• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Evelutoin

• Thread starter flamingsquirrel
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
H

Hexadecimal

Re: Evelutoin

strictly speaking, the evolutionary perspective in anthropology is not opposed to the bible or the big bang... in fact there are many christians who believe that god created the universe and then god kind of programmed different lifeforms to evolve over time, I guess so he wouldn't get sick of them... I'm not gonna touch the religious arguements out of respect for possible christians or other religious groups among us, but I will say that like Tsuyu said, there has been untold amounts of evidence to support the evolutionary standpoint, with none to support the idea of poof here's a world...

weirdkidinabox

Eccentric Genious
Premium
Reaction score

Tsuyu;24893 said:
Funny thing about Creationism is that it is based on the Bible and thus is belived to be the work of god. But the Bible is 100% written by man, and we are not even certain who put it togheter and there are parts that should be in the Bible, but "someone" decided not to put in - all this makes you wonder, eh?

So uh, I was right? Kinda? Sorta? Not?

Thats creepy about the omitted segments, I never paid much heed to the Bible if I am honest, I am not a very religious person. You said earlier about two original humans breeding making the human race 'handicapped' and inbred, it would be amusing if that actually was the case and the first two humans were actually super intelligent uber beings and as every generation passes onwards humans get more stupid until they eventually destroy the planet... damn if I believed in creationism I would never date or have sex- I would just be like;
"OMFG EWWW Thats my two gazillionth cousin forty billion times removed through marriage on my Mothers side!"

o_O

Edit: That would in fact make creationism somewhat of the anti-evolution- say- de-evolution!

H

Hexadecimal

haha that's funny...
we have a part of our cells that has its own dna, it's actually a seperate organism, and it gets passed on from out mothers... it we were all descended from eve, we'd all have the same one, but we don't

weirdkidinabox

Eccentric Genious
Premium
Reaction score

Hexadecimal;24895 said:
strictly speaking, the evolutionary perspective in anthropology is not opposed to the bible or the big bang... in fact there are many christians who believe that god created the universe and then god kind of programmed different lifeforms to evolve over time, I guess so he wouldn't get sick of them... I'm not gonna touch the religious arguements out of respect for possible christians or other religious groups among us, but I will say that like Tsuyu said, there has been untold amounts of evidence to support the evolutionary standpoint, with none to support the idea of poof here's a world...

Yeah, I like to have tangable, literal evidence for things. Pure blind faith and belief isnt enough for me. The day somebody shows me irrefutable proof that God exists or the world just appeared and/or was created over the duration of seven days by a 'super-being' that will be the day I become Christian.

weirdkidinabox

Eccentric Genious
Premium
Reaction score

Hexadecimal;24898 said:
haha that's funny...
we have a part of our cells that has its own dna, it's actually a seperate organism, and it gets passed on from out mothers... it we were all descended from eve, we'd all have the same one, but we don't

Surely that disproves the point of creationism and the Bible itself unless the Bible says God created more than just Adam and Eve to begin?

H

Hexadecimal

it's all well and good to have an opinion, but one has to be open to the idea of challenging it. If there is no evidence to support you, and nothing but solid evidence to support something else, one must always be open to the idea of changing ones mind... that goes for evolution as well as anything else in life

weirdkidinabox;24901 said:
Surely that disproves the point of creationism and the Bible itself unless the Bible says God created more than just Adam and Eve to begin?

and that depends on which version of the bible you read

Double Post Merged - Dark Drakan

H

Hexadecimal

weirdkidinabox;24901 said:

and that depends on which version of the bible you read

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score

Some other fun facts of the Bible:

You are allowed to sell your daughter into slavery.
A man with long hair should be ashamed.

The first one is obivously shocking, the other one more on the ironic side: Who is almost always pictured having long hair? The son of god himself, *****.

Oh, also, to clarify: I do not have anything against Christians or something like that, everyone has the right to belive in what they want. I simply find the Bible and all it's aspects amusing - it's a book millions, or maybe billions, belive in yet we do not even know who put it together.

weirdkidinabox

Eccentric Genious
Premium
Reaction score

Tsuya, thats hilarious, well the irony piece anyway. I should be ashamed, darn it o_O

Hex, there are different versions of the Bible? Whats up with that, I always figured that the Bible was the uh.... Bible... not like the Bible by Stephen King and the Bible by JRR Tolkien for want of a better way to put it.

F

flamingsquirrel

The probelm is that there is no proof for either case. Evoltoin may make sense, but it dosn't have any proof, saying here, that is definate. neither does creatoinism. There are things that tend to disprove the other, but ot prove it'self. Imagine it like a gaint electoin day, instead of the politican at hand trying to prove that he himself is right for the job, they only try to show that the other guy isn't right for the job.

So to some people evolutoin makes sense, ut creatoinism also makes sence, it makes sense that a divine being could have created all. there is no proof, just disproof, such as men wrote the bible, but then thye counter argument is that God was ultimatly in controll of what was put in there anyway.

proof against evultoint is that it needs tons of time to take place, they counter argument is that our dating systems prove how old the earth is, the counter argument to that is that Mount Saint helens erupted at 8:32 on a Sunday morning, May 18, 1980. It was the first volcano that seintist were actualy able to document ad study. 35 years later a group of sientist went back and dated the volcanic rock. We kow for a fact that it's 35 years old, however the it was dated milloins and miloins of years old.

so we just have them disproving eachother, but not proving themselvs

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score

weirdkidinabox;24912 said:
Tsuya, thats hilarious, well the irony piece anyway. I should be ashamed, darn it o_O

Hex, there are different versions of the Bible? Whats up with that, I always figured that the Bible was the uh.... Bible... not like the Bible by Stephen King and the Bible by JRR Tolkien for want of a better way to put it.

