• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Skyrim Discussion: Hints, tips, help and service.

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Dragons are a walk in the park compared to those mage Forsworn characters. I've been royally clucked over and over again by them - especially the ones at the camp outside Karthspire. The only good thing was that I had two people with me as part of the quest to help whittle down the health bars and the dragon actually did me a favour by blasting this mage in the back long enough for me to get some shots in. Staff of Magnus is handy here because it drains magic but you need to wield something else at the same time if you don't want to just get murdered once the charge on the staff runs out.

Just finished chatting to dragon - very cool. I'm always Argonian because of the breathing underwater thing (I spend a lot of time hiding in water because I'm crap) but I currently have two profiles running: One is a mix of most skills and focusing solely on side missions and the other is pure destruction mage with some awesome apparel such as the Morokei mask and robes of the Arch Mage focusing entirely on the main questline.

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Speaking of which; are Argonians somehow related to Dragons? Maybe some ancient dragon-human hybrid race...

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
Speaking of which; are Argonians somehow related to Dragons? Maybe some ancient dragon-human hybrid race...
Argonians are filthy bottom feeders I say, sorry I picked up the slight racism of my younger days playing Oblivion as it was prevalent in that time and country. Also them all being thieves and swamp people with the same raspy voice actor contributed.

Doing the Hermiuos Mora Daedric quest apparently all Elf races have some sort of connection to Dwarves.

If you go back to Oblivion looking at things from the side of the Mythic Dawn, Merunes Dagon was the original owner of Tamriel and the 8 Divines were servants of him before they rebelled and took over which would explain why Tamriel has 9 gods including Talos if you still believe in him yet all of them being non Daedric Lords. The history and lore is left up to you to decide truth from myth.

But it could be possible most mortals have lineage back to Akatosh who is now Alduin the World eater. It's all hearsay in game though so just make it up yourself if you want them to be.

Me I'm sticking the the story that they are inbred hillbillies who got it on with an alligator.

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score
Actually, the dwarves (or Dwemer) in Elder Scrolls are just another breed of elves. Pretty much any race of creatures ending with -mer are elves... or once were, like the Falmer.

Gikoku

driftin' along.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Honestly, I thought becoming a werewolf would give me an edge in combat but it hasn't been the case. I find that if I come across a situation where I'm thinking "wow, I'm f***** I need to give beast form a go" I usually just end up doing worse. I guess it's nice to have if only for the roleplaying side of things (don't deny it, everyone roleplays in these games).
The werewolf ability has always been the ace in the hole for me. Have you remembered to press the right bumper button on the controller to instill fear into the opposition with a roar? If you do that, they won't attack you anymore and will instead flee, thus becoming fish in a barrel. Then you can feed on the dead bodies afterwards to restore health and lengthen the transformation.

But making sure to use the roar will be the big difference maker when it comes to tearing them apart.

cheezMcNASTY said:
So, that said, let me add on to the question at hand.

What race/class have you chosen and what type of personality do try to make your character emulate?
Breton female warrior who is battle-hardened, gave her one blind eye and a scar around it. She originally started out as an anti-hero until overtime I had her become more and more of a good guy, save the world, yadda yadda. I think I'm going to move it back to being anti-hero though, the payoff of being Wonder Woman for these people isn't satisfying me.

Also, here are a couple of pictures of my character Nae, and yes... she has a totally ripped bod.

http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc67/Gikoku2/Gaming Pics/ScreenShot28.jpg

http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc67/Gikoku2/Gaming Pics/ScreenShot42.jpg

http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc67/Gikoku2/Gaming Pics/ScreenShot47.jpg

http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc67/Gikoku2/Gaming Pics/ScreenShot50.jpg

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score
The Werewolf ability is a double-edged sword, really

Yes, you gain a spamable Fear, but unless you actually kill something you have no way whatsoever to regain your Health. Oftentimes using the transformation is a death sentence for me because I can't chug down potions.

Oh yeah, no Power Attacks either. Poo.

mjmarin12

Tex-Mex Gamer
Premium
Reaction score
To be honest, I kind of dont like the werewolf ability. Just something about it that turns me off from using it. Its kind of like being a glass hammer, or whatever that expression is. It does help in tight spots, but thats where dragon shouts come in to play so it outweighs the whole transformation process. I really do like how they dont make you change every full moon. Also for roleplaying purposes I like to think I got a beast soul and not beast blood....

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
First thing my sister did was make a female Khajiit so she could have a cat person who turned into a werewolf, now that's beast, lol awesome.

They could've made werewolf better I haven't turned to one in Oblivion I hated the fighter's guild it was so boring to me.

