• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Evelutoin

• Thread starter flamingsquirrel
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

weirdkidinabox

Eccentric Genious
Premium
Reaction score
Re: Evelutoin

flamingsquirrel;24930 said:
I'm just saying, since tolkien was christain, he would have a ....perfectly normal viewpoint/versoin of it. now tolkiens versoin of scientology...wow

Yeah but if he was writing it like he was writing a book of his own, like if the Bible didnt exist and Tolkien was the one writing it- say from a semi-fictional observational viewpoint.

Scientology always baffled me, is it a cult? Is it a religion? Xenu? Aliens? Its just a little too far out there for me so I guess I find it kind of ridiculous.

H

Hexadecimal

Tsuyu;24932 said:
"The Bible and Creationism is kind of a belief thing" - So true. And I don't bash people who thinks this way, or look down on them.

But the horrifying thing is that in some parts the Creationism fanatics have succeeded in getting it thought as a subject in school. I've even heard rumours of cases where they went as far as to replace the teachings of evolution with Creationism!

Again I say I don't look down on Christianity and it's belifs - but it aint science, people! It should not be thought at schools as a valid theory of how the world and it's creatures came to be.

yeah, there's a number of schools in the U.S. who succeeded in replacing evolution with creatonism in science class, or in teaching them both together... religion is great, but to teach it in biology class is just weird...

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score

Scientology is more of a scamming company tricking people out of their money and possesions than a real religion. Hells, it's found, some big-shot Sci-Fi writer has even been quoted to have said "The best way to earn money is to start a religion" - and he did and proved true to his words.

Here's the very interesting core belif of Scientology - It has everything: Spaceships, ailens, human slaves and the nuking of volcanoes with hyrdogen bombs!

Xenu - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

weirdkidinabox

Eccentric Genious
Premium
Reaction score

Tsuyu;24932 said:
"The Bible and Creationism is kind of a belief thing" - So true. And I don't bash people who thinks this way, or look down on them.

But the horrifying thing is that in some parts the Creationism fanatics have succeeded in getting it thought as a subject in school. I've even heard rumours of cases where they went as far as to replace the teachings of evolution with Creationism!

Again I say I don't look down on Christianity and it's belifs - but it aint science, people! It should not be thought at schools as a valid theory of how the world and it's creatures came to be.

If anything there should be a class which enlightens children on both schools of thought- that way they can be equally informed and make up their own minds about things. The question is trying to find impartial teachers who will not lean towards a certain theory.

weirdkidinabox

Eccentric Genious
Premium
Reaction score

Tsuyu;24938 said:
Scientology is more of a scamming company tricking people out of their money and possesions than a real religion. Hells, it's found, some big-shot Sci-Fi writer has even been quoted to have said "The best way to earn money is to start a religion" - and he did and proved true to his words.

Here's the very interesting core belif of Scientology - It has everything: Spaceships, ailens, human slaves and the nuking of volcanoes with hyrdogen bombs!

Xenu - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I only know what South Park has taught me about Scientology lol- before that I thought it was a subject they taught at University relating to science or something T_T

H

Hexadecimal

weirdkidinabox;24940 said:
If anything there should be a class which enlightens children on both schools of thought- that way they can be equally informed and make up their own minds about things. The question is trying to find impartial teachers who will not lean towards a certain theory.

but that's just the thing
a theory by definition is backed up by evidence but for whatever reason has not been proven beyond the shadow of a doubt
a belief is just something people believe whether there is evidence or not
religion is not a theory, there is no evidence to support it, and while that in no way means it isn't true, that doesn mean it shouldn't be taught in school

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score

weirdkidinabox;24940 said:

I have to disagree with you here: Evolution is a fact, science and can be proven and thus should be thought as the way creatures came to be on this planet. Creationsim is, as we've said, "fiction"(In the scientific sense that it can't be proven), religion and belif and thus should be thought in religion class.

They should in no way be thought of equally.
It's like teaching kids that apples are the same as oranges.

weirdkidinabox

Eccentric Genious
Premium
Reaction score

Is creationism taught in biology class did I read further up the page? Thats dodgy, way dodgy. I have nothing against classes like Religious Education, as it was called in my high school, because primarily alot of that is just parables and teachings which can be applied to everyday life- the commandments and such. Teaching creationism in a class such as biology is definately taking things too far. I see where you guys are coming from now, how the two cant be taught together because of the fact one is science and the other is belief based. >.<

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score

weirdkidinabox;24955 said:
Is creationism taught in biology class did I read further up the page? Thats dodgy, way dodgy. I have nothing against classes like Religious Education, as it was called in my high school, because primarily alot of that is just parables and teachings which can be applied to everyday life- the commandments and such. Teaching creationism in a class such as biology is definately taking things too far. I see where you guys are coming from now, how the two cant be taught together because of the fact one is science and the other is belief based. >.<

Apples and oranges, eh? It's the backside of religion - it breeds phsychos and fanatics.
We're mainly used to see Ak47 wielding muslim extremists in some poor quality video from the middle east, but such wackos can be found in your back yard these days....

weirdkidinabox

Eccentric Genious
Premium
Reaction score

Tsuyu;24959 said:
Apples and oranges, eh? It's the backside of religion - it breeds phsychos and fanatics.
We're mainly used to see Ak47 wielding muslim extremists in some poor quality video from the middle east, but such wackos can be found in your back yard these days....

