• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Whats Rocked And Sucked?

Gikoku

driftin' along.
Town Guard
Reaction score
That does suck man, why did you quit and what happened to Skyrim?

Couldn't put up with the bullshit there anymore under the new management and the people who continued to suck their asses to get special treatment. One of my former co-workers that I knew for years who transferred with me last year was wrongfully fired, but it was on top of him getting talked about behind his back along with others that made the work environment a headache of immaturity and unneeded drama.

I enjoyed the kind of job, but not like that. Now I have to find a new one.

As for Skyrim, the game went bonkers on me and kept crashing every time I tried to do something (including a new game). So I uninstalled and went to reinstall with the disc.. but the disc won't read anymore (there's no visible scratch).

So I'm just fed up right now.

ScareCrowReturn

The Token Schizo
Premium
Reaction score
Rocked:
Got drunk lastnight, had a good time.

Sucked:
Got drunk lastnight, now having a bad time.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Couldn't put up with the bullshit there anymore under the new management and the people who continued to suck their asses to get special treatment. One of my former co-workers that I knew for years who transferred with me last year was wrongfully fired, but it was on top of him getting talked about behind his back along with others that made the work environment a headache of immaturity and unneeded drama.

I enjoyed the kind of job, but not like that. Now I have to find a new one.

As for Skyrim, the game went bonkers on me and kept crashing every time I tried to do something (including a new game). So I uninstalled and went to reinstall with the disc.. but the disc won't read anymore (there's no visible scratch).

So I'm just fed up right now.

Well that does indeed suck, have to have a beer and relax this weekend and get job hunting on Monday. My workplace is like that but guess thats down to only 4 guys working here and over 30 women.

Rocked

Mortgage contract arrived today so will be signed and sent off again Monday so one step closer to moving into new house.

Sucked

Havent had any time for anything else besides work lately and im on overtime and going to be moving house at the same time.

Gikoku

driftin' along.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Well that does indeed suck, have to have a beer and relax this weekend and get job hunting on Monday. My workplace is like that but guess thats down to only 4 guys working here and over 30 women.

Yeah, I don't have as much tolerance as you do. It didn't help that I also blew up at the manager on the way out. She got an attitude with me because I chose to quit, I was already irritated enough and this I didn't need.. so I told her off with the things nobody could say to her face. I probably shouldn't have done that, but hey, whatever.. it's too late now. Yeah, I'll start looking next week and just soak in the free time I have now to get my head cleared of this crap.

Oh, and it turns out the disc was damaged. Looked at it again this morning under some better light and there's this long thin crack going from one end all the way to the other.. so, that's that! Need a new one.
Mods are trouble and now they are double!

AAAARRRRRGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!11 GIKI MAD!! GIKI SMAASH!!!!

IWEGHIEBVIEBIWVBH857980124YTVH01VY0N8Y247FTY4V2B

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Yeah, I don't have as much tolerance as you do. It didn't help that I also blew up at the manager on the way out. She got an attitude with me because I chose to quit, I was already irritated enough and this I didn't need.. so I told her off with the things nobody could say to her face. I probably shouldn't have done that, but hey, whatever.. it's too late now. Yeah, I'll start looking next week and just soak in the free time I have now to get my head cleared of this crap.

Oh, and it turns out the disc was damaged. Looked at it again this morning under some better light and there's this long thin crack going from one end all the way to the other.. so, that's that! Need a new one.

Ive been suspended twice for saying what I think about our manager that everyone else was too scared to say to their face so I feel your pain. Been here for 8 years now and its always been the same, one by one all my friends have left over the years too so mainly the people I dislike left now besides a handful. Just the brown nosers and suck ups left and the hard workers arent appreicated because we dont blindly follow stupid orders that cost the company money without speaking out against them.

Wonder how it got so damaged, I tend to use no cd patches to save my discs or install it on a virtual drive etc.

Gikoku

driftin' along.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Ive been suspended twice for saying what I think about our manager that everyone else was too scared to say to their face so I feel your pain. Been here for 8 years now and its always been the same, one by one all my friends have left over the years too so mainly the people I dislike left now besides a handful. Just the brown nosers and suck ups left and the hard workers arent appreicated because we dont blindly follow stupid orders that cost the company money without speaking out against them.