Gikoku

driftin' along.
Town Guard
Reaction score
I can't be the only one who has found the werewolf ability as useful in hard to clear areas. I'd still be stuck in a Falmer cave if not for it.

The Werewolf ability is a double-edged sword, really

Yes, you gain a spamable Fear, but unless you actually kill something you have no way whatsoever to regain your Health. Oftentimes using the transformation is a death sentence for me because I can't chug down potions.

Oh yeah, no Power Attacks either. Poo.

I've only really found myself using it against bandit/falmer groups when all my magicka and potions are gone, catching them is pretty easy not to mention the random chance that an attack can send them flying like ragdolls. The only time I've found the werewolf ability useless is when going against dragons, though the thought of Werewolf vs. Dragon I do find entertaining from a roleplaying & mindless fun standpoint.

They do have a power attack, you'll have to press the attack button while sprinting, but it's a pain to perform in tight places.
They could've made werewolf better I haven't turned to one in Oblivion I hated the fighter's guild it was so boring to me.

They didn't have werewolves in Oblivion though.

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
I can't be the only one who has found the werewolf ability as useful in hard to clear areas. I'd still be stuck in a Falmer cave if not for it.

I've only really found myself using it against bandit/falmer groups when all my magicka and potions are gone, catching them is pretty easy not to mention the random chance that an attack can send them flying like ragdolls. The only time I've found the werewolf ability useless is when going against dragons, though the thought of Werewolf vs. Dragon I do find entertaining from a roleplaying & mindless fun standpoint.

They do have a power attack, you'll have to press the attack button while sprinting, but it's a pain to perform in tight places.

They didn't have werewolves in Oblivion though.
Yeah that's true, just from seeing my sister turn into one, meh could be more powerful. It's Fable's damn Balvarines, skewed what my opinion of an awesome were man is supposed to be like.

Speaking of which does anyone almost feel like Bethesda had some inspiration from the Fable series when making V?

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Speaking of which does anyone almost feel like Bethesda had some inspiration from the Fable series when making V?

In what way besides having chickens in the game? :lol:

mjmarin12

Tex-Mex Gamer
Premium
Reaction score

Ive heard some pieces of music that sound surprisingly similar to Fable's. Also they could have looked at it for things like marriage and the designs of Dwemer ruins.

Speaking of marriage, I decided to get married because I heard your spouse brings in money from opening a shop. I was planning on marrying Hroki from the Silver Blood Inn in Markarth. Went in with the amulet only to find she just says random dialogue. I was devastated :(

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score
I've got to say that the werewolf transformation animation is amongst the most epic of it's kind I've seen in a video game to date.

But as I said, it is extremely underwhelming performance-wise. It helps bullying around weaker enemies, but I might as well kill them without it. It pales in comparison to hard areas and bosses due to removing so much of your character's versatility.

Also they could have looked at it for things like marriage and the designs of Dwemer ruins.

The Dwemer theme is just generic steampunk. Hardly a Fable exclusive.

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score
Just me, or are enemy Mages totally overpowered? They seem to have infinite mana and can just chuck spell after spell at you.

Powerful spells. Mana expensive spells.

If you come up against one with any form of Healing spell you are doomed because if you can't burst them down in one go (which is nigh impossible) they'll call on their infinite Mana reserves and pop back up to full Health in a flash! And they have ridiculous reflexes, too, when it comes to blocking your spells with Wards. I'm honestly thinking about giving up on my Mage character because fighting enemy Mages is just impossible(and with all Mage-related quest you do fight them dime a dozen!) with them having infinite Mana and Matrix-like reflexes. With your limited Mana and human reflexes you just can't win when the AI cheat so blatantly.

Step 1: Do the first quest of the Companions

Step 2: During said quest, obtain Fire Breath Shout.

Step 3: Unlock shout by killing a dragon.

Step 4: Kill all your enemies by breathing on them.

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
In what way besides having chickens in the game? :lol:
Lol before release date there was a glitch reported in the 3 hour demos where if you committed a crime and a chicken saw you it would run and tell a guard XD I would've loved it if they had kept it on release version.
Well here are some similarities, marriage total Fable gimmick, clairvoyance spell just like the bread crumb trail, jobs, effect-able economy, some other things I can't think of atm. It feels more like a sequel to Oblivion rather then a whole new installment to the series. Infact I've tested the same exact glitches from Oblivion and they still work. Oblivion with new terrain, updated combat, trade ins from Fallout. The only actual innovation I'd say is the Dragon fights. Still though those statements don't give it justice it's as awesome as Oblivion when it came out only if Oblivion lost it's virginity.. pretty much=]
I've got to say that the werewolf transformation animation is amongst the most epic of it's kind I've seen in a video game to date.

