• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Fable 3: Reavers role?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vicious Dice

Smashing Pumpkins
Reaction score
Re: Fable 3: Reavers role?

SelfAppointedGunslinger;414528 said:
YES!!! that would be the ultimate irony!!! :D

And irony is the best kind of humor...

Shadowtree

Winner of Lil'Miss Zerg 2010
Reaction score

Vicious Dice;414734 said:
And irony is the best kind of humor...

Agreed.
sirsimon said:
he's in league with logan, due to the crates bearing an R and a L and the workhouses apprently belong to him.

but on one quest he says he will betray logan if you agree to build a large area of workhouses. you have to agree or not

As I said in a previous thread I may be convinced to help Reaver build what he wants, provided its NOT the orphanage he wants destroyed.... Or a hospital for sick children... >.>

Blestb

Colour me intrigued
Reaction score

Shadwotree;414803 said:
Agreed.

As I said in a previous thread I may be convinced to help Reaver build what he wants, provided its NOT the orphanage he wants destroyed.... Or a hospital for sick children... >.>[/Q

From being an orphan, i can tell you: the kid's wont care.

Aions

Cant dance.
Reaction score

I did not read any other posts in this thread so if this has been said already well w/e

I believe Reaver is working for and/or with Logan cus in the opening cinematic you see crates with “ L & R” on them - Logan and Reaver- so I think Reaver has a company some where and is shipping raw goods to Logans factory to be made in to useable items by kids in the Albion shops, and its no doubt that Reaver is using slaves also

Wasabi

Cant play Fable 3 till Dec.
Reaction score

I love Reaver, so I'll let him do whatever he wants. :D

Also, as said before LR is believed to mean "Logan Rex," meaning "King Logan."

Overan

Reaction score

Reavers story, My Theory. During the intergame period Reaver travels with Garth to Samarkand and lives his life to the extent only his indulgent soul could. However after a few years his money begins to run, shall we say, a little short and so Reaver returns to the thing he does best, piracy. He outfits a ship and crew and captures many Aurorian and Albionish ships alike. One night he overhears one of his party guests boast over how successful he has become trading goods and shipping with an undiscovered land. Reaver proceeds to inebriate his guest and learns of this land to the north, the goods they demand, ports of call, and even aquires a map of Albion befor shooting the captain dead.

Once Reaver has established his shipping empire he proceeds to purchase and build new factories across Albion to manufacture goods to sell to the Aurorians, he also purchases mines or whatever Aurora has to offer Albion and thus Reaver Industries is born headquartered in Samarkand, Aurora's capitol.

Involvement In Fable 3

After the Hero of Fable 3 and Sir Walter are stranded in Aurora, go through their ordeal in Shadelight Dungeon, and trek across Shifting Sands they find the port city of Samarkand. While in Samarkand, and in the hope of returning to Albion they stow away aboard a Reaver Industries ship only to be discovered and brought to Reaver himself. Reaver then offers his support and safe passage to Albion in exchange for a section of Mill Fields which he wants to industrialize.

joslen1

Resident Psychiatrist
Reaction score

i thought samarkand was a country like albion (isn't it?)

Blestb

Colour me intrigued
Reaction score

Overan;414937 said:
Reavers story, My Theory. During the intergame period Reaver travels with Garth to Samarkand and lives his life to the extent only his indulgent soul could. However after a few years his money begins to run, shall we say, a little short and so Reaver returns to the thing he does best, piracy. He outfits a ship and crew and captures many Aurorian and Albionish ships alike. One night he overhears one of his party guests boast over how successful he has become trading goods and shipping with an undiscovered land. Reaver proceeds to inebriate his guest and learns of this land to the north, the goods they demand, ports of call, and even aquires a map of Albion befor shooting the captain dead.

Once Reaver has established his shipping empire he proceeds to purchase and build new factories across Albion to manufacture goods to sell to the Aurorians, he also purchases mines or whatever Aurora has to offer Albion and thus Reaver Industries is born headquartered in Samarkand, Aurora's capitol.