Damn dude I was watching the news the other day and it was showing something about a documentary which was being filmed that followed a J~e~s~u~s Camp in America thats teaching like 7 year old kids to be willing to die for God and all this stuff. It seemed pretty hardcore, I cant remember the name of the Chruch that was running it but it had kids crying, rolling on the floor and all this crazy 'can you fell God in the room stuff'. One can only wonder how those kids will react to people who oppose their views when they are older.

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score

I think it's a wonder nobody has taken the law in their own hands and shot them hateful gits yet...

Sad thing is that almost all of the members are related, either by marrige or blood, and they raise their children in that "faith". The children obviously wants to belive their parents and grow up "brain washed" into these little hatful bastards.

weirdkidinabox

Eccentric Genious
Premium
Reaction score

Tsuyu;24975 said:
I think it's a wonder nobody has taken the law in their own hands and shot them hateful gits yet...

Sad thing is that almost all of the members are related, either by marrige or blood, and they raise their children in that "faith". The children obviously wants to belive their parents and grow up "brain washed" into these little hatful bastards.

Well usually most children take their cues from their parents in those kind of aspects. That kind of thing can only end in one way- some kind of mass killing or a shooting of people just because of beliefs/sexuality/race...

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score

weirdkidinabox;24980 said:
Well usually most children take their cues from their parents in those kind of aspects. That kind of thing can only end in one way- some kind of mass killing or a shooting of people just because of beliefs/sexuality/race...

I can tell you - I wouldn't be sad if it did, apart from their brain washed children getting killed, that'd hurt my tender and loving spirit a bit.

I mean, these guys actually have the nerve to go around celebrating with signs saying "god hates fag soldiers" and "Thank god for dead soldiers" outside the cemetary gates during the burial for soldiers who died in Iraq and stuff..! :realmad:

weirdkidinabox

Eccentric Genious
Premium
Reaction score

Tsuyu;24984 said:
I can tell you - I wouldn't be sad if it did, apart from their brain washed children getting killed, that'd hurt my tender and loving spirit a bit.

I mean, these guys actually have the nerve to go around celebrating with signs saying "god hates fag soldiers" and "Thank god for dead soldiers" outside the cemetary gates during the burial for soldiers who died in Iraq and stuff..! :realmad:

Rabble Rabble :realmad:

Man it sickens me to think that those kinds of people are allowed to hang out freely without being brought into jail. Those kinds of people need to get some sense. What person in their right mind sports a slogan; "God Hates Fags"

Thats not to mention the soldiers they are thanking God for dying are in fact dying to keep those assholes free from persecution by terrorists and various other militant organisations the world over.

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score

They also thanked (God) for the Colombia space shuttle accident that killed the crew onboard it. Apparently, they didn't appease (God) by not using their authority as space shuttle crew and national heroes to speak out against homosexuallity.

They also hate the US and belives it's the root of all evil(Which is very ironic because it's the freedom of speech amongst other things in the US that keeps them out of jail) and thanks (God) for 9/11 and hurricane Kathrina - well, basiclly anything bad that happens to people other than themselves they thank (God) for....

weirdkidinabox

Eccentric Genious
Premium
Reaction score

Tsuyu;24987 said:
They also thanked (God) for the Colombia space shuttle accident that killed the crew onboard it. Apparently, they didn't appease (God) by not using their authority as space shuttle crew and national heroes to speak out against homosexuallity.

They also hate the US and belives it's the root of all evil(Which is very ironic because it's the freedom of speech amongst other things in the US that keeps them out of jail) and thanks (God) for 9/11 and hurricane Kathrina - well, basiclly anything bad that happens to people other than themselves they thank (God) for....

Some people are just deficient when it comes to sympathy for others. Those jerks dont appreciate their lives and all the freedom that comes with it, nor do they appreciate the sacrifices in the past that have been made so they can go round and talk their **** like assholes, they take advantage of it and exploit it to start fueds, arguments, promote hatred and generally act like idiots.

Anyway, I must be heading for the night, getting with the tired and not functioning of the brain correctly o_O

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score

Oh crap, I have school in four hours myself...Time for a speedy nap! :sleep:

F

flamingsquirrel

no no no no! your guys are talking about fanatical freaks! those people should be walked out into a forest and executed, or have all their reproductive organs removed. They can't live with the fact that some people don't belive the same thing as they do. See, I know you are going to burn in hell for all eternity, but i'm not going to go phyco and push everything on you, thats YOUR choice, I just give you the informatoin, you make the choice. You seem like you know the info, the choice is up to you, if don't want to belive it, fine, thats OK. don't be all ****ed at me going "z0mg I can't belive u said that!!11" thats just MY personal belief, you have no more right to bitch at me then i do at you for repeatadly saying that i'm a "brain washed zombie that can't think for myself and belivies everything my parents say" I know I did the reasearch, looked into all sorts of things, and evolutoin just dosn't seem to fit, I found Christianity to make the most sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.