But as I said, it is extremely underwhelming performance-wise. It helps bullying around weaker enemies, but I might as well kill them without it. It pales in comparison to hard areas and bosses due to removing so much of your character's versatility.

The Dwemer theme is just generic steampunk. Hardly a Fable exclusive.
If it had levels like vampirism only without the weaknesses it'd be boss. Like during full moon +50 damage or something. Or just the more people you kill in general slowly raising its abilities, plan out a conquest of adventures in Beast mode. They could possibly update any aspect of the game on the fly though there is so much more hope for improvements getting to more players this time around.

The music is some of the best soundtrack in a game in along time, almost seems to queue perfectly with what I'm doing it's uncanny. Has some definite Morrowind in it though.

Does radiant AI only come in with quest characters? A dragon killed the riverwood Blacksmith and he never came back nor any supposed family members.

Albion Knight

Premium
Reaction score
Just me, or are enemy Mages totally overpowered? They seem to have infinite mana and can just chuck spell after spell at you.

Powerful spells. Mana expensive spells.

If you come up against one with any form of Healing spell you are doomed because if you can't burst them down in one go (which is nigh impossible) they'll call on their infinite Mana reserves and pop back up to full Health in a flash! And they have ridiculous reflexes, too, when it comes to blocking your spells with Wards. I'm honestly thinking about giving up on my Mage character because fighting enemy Mages is just impossible(and with all Mage-related quest you do fight them dime a dozen!) with them having infinite Mana and Matrix-like reflexes. With your limited Mana and human reflexes you just can't win when the AI cheat so blatantly.
I've been dual weilding flame and wiping out most every regular creature I encounter. Against tougher creatures I through a frost rune down wait for the manna to revive and summon something. the kick ass. taken out a few giants with that plan

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score
As I said, I have no issues at all with magic when going up against anything but enemy Mages. They are just given too big an advantage against a PC Mage. Infinite Mana and the ability to pull up a Ward to absorb your spell within a split second. Not to mention their pin-point accuracy.

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
As I said, I have no issues at all with magic when going up against anything but enemy Mages. They are just given too big an advantage against a PC Mage. Infinite Mana and the ability to pull up a Ward to absorb your spell within a split second. Not to mention their pin-point accuracy.
Playing Pc I'm sure you could simply adjust your mana to the appropriate equality. But I bet that's not how you role. BTW has the Creation Kit been released for you guys yet?

I can't wait to see some mods for this game who knows what will come out. Probably first big one will be texture mods, Skyrim on a Pc deserves that much.

So anyways random stories from today.

In Solitude go to Radiant Raiment and buy Hammerfall Garb for 5 or so G, it's defenseless clothes but can be enchanted for mages along with some nice Armour pieces. It's brown, red, and white. It's cool because it's the only suit I know of with a cape, which is a nice red. But the clothes themselves look appalling. Someone should wear them as a girl and tell me if they look half decent on them.

I always make trips every couple of days to Dragon shrines just to have a for sure Dragon fight, I was fighting a red Dragon when also a random dragon encounter appeared. I think the Frost dragon was aiming for me but completely hit the Red dragon and wiped its health out, then I got to fight two dragons in the air at once pretty awesome battle I must say.

Right after that I fast traveled to another Dragon Shrine, I had an Ebony sword with 20 absorb health on it. I walked up to the dragon and he began to lift off but before even touching him he started to disintegrate, flying away in the air I thought I somehow must have super critical hit him but he turned into a skeleton and was still alive. I slayed the Skeleton as would be in any normal encounter. So basically my character is so boss he can suck their souls out without even moving a finger lol.

Has anyone else had this happen to them?

Gikoku

driftin' along.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Never happened to me before, and no the Creation Kit isn't out yet for us PC players. Bethesda has been taking their sweet time for sure, but there's already been a bunch of mods released by the community (mostly texture & stats mods) that you can see here. The really good stuff of course won't start rolling out until Bethesda releases that kit.

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
I'm really excited to USB hack. Can't use user created mods or my xbox will freeze, but any file in game can be edited to my save files. That means even perhaps nude mods were it to be as it was in Oblivion, and custom shouts and spells like developer shouts.

I can't wait to make my character be able to shout fire from the Dragon's shouts, will make the dragon roar as well that'll be my first mission. Someday down the road some will make a modded mansion or something more to the tune of a mini expansion.

Right now there are only infinite stats and gold mods for 360 and those are gay I say.

If the creation kit comes out someone needs to let me know if you need Skyrim for Pc installed to access it, if not that'd make my life and many other console users much more easier.

That way I could do something legit like make all Ebony armor have Dark Brotherhood wall hanging as a cape attached.

But I doubt it so I'd be relying on Pc modders to look out for us and lmao..