• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Evelutoin

• Thread starter flamingsquirrel
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
H

Hexadecimal

Re: Evelutoin

flamingsquirrel;24999 said:
no no no no! your guys are talking about fanatical freaks! those people should be walked out into a forest and executed, or have all their reproductive organs removed. They can't live with the fact that some people don't belive the same thing as they do. See, I know you are going to burn in hell for all eternity, but i'm not going to go phyco and push everything on you, thats YOUR choice, I just give you the informatoin, you make the choice. You seem like you know the info, the choice is up to you, if don't want to belive it, fine, thats OK. don't be all ****ed at me going "z0mg I can't belive u said that!!11" thats just MY personal belief, you have no more right to bitch at me then i do at you for repeatadly saying that i'm a "brain washed zombie that can't think for myself and belivies everything my parents say" I know I did the reasearch, looked into all sorts of things, and evolutoin just dosn't seem to fit, I found Christianity to make the most sense.

hey, relax...
I can't really speak for other people, but I believe that when they were refering to brain washed zombies they were refering to the crazy cults that are popping up recently, such as the "fags must die" group. Those people are CRAZY. CRAZY. Nobody said that there was anything wrong with Christianity or being a Christian. Everyone is really respectful around here and you're entitled to your opinion. If you just read over the posts, you'll see that this is just a matter of misinterpretation... however, maybe you could keep the burning in hell for all eternity comments to a minimum... I'm personally looking forward to it, but some people might take it personally.

F

FableFreak

WOW, those are some Psycos(sp?) right there! Probably hicks who are homo's themselves.

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score

Flamming I'd prefer if you did not tell our forum users, and myself, that we will burn in hell for all eternity, I take it as a grave insult. You might not like what you read on this thread, but don't insult everyone like that.

Might be your silly little belif that we are lowly sinners and all that - keep it for yourself!

And your god is goodness and forgivness, so we would all be forgiven and not burn in hell - only the idiotic branch of christianity, like the Phelps, belive that all other than christians will burn in hell.

weirdkidinabox

Eccentric Genious
Premium
Reaction score

flamingsquirrel;24999 said:
no no no no! your guys are talking about fanatical freaks! those people should be walked out into a forest and executed, or have all their reproductive organs removed. They can't live with the fact that some people don't belive the same thing as they do. See, I know you are going to burn in hell for all eternity, but i'm not going to go phyco and push everything on you, thats YOUR choice, I just give you the informatoin, you make the choice. You seem like you know the info, the choice is up to you, if don't want to belive it, fine, thats OK. don't be all ****ed at me going "z0mg I can't belive u said that!!11" thats just MY personal belief, you have no more right to bitch at me then i do at you for repeatadly saying that i'm a "brain washed zombie that can't think for myself and belivies everything my parents say" I know I did the reasearch, looked into all sorts of things, and evolutoin just dosn't seem to fit, I found Christianity to make the most sense.

Nobody was going all "zOMG n00bish" on you dude- relax. Myself and Tsuya were merely discussing the more fanatical groups within Christianity who are out there, we were not saying all Christians were like that, heck both my parents are Church religious folk and their perfectly normal- not raving lunatics like the aforementioned psychos. We werent implying that you were one of those psychos, you have been nothing but respectful to us in this thread and I hope we have shown you the same courtesy. Each to their own is what I say.

I dont want to make a big deal from this but I have to say, and I know it is your belief and all that, but I would appreciate if you didnt say in no uncertain terms that we are all going to tell. Statements like that can lead to arguments and many non-Christians see that kind of thing provocation and this thread has been going so well that I would hate to see it closed because of a silly argument.

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score

Thank you, wierdkidinabox, you put my thoughts into words that I myself couldn't put together in my anger. I respect ppeoples faith, religion and belifs. I simply can't find it right to think anyone not thinking and beliving the same as you to be doomed to be tortured for all eternity. Satanist, christian or muslim. I care not, but when they start picking on people for not being of their faith, that's taking it too far. And certainly thinking them being worth only eternaly torture in the after life is taking it a huge leap too far!

