• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Starcraft II

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score
Starcraft II

StarCraft II
S.png
tarCraft II continues the epic saga of the Protoss, Terran, and Zerg. These three distinct and powerful races will clash once again in the fast-paced real-time strategy sequel to the legendary original, StarCraft. Legions of veteran, upgraded, and brand-new unit types will do battle across the galaxy, as each faction struggles for survival.
Featuring a unique single-player campaign that picks up where StarCraft: Brood War left off, StarCraft II will present a cast of new heroes and familiar faces in an edgy sci-fi story filled with adventure and intrigue. In addition, Blizzard will again offer unparalleled online play through Battle.net, the company's world-renowned gaming service, with several enhancements and new features to make StarCraft II the ultimate competitive real-time strategy game.
Features:
  • Fast-paced, hard-hitting, tightly balanced competitive real-time strategy gameplay that recaptures and improves on the magic of the original game
  • Three completely distinct races: Protoss, Terran, and Zerg
  • New units and gameplay mechanics further distinguish each race
  • Groundbreaking single-player "story-mode" campaign
  • Vibrant new 3D-graphics engine with support for dazzling visual effects and massive unit and army sizes
  • Full multiplayer support, with new competitive features and matchmaking utilities available through Battle.net
  • Full map-making and scripting tools to give players incredible freedom in customizing and personalizing their gameplay experience
Regardless of what's been said in
http://forums.projectego.net/blizzard-announce-new-product-may-3062/

there is no starcraft MMO. perhaps Starcraft 2 will have MMO options, but it's just plain old Starcraft II. More information at link provided. :ninja:

Will the game run natively on Windows Vista?
StarCraft II will be fully compatible with Windows Vista, as well as XP. We'll have more details on system requirements closer to release.
Will StarCraft II be available on Mac simultaneously with PC?
As with all of Blizzard's recent releases, StarCraft II will ship on both PC and Mac simultaneously.
thanks to Secia_Lunegaze for bringing this to my attention

S

Secia_Lunegaze

Re: Starcraft II

I cannot belive this. Even after looking through the site I am still unable to comprehend the magnificence of Starcraft 2. I fell in love with the first game and now, FINALLY they are putting out a sequel!

A think I saw a light shine down from the heavens... and they said STARCRAFT!

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score

Aw poo. I had hoped for a Starcraft RPG (note: not MMORPG)... Oh well.

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

Secia_Lunegaze;89900 said:
I cannot belive this. Even after looking through the site I am still unable to comprehend the magnificence of Starcraft 2. I fell in love with the first game and now, FINALLY they are putting out a sequel!

A think I saw a light shine down from the heavens... and they said STARCRAFT!

Yeah me too, I'm ganna be exploding about this for days, and days...
Mmm starcrack- I mean craft. :D

Tsuyu;89909 said:
Aw poo. I had hoped for a Starcraft RPG (note: not MMORPG)... Oh well.

Ahhh. :( It doesn't look that bad. the graphics look stunning.

YouTube - Starcraft II Trailer

As this marine says.
"Hell, it's about time."

N

NinjaX

This is a well needed addition to the Blizzard flock...been waiting years for this game and as you say, "its about time"...

I really hope they dont do an MMORPG of this and just make Starcraft:Ghost instead...

Even better...bring out Diablo III next.

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

:lol: I know Ghost would be an awesome game.
The previews already looked amazing, but they just had to go and ruin everything for me. :'( :lol:

Diablo would be nice too. :shifty:

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score

I'll keep my fingers crossed for Diablo III - I just love me some RPGs. :lol:

But still... RPG.. in the STARCRAFT FREAKIN' UNIVERSE? That'd be ... BEYOND orgasmic. Well beyond.

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

Wonderful updates on the star craft horizon. Recently added at the blizzard star craft II main page, was a 21 minute game play demo of star craft II. :w00t: And I must say, it's all so stunning. You can download the full video at the main page. Or in 4 parts on youtube. The download is well worth it :ninja:

Direct Download:
StarCraft 2 Gameplay Video
StarCraft II Movies

Youtube:
YouTube - StarCraft II Gameplay Demo 1
YouTube - StarCraft II Gameplay Demo 2
YouTube - StarCraft II Gameplay Demo 3
YouTube - StarCraft II Gameplay Demo 4

IGN:
Starcraft II Videos

Screenshots: :ninja:

L

Liberator

Well...gotta say it...as cool as the gameplay movies truly are, my first impressions of StarCraft II is...meh. Probably going to be more of the same old, same old...Terran fights Zerg fights Protoss. Only this time, the Terrans will probably be the final single player campaign available to you...given that the Protoss were the final campaign in the original game, and the Zerg were the final campaign in the Brood War expansion.

