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Well I'm trapped - I can't get out of this one area because the pull chains aren't working for some reason. Trying to ascertain if it's a glitch - I pull the chain to get out and it makes all the noises but the gate won't budge. REALLY do not want to reload an earlier save because I'll still be stuck in the area as there isn't a save earlier than that one. I'm so screwed if something is bugged...

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
Well I'm trapped - I can't get out of this one area because the pull chains aren't working for some reason. Trying to ascertain if it's a glitch - I pull the chain to get out and it makes all the noises but the gate won't budge. REALLY do not want to reload an earlier save because I'll still be stuck in the area as there isn't a save earlier than that one. I'm so screwed if something is bugged...
The same thing has happened to me. I just loaded it after awhile.

Angel

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Going to try that later...seems it happens to a lot of people.

Azer249

Reaction score
Heres a nice tip for anyone wanting to increase smithing, enchanting, speech and alteration.

Ill write them in steps bellow.
  1. Go to Halted Stream Camp and get the spell called transmute mineral ore this will turn any iron ore into silver and any silver into gold (will level alteration, adept level spell).
  2. Mine or buy lots and lots of iron ore and turn it into silver, then gold.
  3. Make As many gold ingots as you can, then after this turn them into golden rings.
  4. Using soul gems enchant the rings with any enchantment.
  5. Sell them to a trader.
  6. Profit?!?!