• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Your own Legendary Weapon!

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score
Re: Your own Legendary Weapon!

Keshire;132060 said:
The fix takes 2 seconds.

Oh. :lol: Last time I searched through the mod forum I couldn't find an answer. ^_^

Keshire

Modder
Reaction score

§ephiroxa§;132061 said:
Oh. :lol: Last time I searched through the mod forum I couldn't find an answer. ^_^

Aye. I've mentioned it several times that it was a helper problem. When I finally got tired of the whining and opened it up and took a look. That's what I found.

K

Kyuumi

Cool, I'm going to try this out, see if I can make my own weapon!
Reputation +

E

EdgarHighmen

Hi, i've been using your forums for about a month, I own Fable for xbox, and Fable TLC for xbox(old) AND pc. I just picked up the PC version because TLC didn't play right on my 360(new) either.

I downloaded Fable Explorer, and shortly after downloaded FreeRoam and Albion explorer (So far I can only make use of Fable Explorer... I haven't unzipped any files out of the fable game folder)

I tried creating my own bodyguard... but there was something I have not extracted (haven't extracted anything) which stopped me from doing so.

However, I read this thread, and was delighted to see we could edit our weapons with only fable explorer.

I was reading through the thread from top to bottom... and ended up with skorms bow, and the harbinger. (Two weapons that take the most effort to get IMO) so props to that. I believe I have added 11 slots for augs into the weapon... but I don't know how to add augs via FableExplorer (I only know how to insert them manually ingame)

I amped the damage up to about 260 or so, and I changed its Addtocombomultiplier command +100 (Seems to boost combat multiplier)

I also changed from 0 to 1 isSelfilluminating.

I noticed in game, my char is only 18 years old (I corrupted my PC's autosave.....) and the harbinger is... quite HUGE on him. I have 1 into physique... and I can use it... ONE HANDED!! It swings as fast as the cutlass bluetane... and swings as fast as max Speed skill.

Thing is... I never changed anything beyond that. I have read and seen the change Heavy_weapon to Sword on the first page... but I never did that. When I looked at things to begin with, my weapon class and type were both 1. and my weapon type string or w/e was originally SWORD.

Is that normal? I haven't read past page 3 in this thread... since I was adding to my weapon as I read further in, You've all probably figured this out already, but can some one give me some tips on what I'm changing in the augmentations area to add specific augmentations? I'd also like to add special glowy effects to my weapon ;) like Multi strike, and electrical charges~ they looked great on my bluetane, but I don't want to get all my weapons via fable explorer... I just want to try editing a bit.

I'm also wondering where/how/if we can add armor and other items into the game via this way? Like silver keys tofu beer and crunchy chicks ;)

I'm grateful to everyone here actually, I enjoy these forums and your information alot! It really adds to the game :)

E

EdgarHighmen

Hi, i've been using your forums for about a month, I own Fable for xbox, and Fable TLC for xbox(old) AND pc. I just picked up the PC version because TLC didn't play right on my 360(new) either.

I downloaded Fable Explorer, and shortly after downloaded FreeRoam and Albion explorer (So far I can only make use of Fable Explorer... I haven't unzipped any files out of the fable game folder)

I tried creating my own bodyguard... but there was something I have not extracted (haven't extracted anything) which stopped me from doing so.

However, I read this thread, and was delighted to see we could edit our weapons with only fable explorer.

I was reading through the thread from top to bottom... and ended up with skorms bow, and the harbinger. (Two weapons that take the most effort to get IMO) so props to that. I believe I have added 11 slots for augs into the weapon... but I don't know how to add augs via FableExplorer (I only know how to insert them manually ingame)

I amped the damage up to about 260 or so, and I changed its Addtocombomultiplier command +100 (Seems to boost combat multiplier)

I also changed from 0 to 1 isSelfilluminating.

I noticed in game, my char is only 18 years old (I corrupted my PC's autosave.....) and the harbinger is... quite HUGE on him. I have 1 into physique... and I can use it... ONE HANDED!! It swings as fast as the cutlass bluetane... and swings as fast as max Speed skill.

Thing is... I never changed anything beyond that. I have read and seen the change Heavy_weapon to Sword on the first page... but I never did that. When I looked at things to begin with, my weapon class and type were both 1. and my weapon type string or w/e was originally SWORD.

Is that normal? I haven't read past page 3 in this thread... since I was adding to my weapon as I read further in, You've all probably figured this out already, but can some one give me some tips on what I'm changing in the augmentations area to add specific augmentations? I'd also like to add special glowy effects to my weapon ;) like Multi strike, and electrical charges~ they looked great on my bluetane, but I don't want to get all my weapons via fable explorer... I just want to try editing a bit.