I should too, but long hair is my metal life style...

Haha, I'd love to see a Tolkien designed version of Christianty - It'd be sooo kickass!

Flamming, you're quite wrong. There are tons of evidence for Darwinian evolution. Austrailia and New Zealand have some interesting spieces...aswell as the Galapagos Island.

Also, Creationism can never "disprove" Evolution since it's all based on the Bible, which in turn is 100% made by humans, as in made up, however Evolution and Science disproves Creationism on regular basis.

H

Hexadecimal

the bible has been altered so many times it's ridiculous...
they have a new politically correct version, it's absolutely bizarre...
there's a line in the original which reads "now I am a man, I put away childish things" but now they've changed man to person...
hello, he was a male, why can't he say man?
if they can change that to be politically correct, who's to say what else has been changed that we dont' know of, and there's been a lot we do know of

F

flamingsquirrel

dude, tolkien was christain...
anyway, yor random fact stuff:
that was in the old testament, in the new testament,(EDIT: WTF?? it cencord out J`e`s`u`s) changed everything, working on the sabbath, etc, he basicly wipe the slate clean of the old rules, and make some new ones

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score

flamingsquirrel;24916 said:
dude, tolkien was christain...
anyway, yor random fact stuff:
that was in the old testament, in the new testament,(EDIT: WTF?? it cencord out J`e`s`u`s) changed everything, working on the sabbath, etc, he basicly wipe the slate clean of the old rules, and make some new ones

What's written in the Bible might have been words and actions of the son of god - but it was definitly a man who choosed what to put in the Bible and that is very important to remember. And this man choosed to put into this holy book that it is allowed to sell your daughter into slavery. Think about that...

And when I said a Tolkien inspired Christianity I meant one with the LotR world and creatures to act the roles of the Bible - and set in Midgard.

F

flamingsquirrel

Bu if you belive the Bible, then you know that God was in controll of whatwent in to it and such. He (God) could have stoped things he didn't want in, and made sure things he wants are in.

And as I said before, in the OLD TESTAMNET you might have been able to sell your duahgter into slavery, but again J`e`s`u`s` changed the laws when he came

H

Hexadecimal

Tsuyu;24918 said:
What's written in the Bible might have been words and actions of the son of god - but it was definitly a man who choosed what to put in the Bible and that is very important to remember. And this man choosed to put into this holy book that it is allowed to sell your daughter into slavery. Think about that...

yeah, even translations of the origingal words can change everything...
the word we took to mean rib, in hebrew means rib or side,and side meant half...
that would make the whole difference between historicly treating women as lesser objects because they were created as part of man, rather than as equals... and the bible was translated into hebrew, then latin, into english... who's to say how much was altered just because of interpretation?

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score

flamingsquirrel;24920 said:
Bu if you belive the Bible, then you know that God was in controll of whatwent in to it and such. He (God) could have stoped things he didn't want in, and made sure things he wants are in.

Which is the very reason it's too dangerous to belive 100% of what's in the Bible - if you do, as you say, you belive it all to be the words of (God) and thus will never misstrust any part of it - which might be what it's human creator wanted.

weirdkidinabox

Eccentric Genious
Premium
Reaction score

Tsuyu;24914 said:
I should too, but long hair is my metal life style...

Haha, I'd love to see a Tolkien designed version of Christianty - It'd be sooo kickass!

Flamming, you're quite wrong. There are tons of evidence for Darwinian evolution. Austrailia and New Zealand have some interesting spieces...aswell as the Galapagos Island.

Also, Creationism can never "disprove" Evolution since it's all based on the Bible, which in turn is 100% made by humans, as in made up, however Evolution and Science disproves Creationism on regular basis.

A fellow metaller- yay ^_^

A Tolkien version of Christianity would be mind blowingly awesome to the point of my mind actually exploding in little bits of brain.

The Bible and Creationism is kind of a belief thing- you believe that what you are reading is in fact true without question and without any kind of evidence. I mean where is the cross ***** was crucified to, where is the tomb he was in, where was the Garden of Eden located, did anybody ever find any part of the stone tablet the ten commandments was written on? Evolution has things such as skeleton pieces and other items to support its theory. I understand that evidence for evolution may have a more broader search basis for evidence but the only things ever really found to support the bible were more things like additional scriptures all penned by men.

Squrriel, neither of us were debating Tolkiens religion, I dont care if he was Christian or not. He wrote like a legend and it would be beautiful to see how he would write something such as the Bible or, as we said, his version of it and Christianity itself.

F

flamingsquirrel

I'm just saying, since tolkien was christain, he would have a ....perfectly normal viewpoint/versoin of it. now tolkiens versoin of scientology...wow

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score

"The Bible and Creationism is kind of a belief thing" - So true. And I don't bash people who thinks this way, or look down on them.

But the horrifying thing is that in some parts the Creationism fanatics have succeeded in getting it thought as a subject in school. I've even heard rumours of cases where they went as far as to replace the teachings of evolution with Creationism!

Again I say I don't look down on Christianity and it's belifs - but it aint science, people! It should not be thought at schools as a valid theory of how the world and it's creatures came to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.