• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Fable 2 - Easter Eggs

• Thread starter Stealthic Khaos
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jedimindtrixxx

Re: Fable 2 - Easter Eggs

there is a dye called soylent dye, and its green, and the description says "color differes for different people" and there is a movie called soylent green, and its about the future where the place is over populated, and there is like no food, and they eat soylent, and there is like soylent blue, soylent red, and it ends up soylent green is made of humans. just something small

theres a bowerstone grave that has captain sparrow (pirates of the carribean)

there is a grave in oakfield that says "here lies the sandgoose, loved by all, seen by none"

and btw it is theresa from fable 1 , and also, to prove this in the loading screen, it says "Some people still remember reading about a blind seeress named Theresa, who lived 500 years ago and was said to belong to an ancient bloodline", aswell she is blind just like in fable one.

L

lancepaa

she's assembled from parts that you find by the cemetery caretaker... sounds charming

S

ShadowAssassin

wow, i didnt know that people were so dumb that they would beleive that half that stuff is an 'easter egg' it just seems since the dovelopers are english that maybe the actors would be british too.... and there wasnt an 'america' around in those times, just britain and europe and asia(with major civilasation and technology of the time) anyway half that stuff you posted up is just your head playing with you, but for the other stuff maybe....

Aions

Cant dance.
Reaction score

Swarthy Revenge Indigo Dye: This is indigo of the rare Montoya genus. You have crushed its flowers. Prepare to dye.
Lol, it took me a while to remember where i had heard the Indigo Dye one. but the man's name, Inigo, and indigo are similar, so thats why they chose the indigo dye.
Princess Bride: My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.

The character of Farmer Giles is a reference to the novella "Farmer Giles of Ham", which was written by J.R.R. Tolkien in 1937. One part of the story details Giles warding off a troll with the use of a blunderbuss, hence the legendary blunderbuss that once belonged to Giles in Fable 2.

B

barnum

also, one of the kids in bowerstone says "I woke up on a slab and can't remember my name. i am THE ANONYMOUS ONE!!" from planescape:torment

James Butts

A Damn Fool
Reaction score

lolcat-funny-picture-moderator1.jpg

Check The Post Dates!!!!!!

X

XXdrowninflameXX

Anchorman reference in one of the perfumes
"60% of the time it works..every time."

Jmax09

WR in Chicken Kicking
Reaction score

Check the post dates??

(((Ghost of moderator kitteh)))

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

In this case it's almost certainly okay, seeing as the alternative would be them making a whole new thread to mention these...

Which I don't remember having heard before and wouldn't have caught if I had. How sad.

LittleJBanks

Reaction score

fable2rules123;233608 said:
In Fable 1 u spoke British

now that shows peoples ignorance. british is not a language so you cant speak it. however english is a language and you can speak that.

adenp9070

Reaction score

but i think we al know wht he means, brittish is the way we in england speak, americans speak english but a varyed form

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score

(The) British are people from the UK, not a language or variant of language. It is called American English and British English. After all, you don't speak American, do you?

adenp9070

Reaction score

some of it, we have many differances though, like a penut butter and jelly sandwich, jelly means different things, pants means different things, fanny means different things i dont know how many there are but if i went to america im sure there would be alot of confusion in a conversation, also we do use the term 'he speaks brittish as there are so mant variants here, it would mean posh english, then theres essex (me), scouse, northern, ****ney, cambs, jordy, manc ect all are english but very different

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score

Local custom doesn't make it correct, nontheless.

adenp9070

Reaction score

slang does as thats now part of the language

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score

No, there is no language called British. Just because I call apples "round pears" doesn't make them pears.

adenp9070

Reaction score

no because thats a different fruit like comparing english and spanish, if you called it a granny smith, or golden then yes it would be correct because its a variation. english, american, c ockney, scouse, british are all variations, if i said hes talking british everybody would know what i ment giving it a meaning, if i said hes a billy, everybody here will know what i mean whereas alot of people on here probably wont

D

Darksteel

When you first go to wraithmarsh the guy named old gregg is from a very scary british tv show

Dr. Oz

Reaction score

Having a mangina does not make him scary.

Status
Not open for further replies.