On another note, Flammingsquirell, if you think we've been insulting you all the time, I am sorry. We did not. But the fact is that both Creationism and the Phelp's "God hates fags" - cult both derived from Christianity and that's why it was mentioned so many times. We meant never to insult neither you or Christinaity.

weirdkidinabox

Eccentric Genious
Premium
Reaction score

Tsuyu;25014 said:
Thank you, wierdkidinabox, you put my thoughts into words that I myself couldn't put together in my anger. I respect ppeoples faith, religion and belifs. I simply can't find it right to think anyone not thinking and beliving the same as you to be doomed to be tortured for all eternity. Satanist, christian or muslim. I care not, but when they start picking on people for not being of their faith, that's taking it too far. And certainly thinking them being worth only eternaly torture in the after life is taking it a huge leap too far!

Not a problem, I am shocked I actually kept a cool head when posting that if I am honest about it. I dont mind discussing religions/ideals/beliefs if it is a proper discussion, people are what they are, its like flamingsquirrel said, its their choice, but when a discussion turns to people getting 'condemned' to a place they do not believe in, it results in a lot of anger. People should always be as open as possible to the views of others, that way arguments can be avoided.

Since this discussion formed from a topic based on evolution I want to jump back to that for a second- I toyed with this idea once upon a decade ago;

What if the original men and women on the planet were created by God in the form of neanderthal man and as millenia passed onwards they evolved into homo-sapiens? Its kind of a bridge between the two aspects- in a way. Im not saying I actually belief this but its just a thought to try and bring us back on topic a little...

*prepares to be shot at from both sides*
DUCK AND COVER!!

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score

*Puts on his saftey googles and white lab coat and starting up his Plasmacannon - X12b he just invented*

Die die die, there was no such thing as Adam or Eve!

Haha, but seriously, to a lesser extent I could belive in that. I vote the scientific approach to evolution and all that, starting back to the Big Bang - but what caused it? I am almost certain there must be some will or entity behind the Big Bang....or until we can trace back to what caused it. But that probably won't be happening during my time on this earth.

weirdkidinabox

Eccentric Genious
Premium
Reaction score

Tsuyu;25020 said:
*Puts on his saftey googles and white lab coat and starting up his Plasmacannon - X12b he just invented*

Die die die, there was no such thing as Adam or Eve!

Haha, but seriously, to a lesser extent I could belive in that. I vote the scientific approach to evolution and all that, starting back to the Big Bang - but what caused it? I am almost certain there must be some will or entity behind the Big Bang....or until we can trace back to what caused it. But that probably won't be happening during my time on this earth.

Is there not already some theory as to how the big bang occurred?

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score

Not one I've heard of - and besides a theory is not a fact unless it's proven. ;shifty:

weirdkidinabox

Eccentric Genious
Premium
Reaction score

Tsuyu;25025 said:
Not one I've heard of - and besides a theory is not a fact unless it's proven. ;shifty:

Aha, your theory on theories appears to be correct :lol:

Seriously though I thought that a while ago scientists had came up with some ground breaking idea/theory about how the big bang started. Something to do with particules and molecules and gases or something? Too complex for to understand- beyond my basic knowledge of logic T_T

F

flamingsquirrel

I understand your reactoin, but I don't see how it's any worse than when atheists walk up to me and tell me the worms will eat me. Which is stupid becuase I know the worms WILL eat me, just that I wont be in my body.
If you really don't belive in Heaven or Hell, then you should have no problem, thats like me telling you that if you turn on your computer, it turn into a serial killer and gut you. You don't belive that, to you, it's incredibly ridiculas, so why let it bother you?