I'm also wondering where/how/if we can add armor and other items into the game via this way? Like silver keys tofu beer and crunchy chicks ;)

I'm grateful to everyone here actually, I enjoy these forums and your information alot! It really adds to the game :)

Just noticed the augmentation thread here:: http://forums.projectego.net/adding-augments-weapon-2318/

so you can skip that info ;) thanks

S

skippy

first i would like to say hello to everyone and thank you for the amazing work you do here . i only have a small question , i wanted to change the dmg on a bow so after reading everything here i found out u have to modify the Shot thingie but when i do that and start the game the bow has 0 dmg and if i try to use it the game crashes . any suggestions ? sory if i posted this in the wrong place or it has already been answered , i just didnt see it,

J

Jacko

Hi, has anyone considered powering up the Bow and even the magic abilities?:)

T

Tsume_Hotoka

Can any one make a video of copying weapons? I can get it to work.

andythegill

I have a cunning plan
Reaction score

Jacko;142535 said:
Hi, has anyone considered powering up the Bow and even the magic abilities?:)

Yes its been done MANY MANY MANY times.

M

Max Kreeger

Hey,

I was wondering if you could tell me everything like straight from the beginning. I'm trying to change the attack. But I don't know what files to open e.g. Games.bin etc. could you tell me which ones I need to open to do this.

Thank you
Max

M

Max Kreeger

Ok this is what I did. I'm doing this on xbox.

1.) Open names.bin.
2.) Open games.bin.
3.) Went down to Objects and opened it.
4.) Opened Ebony_Longbow weapon.
5.) Opened objects in sub folder.
6.) Clicked on Links to (GameBINentryID): under CweaponDef
7.) Expanded CWeaponDef
8.) Click on damage and changed it to 700
9.) Hit apply changes.
10.) Put the files back into xbox when I went to buy the weapon the damge was the same as always.
11.) Did all that all over again but this time I went to actions Save Mods and Run Fable.
12.) Then I got this:
See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: The system cannot find the file specified
at System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithShellExecuteEx(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start()
at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start(String fileName)
at FableExplorer.frmRunFable.frmRunFable_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.42 (RTM.050727-4200)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
FableExplorer
Assembly Version: 1.0.2628.7216
Win32 Version: 1.0.2628.7216
CodeBase: file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Luka/Desktop/Fable%20Explorer/FableExplorer.exe
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
FableContentManagement
Assembly Version: 1.0.2628.7215
Win32 Version:
CodeBase: file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Luka/Desktop/Fable%20Explorer/FableContentManagement.DLL
msvcm80
Assembly Version: 8.0.50727.762
Win32 Version: 8.00.50727.762
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/WinSxS/x86_Microsoft.VC80.CRT_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_8.0.50727.762_x-ww_6b128700/msvcm80.dll
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
FableArchives
Assembly Version: 1.0.2628.7204
Win32 Version:
CodeBase: file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Luka/Desktop/Fable%20Explorer/FableArchives.DLL

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception

13.) I click continue
14.) The it says Press 'OK' when you have finished using and have closed Fable. I hit ok.
15.) Put the files back into the xbox. Still don't work.

Could someone help me out and tell me what I'm doing wrong. Because theoretically it should work because I'm just changing values.

Thank you
Max Kreeger.

M

Max Kreeger

Hello,
I have a problem, I'm following your tutorial to the letter. But it never works. Do you have to open all the files ? because I only open names.bin and games.bin oh and this is on xbox. Please reply.

Thank you
Max K.

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score

Max, it is very different modding the PC version than the Xbox version. Unfortunately I have no experience modding the XBox. Sorry I couldn't help. :(

M

Max Kreeger

I also rename the things when I change the damage, I noticed on the xbox version the name just goes blank so I have to re type it. I do everything. In the end the weapon just disappears. Holy crap. I just noticed something when I modded GTA SA when I modded a vehicle it disappeared and then after a while the new car appeared. Well if anyone notices what I'm dong wrong please tell me.

Thank you
Max.

P

Patrik1011

but how do i change texture then?

R

Raden

Droded I can't get my weapon to appear in my inventory. I clicked save mods and launch fable but still nothing.

J

jackcrawf

OldBoy;114285 said:
Don't forget to link your new weapon to it! You do this by changing the ID in the CWeaponDef field of your new weapon, to the ID of your new CWeaponDef (this one also be higher then 14760).
where would you find your new cweapon def?

V

VideoGame420

What an easy guide haha thx man

Dr KillJoy

Dark Paladin
Reaction score

Is it possible to mod an xbox version