• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Fable 2 - Easter Eggs

• Thread starter Stealthic Khaos
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

MagnaSparda

The True Hero of Skill
Reaction score
Re: Fable 2 - Easter Eggs

Hey guys to wrap up the confusion on Teresa the one and only teresa. It is the same teresa. She even has on the same red and white clothing. Not to mention the huge amount she knows about heroes and the guild and oakvale (wraithmarsh) if rose meets scythe at the end of the game. then im sure teresa could live for 500 plus years. its not that far of a stretch. hope this helps clear it up a bit :) take care all

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

MasterJh;233598 said:
I'm not flaming but Albion is another word for England, NOT Britain. Another thing is it's not an easter egg, alot of the stuff from the Fable universe is taken from old english words e.g. Hobbe and Albion

No. Albion is (was originally) another word for Britain. The island-- the Roman/Latin name. And I was operating under the assumption that Hobbe was a reference to Hobbes-- as in "[life is] nasty, brutish, and short.' Just like the Hobbes. Could also just be from hobgoblin, I guess. And there was a creature called a hob, too.

"Albion (Ἀλβιών in Greek) is the oldest known name of the island of Great Britain. Today, it is still sometimes used poetically to refer to the island, or to just England itself. It is the basis of the Scottish Gaelic name for Scotland, Alba." First paragraph of the Wikipedia. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albion

And no, that isn't really a Easter Egg. But the Union Flag plastered across the Hero's naked ass in Fable I definitely was. I wonder if that's in F2, too? I haven't looked.

Sorry to bicker. I get a bit obsessive sometimes. And what, Scots Gaelic doesn't count as a language in Great Britain?

Seigfreid

The Guardkiller
Reaction score

Another Easter egg was one to only those who have wathed the Army of Darkness and its precursor.

Sam and his book, the Normanomicon, is reference to a character of the same name who founded the Necronomicon, and stupidly unleashed it evil undeadness. This is all part of the quest when ridding Bowerstone cemetary of the Zombie army. After you obtain the book and return it to Samn he then recites a phrase closely similar to the phrase spoken to seal away the curse of the book. This is a horrible explanation I'm sure, but I get the gist of it.

Another, I thought was...
one of the quotes in the load screen where it talks about how the Hero who deafeated jack also killed the Guildmaster. It said the words "Your health is low" were carved on his forehead. This being the GM constantly pointing out that your health was low whenever it was...or wasn't. This I thought to be freakin hilarious.

One that now came to mind was...
the Gargoyles sometimes say, "Hero, do you have any health or food?" which, though inaccurate, is what the Guildmaster would also say when you were low on health. But truth he would say, "Do you have any health POTIONS or food?"

There are a whole bunch more I could point out, but I want to see if others caught such refrences.

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score

jj4beth;233520 said:
i like pie

STOP SPAMMING

MasterJh;233636 said:
I really hope you mean "In Fable 1 you spoke with a British accent" because otherwise i would have to say that you have some form of mental retardation... You speak British in basically every game you play and also if i wanna be picky i could say that actually you can't speak "British" because Great Britain is the culmination of 3 countries (not including Northern Ireland) and within those countries there are 2 languages; English and Welsh

...Damn, i'm so bitchy sometimes :blush:

Hey be nice. We knew what he meant.

skyscan;233665 said:
Anyone notice in Fable 1 your blind sister was named teresa.
And that robed-woman in Fable 2 (who is also blind) that helps you along the way, and then eventually takes over the spire, is also named teresa.
Coincidence, I think not. But for now it's a phat egg.

This has been discussed at length, and the overwhelming opinion is that it is the same one.

MasterJh;233904 said:
Yeah my mate told me about that but he also said that in Fable 1, Theresa's eyes are physically cut out (by Twinblade, i think...can't remember) and in Fable 2 Theresa's eyes are still in her head, she's just blind but i don't think it really matters because what are the chances of two people having the same name and both being blind and being tied to the same family?

Glass eyes, maybe.

