• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Ask The Staff 'Anything'

TRA Rotid

Päris geenius
Reaction score
Re: Ask The Staff 'Anything'

Dark Drakan;195333 said:
Hate it with a passion. :lol:
:lol: That`s the answer I was hoping for.

But don`t forget Wig Wam, In My Dreams is a very good song. I don`t really like Lordi (I absolutely hate the woman behind the keyboard, call me sexist or what ever, but for a woman wear that hideous mask, NOOO!!!)

You watch Olympic games?

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

TRA Rotid;195332 said:
Do you just love Eurovision!?
I watch it for two reasons - Terry Wogan ripping it out of every act in his commentary and the subtitles for the songs. I remember one year some VERY angry Austrians singing and yelling and smashing guitare. The lyrics? About the love for a pet bunny. I kid you not.

eurovision is a pile of crap but I watch it for the obvious politics, the humour and the dire entries our country throws in :lol:

TRA Rotid;195513 said:
You watch Olympic games?
This time? No way. On principle. It should NEVER have been given to China. NEVER.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

TRA Rotid;195513 said:
You watch Olympic games?

Nope, they bore the hell out of me.

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

Dark Drakan;195774 said:
Nope, they bore the hell out of me.

What, ALL of them? To perpetuate a stereotype, I would think that you'd at least like the soccer.

I mean, I watch the damn Olympics and I don't give a **** about watching people swim or flip; and don't care much more about the baseball, softball, basketball, or soccer.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Walker;196924 said:
What, ALL of them? To perpetuate a stereotype, I would think that you'd at least like the soccer.

I mean, I watch the damn Olympics and I don't give a **** about watching people swim or flip; and don't care much more about the baseball, softball, basketball, or soccer.

Yeah none of it interests me, only soccer (football to us) im interested in is the English Premier League, Champions League and European and World Cups. Although i did watch some of the boxing while i was getting some more done on my new tattoo.

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

I see. Don't understand, but I see.

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score

I give this year's Olympics the finger. A big *beeping* travesty it is, China should never ever have gotten it.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Tsuyu;197080 said:
I give this year's Olympics the finger. A big *beeping* travesty it is, China should never ever have gotten it.

Ive heard that exact thing said so many times over the last few days.

Albion Knight

Premium
Reaction score

TRA Rotid;195513 said:
You watch Olympic games?
I've caught an event or two. I'm too busy playing pub games to watch :D

F

FableFreak

I'm really into Olympic Boxing, and although I am not a fan of swimming I like to watch our Phelps smash himself into the history books by getting 8 gold medals.

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score

The only thing us Aussies are good at is the swimming and the cycling. And only our chicks have had much sucess in the pools.

Grant Hacket couldn't even win his pet event. :(

Phelps sucks :whistle:

Triz

Woot! Food =)
Reaction score

To all the staff:

Has the wind been disrespecting your jacket?

( Almost forgot that some people don't know what I'm talking about. That means ' How is the weather were over there? '.

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

Tsuyu;197080 said:

I don't know why but I haven't heard that much bitching about it here. Well, aside from my brother. And my mom. Which is pretty much half the people I've been talking to for the last week or so. So who knows?

AK said:
I've caught an event or two. I'm too busy playing pub games to watch :D

Bastard. I need to get thoooose! And I can't pick up my paycheck and money till tomorrow!

Arseface said:
Phelps sucks :whistle:

[blows raspberry] Hey, I just saw a couple of Aussie twins win rowing... wait, never mind, weren't they New Zealanders? Ummm... I can't remember. Your flags look too much alike. So, I guess that DOESN'T make you feel much better about Phelpsy-boy beating your swimmers.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Triz;197197 said:
To all the staff:

( Almost forgot that some people don't know what I'm talking about. That means ' How is the weather were over there? '.

Its ok over here at the moment just a typical day, not really very sunny and not too cold.

Angel

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

Tsuyu;197080 said:
Amen to that - roll on 2012...and all the inevitable terrorist scares that are bound to go with it...

Triz;197197 said:
To all the staff:

It's meh at the moment - have yet to be rained on but the sky is bleak and it's kinda humid...

B

Blue Will

Ahhh i found it!

I was going to ask you something, Angel, but that thread wasn't suitable, would of gone right off the subject.

I saw you had Lost Odessy, I have heard that it was very good, including online play. I was going to get it but got Mass Effect instead :lol:

So i was wondering, is it worth getting it?! How good is it? and does the online play work? and does it work well?

Thats about it ^_^

Angel

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

Lost Odyssey is not an online game - there are no online playing options as far as I know. There may be DLC but I'm not sure...

LO is a good game - can get a little frustrating when you find yourself dying three million times and the last save point was ages ago (my current issue!) but if you are a JRPG fan then this shouldn't annoy you too much. I just hate running back and forth generating random battles just to level up enough to progress past a boss...

It's a very beautiful game - quite a few puzzles thrown in for good measure - and lots of stuff to find/earn that you may need a walkthrough to find out about. If you are a fan of JRPGs then you'll like this - just be prepared to need to spend a lot of time simply levelling up so that you can progress - even the walkthroughs get it wrong when they recommend you be a certain level. It's best to be at least one or two above the recommended level to be sure of winning.

Get it - it's worth the money and there is a lot to the story so that it's not predictable or dull

B

Blue Will

Cool thanks for that! And yes I'm a fan of JRPG's. I have played most of the Final Fantasy's and completed them and done nearly everything you possibly can in them! Both Golden Suns (very good games). So yeh i don't mind spending time training in random battles.

I must have been mistaken with the whole online thing then. But my PS2 died like a couple of months ago due to old age, i don't have a PS1 so now i can't play any Final Fantasy at all, apart from DS, which i have XII Revenant Wings and III.

I want a PS1!! :'(

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Blue Will;197667 said:
Cool thanks for that! And yes I'm a fan of JRPG's. I have played most of the Final Fantasy's and completed them and done nearly everything you possibly can in them! Both Golden Suns (very good games). So yeh i don't mind spending time training in random battles.

I must have been mistaken with the whole online thing then. But my PS2 died like a couple of months ago due to old age, i don't have a PS1 so now i can't play any Final Fantasy at all, apart from DS, which i have XII Revenant Wings and III.

I want a PS1!! :'(

Put it this way, im a Final Fantasy fan and it was the game that FFXII should have been. I still havent completed Lost Odyssey as it is a huge game and takes a lot of time to do everything. However it is the best JRPG ive played since FFX, and i played that A LOT. Recently i havent had the time or patience to continue some parts but i will as its an excellent game.

Angel

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

Go down your local GAME or gamestation and pick up a 2nd hand one for about £20...or try ebay...

Either that or get a new PS2 which don't cost all that much anymore so you can play all the PSOne games as well as the PS2 ones.

LO is very reminiscent of FF in many ways and I reckon you'll enjoy it immensely.