• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Starcraft II

K

Kaireg

Re: Starcraft II

I was asking Tsuyu about the kit he was talking about for his PC...

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

Kaireg;137140 said:
I was asking Tsuyu about the kit he was talking about for his PC...

:lol: You should have quoted him then ^_^ :ninja:

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score

Haha. Quite frankly, it is a new computer... well, parts for a new computer anyway. I have a very old motherboard which slows down my computer greatly. However, thanks to this old peice o' crap I can't use any newer parts.

So to upgrade I would need to... yeah, buy a new motherboard and just about every component to go along with it as I can't re-use my old stuff because that would be incompatible with the new motherboard.

K

Kaireg

Heh, Ouch...Hmm...I should totally go in time, get SC2, and come back....hmm >.> lol

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

T.gif
he Sensor Tower
noflash-sensortower.jpg

Top terran military analysts all agree that "Knowing is half the battle" and that early warning is one of the keys to victory. The sensor tower is a vital tool for long-range surveillance of enemy movement and the detection of stealthed aggressors. Sensor towers are a lynchpin of terran base defenses, and as such, they need to be heavily guarded. A smart attacker will try to destroy sensor towers as the first priority.
sensortower-thumb2.jpg

sensortower-thumb1.jpg

Albion Knight

Premium
Reaction score

What are all those Exclamation Points? Is that the sensors indicator of enemy movement?

B

Bishounen_Mason

Tsuyu;137202 said:
Haha. Quite frankly, it is a new computer... well, parts for a new computer anyway. I have a very old motherboard which slows down my computer greatly. However, thanks to this old peice o' crap I can't use any newer parts.

So to upgrade I would need to... yeah, buy a new motherboard and just about every component to go along with it as I can't re-use my old stuff because that would be incompatible with the new motherboard.

Feels your pain.. I'm in the same boat

>.< DDR ram Athlon XP Geforce AGP graphics card....

all my stuff outdated *cries*

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

T.gif
he Observer
noflash-observer.jpg

These small drones are employed to survey vast wasteland areas or observe and record battles for study within the protoss archives. Their complex sensor array leaves little energy for defenses, but they can detect cloaked or concealed enemies with ease. This ability makes observers invaluable auxiliary units on the battlefield.
observer-thumb1.jpg

observer-thumb2.jpg

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

story.jpg

Terrans first journeyed to the far edge of the galaxy when a navigational malfunction sent their automated colony vessels hurtling off course. Bypassing their intended target, the ships crash-landed on three worlds scattered across the Koprulu sector.
Over several decades the terrans established colonies, spread to other planets, and came into conflict with one another. In the decade after the end of the Guild Wars, the Terran Confederacy stood unchallenged in its supremacy over colonial space.
The terran colonies first became aware they were not alone in the universe when a gleaming fleet of protoss warships suddenly emerged over the Confederate world of Chau Sara. The advanced alien ships incinerated the planet's surface without warning.

zergvictory-noflash.jpg

StarCraft II - Story So Far

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

TF-620 nomad
noflash-nomad.jpg

T.gif
he TF-620 nomad is an all-around workhorse that combines the functions of light manufacturing center and observation post rolled into one. A common sight among the fringe-world colonies, the nomad is a robust, air-mobile vehicle built to operate independently in all but the harshest climates. Although the nomad shares a number of common traits with its smaller cousin, the SCV, the nomad is a far more specialized and advanced engineering craft.

nomad-thumb1.jpg

nomad-thumb2.jpg

StarCraft II - Nomad

Albion Knight

Premium
Reaction score

This game reminds me of Star wars Galactic Battlegrounds
battlegrounds10-09004.jpg

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

The Crucio Siege Tank
noflash-siegetankwalk.jpg

T.gif
he Crucio is the Dominion update of the immensely popular but aging Arclite siege tank. The Arclite was renowned throughout the Confederacy for its devastating firepower and stalwart emplacement/advance tactics. Originally designed to serve as a "final defense" security cannon, the siege tank adopted a two-stage configuration in its final form: a mobile assault mode and a deployed siege mode that brought its massive shock cannon to bear. The immense flexibility of an armored battle tank that could advance and then deploy itself as heavy artillery was a huge success, and the design was widely copied.
siegetank-thumb1.jpg

siegetank-thumb3.jpg

StarCraft II - Siege Tank

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

blizzcopy.png

Overview
Join our Community Team in going behind the scenes, to experience the world of Blizzard game making. Each episode, we’ll be interviewing your favorite Blizzard developers and staff, to give you a glimpse of what it is like to make the games you love from their perspective. On top of that, we plan to talk about new features and add to the latest discussions regarding our future projects such as StarCraft II and Wrath of the Lich King.

Prizes and Contact
In order to make sure this series is catered to our fans, we encourage you to write up with your feedback and comments. Feel free to send them to BlizzCast@blizzard.com. For our first episode, we also plan to giveaway 12 Logitech 5.1 Speakers and StarCraft II Hats, to several of our fans who send in feedback! [ more details here ]

| Current Podcast |
Episode 1

episode1_thumb.jpg

To kick off our BlizzCast series, we’ve decided to begin where every great Blizzard idea begins, at the concept level. To speak with us we have Samwise Didier, our Art Director and concept artist to many of the popular Blizzard icons you’ve grown to love such as the Pandaren, Fel Orcs, Dark Templars, Zerglings, and many more. We’ll be chatting with Samwise on how he came up with the characters he did, as well as what it is like to work on both the Warcraft and StarCraft franchises.
Be sure to view the transcript to see all of the artwork.

Transcript | Download

Samwise: So, if you love a character, awesome. If you hate a character, don’t worry: we’ll probably change it.
Karune: So, how would you recommend that other people, like artists, get involved in the video game industry? Or just getting involved to become artists, you know, full time?
Samwise: Right. Well, for getting into the industry, I would totally recommend taking any kind of courses in Max or Maya or any other 3D programs because that’s how games are made now.....get involved....even if you’re just a concept artist like some of the guys on our team, we really want guys that can do, a variety of things....I guess another thing too would be try to be really well-rounded...

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

Jim Raynor Biography
Jim Raynor was a Confederate marshal on Mar Sara at the time of the first zerg incursions on that world. Despite bravely fighting the alien aggressors and saving many lives, he was arrested by Confederacy forces on the pretext of destroying Confederate property at Backwater Station. When he was subsequently liberated by Arcturus Mengsk's Sons of Korhal, an anti-Confederate revolutionary group, Raynor chose to fight alongside them.
New Sexy Screenshots of Ingame Characters:
ss64-hires.jpg

ss63-hires.jpg

StarCraft II - Raynor

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Wondered when the next update would come for this, +rep for keeping people well informed in this thread.

T

Tanro

Liberator;90456 said:
I had hoped StarCraft II would have come out in 2003 or 2004, or even 2005. But as time drew on, my interest in StarCraft began to wane.

I remember buying Starcraft Battle chest back in 02 and it having a small black and white flier for Starcraft II.

Then not seeing anything about starcraft II until summer 07