• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The mayan doomsday

Dentie

Reaction score
The mayan doomsday

I was kind of intrested in thisso i investigated a bit.
So what do yo think of the Mayan doomsday do you think this will happen or do you think its bull **** if you dont know what the mayan doomsday is this might help you : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_millenarianism
if you dont want to read all of this i can tell it very short:

The mayans think that the earth will stop spinning for 3 days when the 13th baktun (B'ak'tun) is over and the 14th baktun begins. Thats either 21 or 23 december 2012. in these 3 days the earth and the sun will be in 1 line with the center of the galaxy. this will stop the earth with spinning and the earth becomes a dark place and after the 3 days the earth will spin the other way around.
this is what some ppl think :
There is a suggestion . . . that Armageddon would overtake the degenerate peoples of the world and all creation on the final day of the thirteenth [baktun]. Thus ... our present universe ... [would] be annihilated on December 23, 2012, when the Great Cycle of the Long Count reaches completion
when the long count reaches completion the 13th baktun has ended. so this means the earth will be destroyd in 2012 if it happens of course.

So will this happen : Yes or no?

Wonderfoole WINO

Schizoid Misanthopist
Reaction score
Re: The mayan doomsday

Nope.

Here is whats gonna happen on those days:

This "doomsday" is gonna be all you hear on the news for quite a while beforhand. Thousands, if not millions, of doomsday sayers will be preaching and freaking out everywhere. They will be on tv, in the newspaper, in the streets, on signs, and compleatly infesting the interwebs. I will go about my usual buisness, only with a smirk on my face. Then 12/24/2012 will roll around, and a lot of people will be feeling very very stupid. And the smirk on my face will become me rolling around on the ground laughing uncontrolably until I soil myself and have to be taken to the hospital because I can't breath properly. They will probably have to give me something to calm me down or knock me out aswell.

Shirosaki

The Hollow Within
Reaction score

They said there was going to be a super virus or something on the millennium. Nothing happened. Nothing will happen in 2012.

Wonderfoole WINO

Schizoid Misanthopist
Reaction score

Although apparantly there will be some sort of rare, unique astronomical alignment, that should be pretty cool.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Gives me an excuse to hold the mother of all parties An 'End of the world' party. Everyone will get drunk as though its their last day to live but we will all know that the only pain we will be feeling is the hangover the day afterwards. However would be a good reason to hold a party.

TheJJMax

The Ultimate Noob
Reaction score

Dark Drakan;331385 said:
Gives me an excuse to hold the mother of all parties An 'End of the world' party. Everyone will get drunk as though its their last day to live but we will all know that the only pain we will be feeling is the hangover the day afterwards. However would be a good reason to hold a party.
I'll bring the whores, ok?

I can imagine 2012 now....

The sky will turn dark, the sun will mysteriously disappear one day, and people will be panicking.

Until they realize that 12 hours later the sun will rise again, and it will be morning.

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score

Gunman23;331397 said:
I'll bring the whores, ok?

I don't think Drakan will be very much interested in the 'whores' you hang around with. The only ones who are interested in that age group would be the Feds. :lol:

As for this doomsday nonsense: Relax, the world won't end... yet. Although I am making serious progress in awakening Cthulhu as we speak....

Dentie

Reaction score

TJ Griffin;331372 said:
Nope.

Here is whats gonna happen on those days:

This "doomsday" is gonna be all you hear on the news for quite a while beforhand. Thousands, if not millions, of doomsday sayers will be preaching and freaking out everywhere. They will be on tv, in the newspaper, in the streets, on signs, and compleatly infesting the interwebs. I will go about my usual buisness, only with a smirk on my face. Then 12/24/2012 will roll around, and a lot of people will be feeling very very stupid. And the smirk on my face will become me rolling around on the ground laughing uncontrolably until I soil myself and have to be taken to the hospital because I can't breath properly. They will probably have to give me something to calm me down or knock me out aswell.

Thats what i tought 2 when i heard it lol

TJ Griffin;331382 said:
Although apparantly there will be some sort of rare, unique astronomical alignment, that should be pretty cool.

Yeah thats what i heard 2 some sort of meteor passing by dont know if its true but that should be cool

And yeah Drakan some End of the world parties would be cool im stoping by at your party too then :p

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score

maya_cartoon.JPG

Dentie

Reaction score

^ that should solve the problem

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Tsuyu;331399 said:
I don't think Drakan will be very much interested in the 'whores' you hang around with. The only ones who are interested in that age group would be the Feds. :lol:

:lol: that made my day.

Dentie;331402 said:
And yeah Drakan some End of the world parties would be cool im stoping by at your party too then :p

Suits me fine, the more the merrier.

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score

yea this just goes to show that with knowledge comes stupidity. don't you think that with modern science and high powered telescopes we would have seen this coming long ago? if someone believes people who made this observation from staring at the sky and writing it on rock over scientists in modern day then i vow to never take them seriously. ever. :lol:

Noctus

Metal Connoisseur
Reaction score

Well regardless I'll be getting drunk like you wouldn't BELIEVE on the day, listen to music, and see what the hell happens.

So if I go, I go a merry little boozer. If I don't go, I can laugh at people who said it would happen.

Cain

Reaction score

Hmmm Dentie does this have anything to do with the upcoming disaster movie 2012? Coz I saw the trailer while watching GI Joe and its about the 2012 calender thing. Oh and the disaster in 2012 will be the london olympics being cancelled.

Dentie

Reaction score

Azrael;331430 said:
Hmmm Dentie does this have anything to do with the upcoming disaster movie 2012? Coz I saw the trailer while watching GI Joe and its about the 2012 calender thing. Oh and the disaster in 2012 will be the london olympics being cancelled.

no it has nothing to do with that i didnt know there was a movie about 2012 lol

Trawgdor

Rawkin'
Reaction score

There's two or three theories saying that the world is going to end on 2012.

1: Mayan Calender Theory (Already Explained)

2: Planet Nibiru or Planet X is going to crash into the Earth and cause massive havoc.

3: Christianity says that in 2012 3 days of darkness will reign as the angels and demons fight out their battle or something, I didn't really want to research this one.

ScareCrowReturn

The Token Schizo
Premium
Reaction score

I dont believe it, But Honestly.. I hope it does. Like.. How cool would that be! Haha!

And th best part is, is that I will be around when it happens, So i'll be in History of the making. Wooohoo!

TRA Rotid

Päris geenius
Reaction score

Yup, we`re all dead.

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score

If the world ends on Dec 31, 2011 I'll buy you all a round of drinks. Heck, I'll buy you all a round of Ferraris.