• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What's your real name? And what does your username mean to you?

HeroOfCrapsalot

Dean Gullberry
Premium
Reaction score
My real name is Alec Rochford. My username means nothing to me and I made it up on the spot when I joined here. I have no clue how to change it.

Reaction score
Name's Lewis, and I picked the name 'gunslinger' due to my old west nostalgia and the fact that I favour guns in Fable II/III.

D3m190d

Your Future Emperor
Reaction score
My real name's Carlo. It's Italian, and I love Italy, but I'm Dutch. Which is also cool, so I can say I live in 'the Netherlands' (as if it's some realm of the dead. Nether, y'know).

Aaaanyway, I picked D3m190d for a number of things because I found the word 'demigod' quite cool, and I was influenced by 1337-speak, a bit. To make things more original than they are. Now I think that part's a bit lame, but I keep it for nostalgic reasons (and keep making accounts with that name).

Oh, and of course the fact that I am in fact a demigod.

Reaction score
Ah, well then did you like Red Dead Redemption? (I can't hit the broad side of a barn, but that game is pretty to watch; very cinematic)

Yeah I enjoyed it a lot, the messages and characters were well done and the world was beautiful, only problem was it could be quite depressing at times for some reason, just the overall negativity in it but it was quite sobering in the sense that you don't always get a happily ever after, definitely not a game for the innocent. I liked it though.

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
My real name is Alec Rochford. My username means nothing to me and I made it up on the spot when I joined here. I have no clue how to change it.
Staff can change it for you if you fancy something different. How about "Fabularse"?

Most of you on my FB know my real name (it's Sharon and so chav-tastcially 80's and Essex-y I could cry) and it could have been worse because apparently my dad wanted to call me Laurie. Bleurgh...

My username is what Steve calls me IRL and I only get called Sharon if we're in company or I'm in trouble. I also get called Dippy, Dippy Egg, knobface, knobcheese and other knob-related terms of endearment. My daughter calls me Fat Cow so I'm currently looking forward to her hitting puberty, expanding sideways and getting a face like a pepperoni special. Payback is going to be sweeeeeeeet...

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score
My first name is cheez, and I don't feel like sharing my last name.

As for my username, I think I've given 2-3 different stories about where it came from and I'd rather not prove any of them wrong so I'll give a new one.

My username was hatched from a meteor that landed in my backyard. I keep it in an aquarium at -5 degrees celsius and feed it chocolate. If the lights turn on suddenly it goes on a murderous rampage. Some of you might remember how a bunch of members disappeared 2 years ago...

so I can say I live in 'the Netherlands' (as if it's some realm of the dead. Nether, y'know).
Sounds more like something that would require a colossal pair of undergarments. :troll:

EDIT: Tyloric's post below made me want to run through my previous usernames.

When I joined I was Jack0Blades. Why? Because I was 15 years old and having the game's antagonist in my name would probably make me the biggest badass on this new forum I was joining. Totally.

Then I changed my name to Led. I used to play Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast religiously and 30+ people in a certain clan had known me by that name for 2-3 years before I joined. I originally chose it because as a wee teenager I discovered Led Zeppelin and considered them the greatest band ever period the end.

Then my username became cheezMcNASTY. Why? Well, your answer is as good as mine. Maybe it's from the '90s TV show Shasta McNASTY. Maybe it's an in-joke with a friend. Or... OR MAYBE it's the name of what I hatched out of a FLIPPING METEOR. I'm not saying I know which one it is, but I'm leaning towards the meteor.

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
...Is it Sheen?

sheen.gif

Oh man, I wish it was. That guy was one of the awesome things about Jimmy Neutron back in the day.

Not only that, I could pretend I'm affiliated with Charlie Sheen. Not sure where I'm going with this, but I'm sure it involves a lot of cocaine.

Aions

Cant dance.
Reaction score
My real name is Logan

Aions was a spelling mistake i made back in grade 9 for a Fable profile name. Long before the game "Aion" came out :mad:

Tyloric

Illogical Process of Elimination
Reaction score
My real name is David, named for King David. I'm quite fond of it.

Tyloric is a role playing name I used more than ten years ago, the name of a character that I eventually killed off.

Before Tyloric actually stuck as my username, I had a few others that were long term:

Demonstar, named for my favorite video game at the time. (2002-2006ish).

Ikon, was just a name I came up with because I had become bored with Demonstar. I always pronounced it "Iken", because in some languages the o is perfectly capable of making that sound, but everyone always said "Icon", so it was ruined for me. (2006-2007)

Secksy was a name that stuck because my main in Guild Wars was (and still is) "The Secksy Monk" (wiki link in my sig <3). When I joined my (now ex) guild, I made my username St. Secksy to avoid confusion between an alt handle and and an alt char name. It's weird, because it just became totally normal to say amongst us. No one ever thought it was, and still don't, think it's weird. I am Secksy to them. <3 (2008-present, only within a select group of people)

Tyloric is what happened when I grew tired of Ikon, and I remembered that roleplay from so many years ago. I really like it, and will probably stick with it for a while. I mean, come on, it's still a great roleplaying name. Tyloric Trubane (formally Tyloric Mizanithe), at your service. (2008-present)

And that, ladies and sexier ladies, is a brief history of me.

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
My old usernames were the product of every other name on the planet being chosen already. I have projectangel, enigmatic muffin, pigeonjumper, twiceshy and, for a short while, I went by the handle of purple skunk.

Oh, and occasionally I go by the moniker of Candyflossbike. And that one was only because Hotmail was being so rubbish and wouldn't let me have anything so in desperation I slammed those two words together and it said yes - after 15 minutes of trying to get a hotmail account I was ready to accept anything...

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
He think's you're Aileen Koudelka, *Stares intensely and holds an interrogation lamp in your face* ARRRE you 'Aileen Koudelka'? O_O

Only my mother calls me Aileen. Everyone else calls Aiyeahyeahyeahyeahaiyeahyeahisaidheywhatsgoingon.

Can't help but feel bad for the real Aileen Koudelka. Being sexually harassed by a man from Maryland right now.

Gikoku

driftin' along.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Scott, but everyone prefers Scotty for some reason. Was named after the engineer from Star Trek because my dad thought it would be totally awesome.

As for the username.. Gikoku has no original meaning, I made it on a whim because I wanted something different and was tired of my old one. Being the Dragon Ball Z geek that I am I decided to derive the name from Goku while also going with my love for the Japanese culture, and that was that...yep, anticlimactic.

Now it's just Giki these days which to me means "Slutty Asian trap", from that infamous incident a couple years ago. With much credit to cheez for giving birth to Giki-chan.

Skotekal

Sheeple President
Premium
Reaction score
My name is Kyle Reichert. And my username means absolutely nothing. At all. Randomly thought it up.