• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Ask The Staff 'Anything'

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
Re: Ask The Staff 'Anything'

^I can answer that since she is sometimes slow... Yes.

Dr Doom

Reaction score

oh good, so does she believe in jesus

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Gunman23;341420 said:
O great Admins from Above, would you please change my username to Pirate X? Thanks :D

Be done in a minute or two.

DarkenedSoul;341432 said:
Dark Drakan: I'm organising the wedding. What roses do you like? Red? White? Fire?

My girlfriend says black. =]

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

DarkenedSoul;341704 said:
You're an evil man, Drakan.

:lol: its been said.

Hermit

Boy next door
Reaction score

DarkenedSoul;341704 said:
You're an evil man, Drakan.

Understatement, wrong.That's like saying Oedipus KINDA liked his mom.

Noctus

Metal Connoisseur
Reaction score

Dark Drakan;341705 said:
:lol: its been said.

Well.....Is your girlfriend................ open minded?

PhilistineEars

yep, definite Lurker
Premium
Reaction score

Would it be possible to set up forum contests? People could vote on different categories: best answer, best thread topic, best graphic, best FableFic, etc.? Whether the prize is simply recognition or maybe a free month of gold membership, think it would add a new dimension to the forum, albeit a bit time consuming.

Just a thought.

Tiamatria

Believes in John Myung
Reaction score

PhilistineEars;341825 said:
Would it be possible to set up forum contests? People could vote on different categories: best answer, best thread topic, best graphic, best FableFic, etc.? Whether the prize is simply recognition or maybe a free month of gold membership, think it would add a new dimension to the forum, albeit a bit time consuming.

Just a thought.

That's a real good idea, you should post that in the Heroes' Guild forum, that's the one for suggestions.

@Staff,

Would it be a wise investment to get a camcorder to do future YouTube videos? I should be getting a Gamebridge for Christmas so I'm really hoping that works out.

Skotekal

Sheeple President
Premium
Reaction score

I still remember the "Win a Copy of Fable II" contest. That was pretty cool.

And as a question: Can the old template be brought back? Y'know, that nice silver one? A long time ago there was an option for a choice. And I really liked the other one, as nice as this is.

Devalion

Glittering Generality.
Reaction score

So, in 2 paragraphs, what are the major events of the past year since I've been active?

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

DarkenedSoul;341801 said:
Well.....Is your girlfriend................ open minded?

Very. ;)

PhilistineEars;341825 said:

Just a thought.

We are happy to hear peoples suggestions for contests and ways we can get the community to have more interaction.

Tiamatria;341840 said:
That's a real good idea, you should post that in the Heroes' Guild forum, that's the one for suggestions.

@Staff,

Would it be a wise investment to get a camcorder to do future YouTube videos? I should be getting a Gamebridge for Christmas so I'm really hoping that works out.

If you plan to do quite a few then yeah why not?

Skotekal;341842 said:
I still remember the "Win a Copy of Fable II" contest. That was pretty cool.

And as a question: Can the old template be brought back? Y'know, that nice silver one? A long time ago there was an option for a choice. And I really liked the other one, as nice as this is.

Unsure, have to ask Steve.

Devalion;341857 said:
So, in 2 paragraphs, what are the major events of the past year since I've been active?

Activity has been ticking over nicely. Some good active members have came and some irritating trolls have been banned... pretty much the usual sort of stuff. :lol:

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score

Here's a question for the Admins sans Dark Drakan: "How frequently do you check the Forums?"

I ask because your lives must be pretty hectic with the new baby; I rarely see either of you in the 'Currently Active Users' list. Could it be because the both of you are constantly 'Invisible' ?

A Question for Andy: "How do you manage to keep on top of things so well around here, despite having a Full-Time job and Girlfriend?"

Just something I've been wondering in the past few days. Before, I assumed that the entire staff team did their part and shared the duty of running this forum, but now due to the lack of activity in two admins, and Tsuyu's new job it seems to be just you and Brian.

I also understand that the two Staff members (excluding Bards) who post most frequently are Dark Drakan and Tsuyu, and I'm sure that Brian who doesn't post as frequently as he once did has taken his Moderator status to heart and has concentrated on that and probably posting in the Staff forums.

Another question, for Tsuyu: "What's your first name?"

I know Andy, Brian, Sharon and Steve - so that leaves just you.

I apologise if any of the above makes no sense; I am slightly hungover and am losing concentration as we speak.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

droded;342313 said:
Here's a question for the Admins sans Dark Drakan: "How frequently do you check the Forums?"

A Question for Andy: "How do you manage to keep on top of things so well around here, despite having a Full-Time job and Girlfriend?"

I check the boards multiple times a day usually. Sometimes I dont have time straight after work to check them so I secretly check them while im at work.

I try and get as much done as I can in that time (general Admin moderating and checking emails). Then later I try and post and check the updates with the community and answer any outstanding PM's and VM's.

Droded said:
Just something I've been wondering in the past few days. Before, I assumed that the entire staff team did their part and shared the duty of running this forum, but now due to the lack of activity in two admins, and Tsuyu's new job it seems to be just you and Brian.

People have lives away from these forums and we understand that and the staff are volunteers so are under no obligation to be here at all times. I just try and do my part and keep things running smoothly as best I can.

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

I'm set to Invisible, hence the absence of my name in the active list I should imagine. Means I can check in without having to necessarily deal with replying to things I may not have the time for straight away. I try to get on at least once every couple of days, baby and other responsibilities permitting, but I don't always post. Plus Steve and I share a battery for our laptops since his own battery died and as his job is working on the interwebz, he gets priority over my need to eBay and watch Arby n the Chief.

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score

To all staff, I have three controversial questions, cause I am a jerk like that:

1: What jobs do each of you have atm? And does it pay well enough to survive in comfort?

2: How the hell did they make "Where the Wild Things are" from a five minute stupid book to a three hour stupid movie?

3: Some people think pedophilia is natural, are they full of ****?

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

Firis;342471 said:
To all staff, I have three controversial questions, cause I am a jerk like that:

1: What jobs do each of you have atm? And does it pay well enough to survive in comfort?

2: How the hell did they make "Where the Wild Things are" from a five minute stupid book to a three hour stupid movie?

3: Some people think pedophilia is natural, are they full of ****?
1. I'm a company director for a small charity. I'm also a trustee for said charity which means I can't command a wage of any sort for my position of company director. Which roughly translates as my dad (owner and creator of charity) is a tightwad who doesn't want to pay me. Mercifully, Steve makes the money in our house and we live pretty comfortably off it - we don't spend much, but then we don't need much so it all works out rather well.

2. Have no idea what any of that meant.

3. Even if it makes me ignorant of ancestry/genetics/culture/history and whatever else I have little knowledge of, I'd say those people are definitely full of the proverbial.

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score

Pedophilia is unnatural in the sense that having sexual interest in a non-sexually mature/active individual is counter-productive and thus, biologically speaking, an irrational waste of time.

Noctus

Metal Connoisseur
Reaction score

Tsuyu;342490 said:
Pedophilia is unnatural in the sense that having sexual interest in a non-sexually mature/active individual is counter-productive and thus, biologically speaking, an irrational waste of time.
This. At least us furries are attracted to something that doesn't exist ;D