• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Whats YOUR opinion..

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score
Their intellectual property. Not that I think that means anything, but it's still theft. Kinda.

And besides, those costs are covered by the record label on the proviso that they will make a profit selling what gets produced.

Gitch

Reaction score
I won't download games as I like to have the box and the maunal for them. Plus if you rip off small games developers then they won't be able to make more.

I do download movies. Only to see if I like them though, like a try and buy situation. I got sick of buying so much crap that I end up selling on I decided that now I'll watch the film online first and if I like it I'll buy the DVD. I will still go to the cinema and risk seeing a crappy film. I also like the extras with DVDs/Blu Ray.

I also download music. The music industry is such these days that an artist will make so much more from touring than they ever will from releasing an album or single. The format is almost redundant and not much more than a marketing tool. If I like a band or DJ I'll pay to go and hear them live.

James Butts

A Damn Fool
Reaction score
I do music, and I've done one movie, just one, because my netflix ran out and I had no money, we were just done moving across the country. Thats my excuse.

L0ki

The Six Gun Caballero
Reaction score
I do it a lot. I'm not going to lie, but the thing that I find different from myself and other pirates, is that I actually go out and buy the CD if I end up liking it. I believe in supporting great games (I'm a huge PC Gamer and actually own most of the games I have on my Harddrive), movies (you should see my blu-ray collection), programs (Only program I wouldn't pay for are the ones that cost over 300 dollars; That's my limit), and music (Honestly, if you like a band or artist, buy their damn albums; I love Metallica and I downloaded Death Magnetic and I ended up hating that album, but I eventually bought it, 'cause I love Metallica's music and had most, if not all, their albums, so I'm not going to exclude a single album just because it wasn't that good).

Not all pirates are as nice as me, of course. I don't hate on them for that, neither. Some of them might be going through tough times and just can't afford things, but none of that is my concern. I strongly believe in supporting manufacturers, creators, artists, etc. Because if everyone just starts downloading music, or games, and never buys them, then those awesome songs, or time consuming lovely games, will never be released again, 'cause that artist would be broke, or that game company would go down the drain. Then instead of having an outstanding and enjoyable game series, or a couple of "could never put down" albums, you get that one memory of a good game that could have blossomed into more.

I support piracy, I just think that if you truly like the product, buy it.

Noctus

Metal Connoisseur
Reaction score
Their intellectual property. Not that I think that means anything, but it's still theft. Kinda.

And besides, those costs are covered by the record label on the proviso that they will make a profit selling what gets produced.
Still, files cost absolutely nothing to manufacture hence they don't make any kind of loss from them.

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score
Files cost nothing to duplicate. To record a sound bite still requires effort and money.