Exactly. She had the nerve to say to me "Some people just don't appreciate what they have." That's when I blew up, It may not have been the right thing to do, but it sure felt pretty damn good to get it out. She's by far the worst manager I ever had to deal with in my life, really hope I don't have to meet anyone like her again.

Dark Drakan said:
Wonder how it got so damaged, I tend to use no cd patches to save my discs or install it on a virtual drive etc.
Wish I knew, couldn't have been the cats cause the disc was always in the case and the line is perfect. It's not the first time this has happened to me either, so it's still a mystery.

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score
Rocked: Landed a door to door sales job. Had my reserves, but after making $360 in an afternoon, I think it's going to be a very rewarding thing to do over the summer.

Sucked: Have a lot of work to do before the school year's over. Ran into some people who only wanted to talk about something very bad that I did not want to remember.

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Rocked. Mah birthday is coming up!
Sucked. Mah birthday is coming up....

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Rocked
  • Weather this week is looking great.
  • Made progress on painting and decorating new house.
  • Have a friend coming round to help out tomorrow.
  • Had a quick game of Max Payne 3 yesterday.
Sucked
  • Hands are blistered, muscles ache, had very little sleep and at work again.
  • Spent 12 hours doing decorating yesterday and clearing out house.
  • Havent had much time to play Max Payne 3 or get on the forums.

Reaction score
Sucked: woke up the other morning to find that my left eye was bloodshot to hell, entire left side was red. Turns out I have a sub-conjunctive hemorage. Still looks a mess, just not as much now. Doc says it's less serious than it looks, will heal eventually. Don't even know what caused it.

Rocked: Had a nice lunch and evening tea, that's about it.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Rocked
  • 2 Rooms done on new house and moving onto another 2
  • Got a great looking cooker for cheaper than I expected
  • Weather has turned great

Sucked
  • Car Insurance and Tax are due
  • Tired and havent had time to do anything but work and decorate for some time
  • Sunburnt
  • Manager at work is a moron and should know better than to annoy me when im tired and sunburnt

Hermit

Boy next door
Reaction score
Rocked: Gikoku's story makes me glad to have Skyrim on Steam

Sucked: Gikoku's story makes me sad :(

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Rocked
  • Weather is still great
  • Might get some forum/gaming time some time tonight and a break from DIY and decorating
  • Lots of money going out recently (obviously)
  • Last day of getting up at 6am for the week today
Sucked
  • Sunburn and a broken shower in old house that is permanently set to boiling hot
  • Another day of work ahead after working from 6.30am - 10.30pm at actual job then house
  • Boiler at new house needs a new part and new cooker needs a different fitting to connect it to pipework (more money)

Reaction score
Rocked: Went to harvesters for lunch with best mate Pete, had a few drinks. When you're in a relaxed atmosphere with someone who knows you inside and out plus a good meal and some beers it's the best feeling in the world.

Sucked: sore gums, ulcer probably.

Hermit

Boy next door
Reaction score
Rocked: I learned to get fish with a spear

Sucked: I'm stranded on an island :(

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Rocked

House is one step closer to finished product and most of the big jobs are done.

Sucked

Spent whole holiday weekend working on the house and havent had any time at all to get onto the forums and now im at work quickly scanning through what ive missed.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Double Post but dont care... :devil:

Rocked
  • Sunny Weather today
  • No work for nearly 2 weeks
  • Just reinstalled Steam that I havent used for 6+Years
  • Finally fixed my TV stand so I can use 360 again and save cash on new TV for a couple of months
  • Football tonight and already got the wine and beers chilling with no work tomorrow
Sucked
  • My laptop cant run as many games as I like to play after seeing them all on Steam
  • Money situation currently and the banks having issues so wages have been delayed too
  • Weather is meant to be crappy all week (despite it being warm and decent at the moment)

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Rocked: Good company and great conversations

Sucked: Antibiotics finish in two days and I don't seem to be any better. Feel like crap all the time and next weekend cannot come quickly enough...

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
DOUBLE POST BECAUSE I CAN!

Rocked: Alton Towers at the weekend, the themed bedroom was awesome, got free stuff, excellent food, Rita is the BEST ride on the planet, hotel exceeded all expectations as did the weather...it was incredible - everyone should go.

Sucked: Had to come home (lawl) and it'll be a long time before I can afford to go back again. Also, another week of ASD assessments for Jake which started off with me getting punched, kicked, slapped, headbutted and a pair of shoes thrown in my face. Good times...