• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What does everybody look like?

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Re: What does everybody look like?

Nice to see the newer members posting pics too. ^_^

LadyOnyaneese

Take my hand if you dare
Reaction score

You are quite welcome. I hope next time I redirect people there it will be for something more then a crappy picture. So did you find any new maps or flags to collect while you were there? Do you only collect alternate history ones?

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

LadyOnyaneese;338179 said:
You are quite welcome. I hope next time I redirect people there it will be for something more then a crappy picture. So did you find any new maps or flags to collect while you were there? Do you only collect alternate history ones?

WARNING: You have hit Walker's "flag" nerdboyenthusiasticrant button. Flee the country if you like coherence and brevity.

A few, and no. I like real flags too. I own Maryland and the US, predictably, but I also have my grandpa's "DONT TREAD ON ME" flag (it's sometimes called the First Navy Jack, though it isn't really), a USCG flag (not the ensign), and my county's flag (which basically looks like the English St. George's Cross, but with our seal in the canton. It's crappy, but it's ours. I just wish we had one that WASN'T crappy but was ours.)

But yeah, there's a couple Deviantart people who I check every time I log on-- they update new maps and flags and such occasionally, and sicne I log on every few months there's usually a lot of them. Guy called Naedyrr and alt-reality, or something like that. I do a few maps and flags and such, but mine suck. I like looking at the ones made by people with more photoshop skill, though. And sorry, but no, I didn't actually look at yours. Probably will eventually.

LadyOnyaneese

Take my hand if you dare
Reaction score

Well you certainly are an enthusiast. You didn't miss anything by not looking at my page as I really haven't got anything put up there. I am very shy when it comes to my work, well honestly, I just kind of discovered that I have a bit of talent recently and am working on honing my skills prior to posting anything. I have been networking more then anything on there and have met a lot of super talented people. If you want something you can't find anywhere let me know, I may be able to help you get it made.
Anyway it sounds like you have a nice little collection started. I would love to have that "DON'T TREAD ON ME" flag. That is awesome. Is your avatar your country's flag? I am not "uber" familiar with flags, but am interested in seeing them and finding out about them.

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

LadyOnyaneese;338193 said:
Well you certainly are an enthusiast. You didn't miss anything by not looking at my page as I really haven't got anything put up there. I am very shy when it comes to my work, well honestly, I just kind of discovered that I have a bit of talent recently and am working on honing my skills prior to posting anything. I have been networking more then anything on there and have met a lot of super talented people. If you want something you can't find anywhere let me know, I may be able to help you get it made.
Anyway it sounds like you have a nice little collection started. I would love to have that "DON'T TREAD ON ME" flag. That is awesome. Is your avatar your country's flag? I am not "uber" familiar with flags, but am interested in seeing them and finding out about them.

No, I'm an American-- my country's flag is the stars and stripes. I live in the state of Maryland. That's Maryland's flag as my avatar. It's based on the Calvert-Crossland arms. I said "county." As in "governmental level between state and town/city." I didn't specify which county because I wouldn't want all my fans stalking me.

But yeah, I really like the DONT TREAD flag, too, and it's doubly special because it was my grandpa's.

And the best site I've found for random flag stuff is fotw.us. Or fotw.net. Or whichever, there's a lot of mirror sites. Not the easiest to navigate, but very comprehensive. www.nava.org Is the North American Vexillogical Association site, and it has some pretty cool stuff on flag design.

And yeah, I have no talent-- just lots of enthusiasm.

LadyOnyaneese

Take my hand if you dare
Reaction score

Walker;338186 said:
W

I own Maryland and the US, predictably, but I also have my grandpa's "DONT TREAD ON ME" flag (it's sometimes called the First Navy Jack, though it isn't really), a USCG flag (not the ensign), and my county's flag (which basically looks like the English St. George's Cross, but with our seal in the canton. It's crappy, but it's ours. I just wish we had one that WASN'T crappy but was ours.)