I had high hopes for StarCraft after finishing Brood War. I had hoped StarCraft II would have come out in 2003 or 2004, or even 2005. But as time drew on, my interest in StarCraft began to wane. When I had heard about "Ghost" my interest started to increase again. Then, came the news that "Ghost" had been cancelled. So I thought, well that's that...no more StarCraft. :(

Now we get this...and as nice as the graphics appear to be, I'm afraid that there simply isn't going to be enough new material from StarCraft II to keep me interested. I could be wrong, mind you, but in my mind, Blizzard dropped the ball on this one.

The Terran marine says "It's about time," at the end of the cinematic preview. Unfortunately, in my mind, the time for StarCraft II was two or three years ago. Now, it's likely to be too little too late....

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

It's never too late for me. :D
A protoss mother ship that can create a black hole?
I'd say that's wonderful new material to me. this makes me so excited.
I guess I'm one of the only ones. :'(

L

Liberator

Eh...truth be told Sephi, I'll probably still play StarCraft II through the whole single player campaign at least once just to be fair. I'm just saying that if Blizzard had released StarCraft II a few years ago, I'd be really excited about it. Now, it just doesn't seem like it will have enough oomph to it to make it worth having to wait nearly ten years since the original StarCraft (and Brood War) for a sequel.

However, if the team providing the dialogue for the characters in StarCraft II are anywhere near as good as the team that provided dialogue for the original StarCraft and Brood War...that will score points in my book.

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score

Sephiroxas;90490 said:
It's never too late for me. :D
A protoss mother ship that can create a black hole?
I'd say that's wonderful new material to me. this makes me so excited.
I guess I'm one of the only ones. :'(

You're not, I assure you - one friend of mine hasn't been able to talk about anything else for a while now.

Bloody amusing, he thinks just like you - by the time you posted the cinematic trailer, he couldn't stop talking about it. When you posted the gameplay, earlier the same day in school he couldn't stop talking about that - especially the black hole and the mother ship.

It's... disturbing, to some degree, actually.

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

Tsuyu;90566 said:
You're not, I assure you - one friend of mine hasn't been able to talk about anything else for a while now.

Bloody amusing, he thinks just like you - by the time you posted the cinematic trailer, he couldn't stop talking about it. When you posted the gameplay, earlier the same day in school he couldn't stop talking about that - especially the black hole and the mother ship.

It's... disturbing, to some degree, actually.

:lol: Ahh I'm sorry. Heehee. I'm glad to hear he's so excited though. :shifty:

KaveX

Witcher
Premium
Reaction score

Tsuyu;90046 said:
I'll keep my fingers crossed for Diablo III - I just love me some RPGs. :lol:

But still... RPG.. in the STARCRAFT FREAKIN' UNIVERSE? That'd be ... BEYOND orgasmic. Well beyond.
Me too, They shouldve announced D3 wich everyone knows they are secretley making.. A Stracraft RPG would be awesome ^_^ im not used to playin RTS

As for SC2 i saw the old gaming pics.. looked horrible.. but this one looks pretty good.. but it still looks like a regular RTS game to me..

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

Kave;90580 said:
Me too, They shouldve announced D3 wich everyone knows they are secretley making.. A Stracraft RPG would be awesome ^_^ im not used to playin RTS

As for SC2 i saw the old gaming pics.. looked horrible.. but this one looks pretty good.. but it still looks like a regular RTS game to me..

I love RTS games. Warcraft three was RTS :D

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Sephiroxas;105809 said:
*explodes* :w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t: :thumbsup: great find

Thought you might like that news piece ^_^ ;)

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

New concept art, screenshots, and page about a new unit. :w00t:

T.gif
he towering colossus is a protoss robot design dating back to the bloody conflicts of the Kalath Intercession. It strides across the battlefield on four tall, slender legs which give it an extremely high level of mobility. The great height of the machine allows it to step up and down cliffs and other steep elevations with little difficulty, and gives it a dominating field of fire.

Read more [StarCraft II]

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

Some more New updates at Starcraft II :D

Warp Ray:
T.gif
he warp ray is a ship virtually built around a single gigantic power source: the prismatic core. This device seethes with energy drawn from two realms: the Void, which is truly understood only by the dark templar, and the psionic matrix, which underpins the technologies of the Aiur protoss. In combination these two energies form a self-sustaining reaction of terrifying potential.

warpray-thumb2.jpg

See Live Game play here [StarCraft II - Warp Ray]

New Artwork:
StarCraft II - Artwork