H

Hexadecimal

flamingsquirrel;25040 said:
I understand your reactoin, but I don't see how it's any worse than when atheists walk up to me and tell me the worms will eat me. Which is stupid becuase I know the worms WILL eat me, just that I wont be in my body.
If you really don't belive in Heaven or Hell, then you should have no problem, thats like me telling you that if you turn on your computer, it turn into a serial killer and gut you. You don't belive that, to you, it's incredibly ridiculas, so why let it bother you?

it's not our belief, it's your intent that is offensive. It's like if I curse at you in another language, whether you understand the word or not, if you know I'm saying something derogatory you will be insulted. The idea that you would like to see people tortured for all of eternity is insulting. I can say I wish someone was never born. They know it wont happen just because I wish it, but are hurt anyway.... it's just not very nice, and really judgemental...:(

F

flamingsquirrel

My intent is not to offend, my intent to is to tell you what I belive. I'm not trying to make you feel bad, just telling you what I belive. You have stated what you belive, while your intentoin is not to offend it can still do that.

Either way, lets put this aside shall we, no sense in becoming enemies just beciase we don't belive the same thing.

H

Hexadecimal

flamingsquirrel;25043 said:
My intent is not to offend, my intent to is to tell you what I belive. I'm not trying to make you feel bad, just telling you what I belive. You have stated what you belive, while your intentoin is not to offend it can still do that.

Either way, lets put this aside shall we, no sense in becoming enemies just beciase we don't belive the same thing.

It's a deal :D

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score

I think it's not a case of not beliving the same thing. It's the fact that you told us all that just because we don't belive in what you belive we'd be tortured forever in hell. Sort of a Phelp-ish comment I would say.

F

flamingsquirrel

I never said you would, I just said I belive.
thats what I belive, you don't belive that.

I have a history class in 10 min and havent eaten anything today, so I gotta go

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score

flamingsquirrel;25056 said:
I never said you would

What do you call this then?

See, I know you are going to burn in hell for all eternity

You didn't say belive, you said know. And I still can't understand why, that's how Christianity was during the medival times, now it's about forgivness and everyone will be forgiven and let into heaven.

weirdkidinabox

Eccentric Genious
Premium
Reaction score

Please do not take offense at this, it is not my intention to offend with this statement, just enquire, I have a curious mind which needs to know what a Christian may think of this;

What I dont get is that if I have led a great, loving and giving life, if I havent broken any of the ten commandments and I have lived, lets say, a better and more fulfilling life, helped others selflessly and have done more good in the world than most Christians then why, nomatter what I believe in life, would I not go to heaven when I die? I get condemned to hell purely instantly because I didnt worship at the alter of God, because I didnt spread his word throughout humanity and because I led a good life and helped others? Christianity in my eyes is a very flawed religion because its essence is not about doing good in the world to attain peace- its about promotion of and belief of God through fear of an eternity of damnation.

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score

Christianity, aswell as the other religions are full of flaws like that and we could go down that road and bash every religion in the world and expose it's weaknesses and flaws, but that would only add to the tension level of this thread I think.

Now I am in no way saying that's your intention, nor do I belive it is, wierdkidinabox.

F

flamingsquirrel

Acording to christianty: yes, you still wouldent make it" to heaven (is that better than saying yes, you'd still burn in hell?) I can't remember who, it's either the jews or the catholics who belive that no matter what you do, you still go to heaven, but you spend time in "penance" for all the bad stuff you did, the more bad stuff you did, the more time you spend in "penance" In Christainity, you have to accept *****, the jews aknowlege him as a prophet, not the son of God. In christainity, as long as you accept *****, and have good intensoins, you get a "gaurntee ticket" to heaven, if not well, you'd get ****ed at me again if I said it. And Christainity is not about running around telling people there're going to hell, it's about spreading the news that if you accept *****, you get a one way ticket to heaven.

Tsuyu: While you say Christainity has flaws, only one was pointed oput, and I squelshed it, I would be intereseted in hearing the other "flaws" you see in it.

And as for the whole "we could go down that road and bash every religion in the world and expose it's weaknesses" you can also do the same to evolutoin and the big bang, etc.

As i've said before, there are certain things that disprove each other, but not prove itself. And I have yet to see somthing that seriously disproves creatoinism aside from the fact that people are unwilling to admit there is somthing more powerful than themself out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.