I am sorry if I got confused a bit when I read that you own the US and then put all that other stuff in the middle to make it seem like your flag was not American. I guess I am just a bit slow tonight. Forgive my ignorance. I was just trying to make a connection/friend with someone who seems very smart and articulate and would open new doors of knowledge to me.

Rad

Old Name: Zencidal
Premium
Reaction score

I was bored so:
l_5c73dc65e09a4f46b7353ec80431dfde.jpg

Tries it took me to get it right: 32,
I fail badly ^__^

Joshman

Fortune Teller
Reaction score

I have no skin, uhh... well the skin is rotten, and umm... My teeth are really big like um... Yeh um... wear a mask to um... hide my face so um... and um... my cards that tell the uh... Future are in my uh... green like a tree holder so they don't uh.. fall!

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

LadyOnyaneese;338272 said:
I am sorry if I got confused a bit when I read that you own the US and then put all that other stuff in the middle to make it seem like your flag was not American. I guess I am just a bit slow tonight. Forgive my ignorance. I was just trying to make a connection/friend with someone who seems very smart and articulate and would open new doors of knowledge to me.

Yeah, that happens a lot. There's only a one-letter difference between "county" and "country" and no one really expects to have people talking about their home county.

But no, I wasn't actually biting your head off there, I swear. Just blame it all on lack of sleep if it seemed a bit... acerbic.

Joshman;338283 said:
I have no skin, uhh... well the skin is rotten, and umm... My teeth are really big like um... Yeh um... wear a mask to um... hide my face so um... and um... my cards that tell the uh... Future are in my uh... green like a tree holder so they don't uh.. fall!

Hey, you want a job October 31st? All you gotta do is stand there and smile at people.

Not that I'll pay you, but still. Volunteer work?

LadyOnyaneese

Take my hand if you dare
Reaction score

Don't sweat it. I am just usually on my game better then that. I should have caught the difference. It isn't often that one finds someone that is halfway articulate and knowledgeable especially on here with the number of children that are occupying space. No big deal though either way.

Another Spartan

DoCtOr OcToGoNaPuS!
Reaction score

Walker;338355 said:
Yeah, that happens a lot. There's only a one-letter difference between "county" and "country" and no one really expects to have people talking about their home county.

If you can raed waht I'm saiyng you are nromal.
Seriously, I forget where I learned it, but people actual usually only look and the first and last few letters of a word.

Skotekal

Sheeple President
Premium
Reaction score

Yeah, I learned that in grade four. :lol:

Joshman

Fortune Teller
Reaction score

Walker;338355 said:
Hey, you want a job October 31st? All you gotta do is stand there and smile at people.

Not that I'll pay you, but still. Volunteer work?

What am I desprete? What were you thinking? Teh I'll take it! Should I wear Blue or Pink with flowers?

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

Another Spartan;338447 said:
If you can raed waht I'm saiyng you are nromal.
Seriously, I forget where I learned it, but people actual usually only look and the first and last few letters of a word.

That only works in certain cases. "You are spitud" might work, but not "my aieln ivanedr smoodized mkeyons."

Joshman;338497 said:
What am I desprete? What were you thinking? Teh I'll take it! Should I wear Blue or Pink with flowers?

Er... defintely pink. Sounds more traumatic.

Tyloric

Illogical Process of Elimination
Reaction score

6816_156094440660_736100660_3912015_1731145_n.jpg

Who's that handsome devil?

Joshman

Fortune Teller
Reaction score

^ You?

Walker;338601 said:
Er... defintely pink. Sounds more traumatic.

Should I wear a mask or no mask? Pink robe + scarf or no scarf?

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

From your description, I'd say no mask is neccesary. Though you should probably post a picture so I can be sure you're really so suited for the post.

pPLnOmE

I am your Messiah
Reaction score

whapaaa

l_a2b57c221efb47cab36f54a6161e29d7.jpg