Wonderfoole WINO

Schizoid Misanthopist
Reaction score

my wife once said "is being an adventurer as easy as it sounds? iv heard an intire lifetime can pass within a matter of hours! sounds horrible to me."

there is an achamy shop in bloodstone called "your health is low".

there is a loading screen telling of a hero who killed the guildmaster and the words "your health is low" where carved into his forhead.

also a loading screen says this was overheard from a citizen "iv heard tales of the old heros guild, they say the guildmaster could comunicate with any hero at any time. sounds annoying to me".

when rescuing charlie, he mentions "do you have any idea how annoying it is having some old woman telling you what to do all the time?" and your character does, seeing as how teresa tells you what to do the entire game.

not really an easter egg, but you can find rose's diary in the location where your little hut was in old town when you were a child.

ScareCrowReturn

The Token Schizo
Premium
Reaction score

^ I love the Loading Screen one with the Guildmaster.. When i read that.. I LOLLLLED! Hardout!

hahahahha!

Dagzey

Sith Lord
Reaction score

Seigfreid;234264 said:
Another Easter egg was one to only those who have wathed the Army of Darkness and its precursor.

Sam and his book, the Normanomicon, is reference to a character of the same name who founded the Necronomicon, and stupidly unleashed it evil undeadness. This is all part of the quest when ridding Bowerstone cemetary of the Zombie army. After you obtain the book and return it to Samn he then recites a phrase closely similar to the phrase spoken to seal away the curse of the book. This is a horrible explanation I'm sure, but I get the gist of it.

The characters name was Ash

The thing with theresa still being alive, maybe has something to do with the shadow court and the dark seal. as you know, reaver is about 300 hundred y.o. right? and it's the dark seal that has kept him looking young. coinceidentally, the shadow court is located in the same place where you first see theresa in Fable I

MasterJh

Reaction score

Walker;233971 said:
No. Albion is (was originally) another word for Britain. The island-- the Roman/Latin name. And I was operating under the assumption that Hobbe was a reference to Hobbes-- as in "[life is] nasty, brutish, and short.' Just like the Hobbes. Could also just be from hobgoblin, I guess. And there was a creature called a hob, too.

"Albion (Ἀλβιών in Greek) is the oldest known name of the island of Great Britain. Today, it is still sometimes used poetically to refer to the island, or to just England itself. It is the basis of the Scottish Gaelic name for Scotland, Alba." First paragraph of the Wikipedia. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albion

And no, that isn't really a Easter Egg. But the Union Flag plastered across the Hero's naked ass in Fable I definitely was. I wonder if that's in F2, too? I haven't looked.

Sorry to bicker. I get a bit obsessive sometimes. And what, Scots Gaelic doesn't count as a language in Great Britain?

I didn't count Scottish Gaelic because i was typing rather quickly and forgot about it, also in that wiki description it actually says it can either be used to describe the island as a whole or just England so i obviously got told it was just England. Also i definitely know that Hobbe is a "ye olde english" word, i think it was literally a horrid little pixie or something along those lines.

Wonderfoole WINO

Schizoid Misanthopist
Reaction score

i didnt read all the posts so its probly been mentioned, but lets not forget the huge easter egg that is lions head isle. i love that quest. its so cool.

Seigfreid

The Guardkiller
Reaction score

Dagzey;234334 said:
The characters name was Ash

The thing with theresa still being alive, maybe has something to do with the shadow court and the dark seal. as you know, reaver is about 300 hundred y.o. right? and it's the dark seal that has kept him looking young. coinceidentally, the shadow court is located in the same place where you first see theresa in Fable I

Bah! Curse you and your Information Nazism, I said they get the gist of it! But thanks though, don't want people getting misinformed, it could make them prone to catch...the stoopid!

I only noticed the island by a little just as I was diving off the cliff. I thought that was cool.

There is another Easter Egg-kinda thing, but this time it's an acheivement. Look for the one called The Black Knight, where you have to shoot both weapons out of a Hollow Man's hands, and then give him a head shot. This I would most certainly believe is reference to the black knight in Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

That's probably obvious around here, but hey, just thought I'd point it out.

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

MasterJh;234372 said:
I didn't count Scottish Gaelic because i was typing rather quickly and forgot about it, also in that wiki description it actually says it can either be used to describe the island as a whole or just England so i obviously got told it was just England. Also i definitely know that Hobbe is a "ye olde english" word, i think it was literally a horrid little pixie or something along those lines.

Yes, Albion was later used as a poetic description for England, as Columbia was once used for the US. But the original meaning was Britain, the island. And yes, I know what the wunnerful paragraph I quoted said. I'm the one who quoted it.

Well... here's the thing: I HAVE heard/read of hobs, household helper spirit-type things. But I've never seen then spelled hobbes or hobbe. Whilst I HAVE heard of Hobbes and his infamous "nasty, brutish, and short" quote. Which I think makes a much better easter egg.

B

bounty hunter99

weirdkidinabox;233188 said:
Burial garb perhaps, clothes have aged and altered colour due to soil compsoition?Unknown side effects from the process of reviving her could have changed her hair.
o_O
yeh either that or the hair changed due to the fact that it cot CUT OFF and was sitting in a damp sandy tomb for 500 :):D:lol::pyears

S

Stealthic Khaos

Updated a bit more. By the way, the quotes on the loading screen arent easter eggs.

S

Striken7

One of the best ones I heard from a couple of kids in Bowerstone Market. One of them says something like "Quickly, we have to go close the Oblivion gates!" and then they run off together to slay imaginary demons.

I laughed pretty good when I heard that.

Dagzey

Sith Lord
Reaction score

Seigfreid;234403 said:
There is another Easter Egg-kinda thing, but this time it's an acheivement. Look for the one called The Black Knight, where you have to shoot both weapons out of a Hollow Man's hands, and then give him a head shot. This I would most certainly believe is reference to the black knight in Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

That's probably obvious around here, but hey, just thought I'd point it out.

Ahh, It's just a fleshwound. C'mon, i'll bite your legs off.

P

Paralyse

In addition to the already mentioned Normanomicon, I'll add Sam and Max as character names as their own Easter Egg in reference to the comics/PC games.

Also, for those of you as ancient as I am, one of the headstones in BGY reads something like "You are splashed by acid from the acid blob. Your mace corrodes!" , a reference to the text-based RPG 'nethack' aka Rogue.

Most of the tombstones in BGY for that matter are puns or EE's, such as the one where a Mr Atkins was 'unbalanced' (an Atkins Diet reference?) and others are just outright funny such as in-game novellist Meredith Sock's, which reads something like "Meredith Sock. You suck."

BTW. The in-game inhabitants of Albion speak English, last I checked -- which particular dialect of British English (or Scots for ye Gargoyles) can be determined by others with more time than I. :)

MasterJh

Reaction score

On the subject of Sam and Max; both of the characters are modelled on two Lionhead employees (they're brothers) and in early development, one of the characters trousers weren't there (bug) so it was made top priority to fix it =p

Dag204

Long-Time Albion resident
Reaction score

Most of the DYE names are easter eggs, such as "Soilent Dye" which is green and a reference to Soilent Green. Also the gargoyles make some references to Fable 1, such as saying "Do you have any potions?"

Also one of the demon doors has these Knights just standing there and they are called "Terry Cotters knights" a reference to the Terracotta army of china.

Dag204

Long-Time Albion resident
Reaction score

Paralyse;235019 said:
In addition to the already mentioned Normanomicon, I'll add Sam and Max as character names as their own Easter Egg in reference to the comics/PC games.

Also, for those of you as ancient as I am, one of the headstones in BGY reads something like "You are splashed by acid from the acid blob. Your mace corrodes!" , a reference to the text-based RPG 'nethack' aka Rogue.

Most of the tombstones in BGY for that matter are puns or EE's, such as the one where a Mr Atkins was 'unbalanced' (an Atkins Diet reference?) and others are just outright funny such as in-game novellist Meredith Sock's, which reads something like "Meredith Sock. You suck."

BTW. The in-game inhabitants of Albion speak English, last I checked -- which particular dialect of British English (or Scots for ye Gargoyles) can be determined by others with more time than I. :)
like someone said, Sam and Max is not a reference to the "Sam & Max" series, it is based off of two of the developers in the game, whose names ARE NOT sam and max but they are real life brothers and the character models are based off of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.