Involvement In Fable 3

After the Hero of Fable 3 and Sir Walter are stranded in Aurora, go through their ordeal in Shadelight Dungeon, and trek across Shifting Sands they find the port city of Samarkand. While in Samarkand, and in the hope of returning to Albion they stow away aboard a Reaver Industries ship only to be discovered and brought to Reaver himself. Reaver then offers his support and safe passage to Albion in exchange for a section of Mill Fields which he wants to industrialize.

Either that or he may be caught committing piracy by Logan's men, brought to him and offered a deal, rather than going to jail.

Skorm's Boss

Nasty Bugger
Reaction score

joslen1;414959 said:
i thought samarkand was a country like albion (isn't it?)

true, I think it's ment to be Africa, as Albion is ment to be Britian;)

And Reaver's roll is to entertain me!^_^

Blestb

Colour me intrigued
Reaction score

Skorm's Boss;414972 said:
true, I think it's ment to be Africa, as Albion is ment to be Britian;)

And Reaver's roll is to entertain me!^_^

Middle east actually

Wasabi

Reaction score

Those Reaver Industries ships are really cool. I've seen them lurking about in the E3 trailer, gameplay demos and interviews. The masts actually fold up and down!

Perhaps we'll be lucky enough to get our hands on one in Fable 3. I won't know till December. GRRR!!

GhostlyIcicle

I'm so lazy that...
Reaction score

Well, I read on an interview or somewhere, that, Aurora has never been seen before, it's completely new, never heard of. Getting tired of people linking it with Samarkand, as it's obviously a completely different place. :getlost:
Garth and Reaver are teleported to Samarkand by Theresa, as you know. If Samarkand was IN Aurora, then you'd of heard of it during Fable II. Which you didn't. :wassat:

Shark

Sleep. All life is a dream.
Reaction score

I always thought Samarkand was like a East Asia land in Fable world, like Albion is Britain... I would say its Middle East but then theirs Aurora so :S

I hope Reaver will be a strong ally and not try to backstab as much, I also hope for him to have some type of big secret from the pass, like that idea of him being the 'Hero of Oakvale', something along those lines.

GhostlyIcicle

I'm so lazy that...
Reaction score

Shark;415200 said:
I always thought Samarkand was like a East Asia land in Fable world, like Albion is Britain... I would say its Middle East but then theirs Aurora so :S

I hope Reaver will be a strong ally and not try to backstab as much, I also hope for him to have some type of big secret from the pass, like that idea of him being the 'Hero of Oakvale', something along those lines.

The Hero of Oakvale? Did you really just say that?

Reaver destroyed Oakvale. He made the deal with the King of Shadows, who devoured all the villagers. Oakvale was where the Hero of Oakvale lived. (Duhh) He didn't destroy his own hometown. That's ridiculous.

He's a Hero of Skill, not a descendant of the Archon. By descendant of the Archon I mean the Hero of Oakvale and the Hero of Bowerstone. Even Theresa is a descendant of the Archon. This mean they posses skills in all three powers.

Besides, The Hero of Oakvale and Reaver look and sound and are nothing alike. :getlost:

But aside from that, I've already planned out how I'll deal with Reaver :lol:
I'm gonna agree to build the workhouses or factories or whatever, then not deliver on the promise. See how he reacts. :shifty:

Wasabi

Reaction score

^ Take it easy. No reason to get nippy!

I hope Reaver will be a strong ally and not try to backstab as much

Me too. I actually like Reaver a lot and I'm usually evil in all my games so I'll let him have free reign. >:]

GhostlyIcicle

I'm so lazy that...
Reaction score

Wasabi;415213 said:
^ Take it easy. No reason to get nippy!

Me too. I actually like Reaver a lot and I'm usually evil in all my games so I'll let him have free reign. >:]

Sorry :lol:
I wasn't too keen on him to be honest o_O Tries to sell you back to Lucien. At that point in Fable II, I was hoping you got to fight him. ^_^

SqueakyPenguins

You sire, are a idiot!
Reaction score

Wasabi;415131 said:
Those Reaver Industries ships are really cool. I've seen them lurking about in the E3 trailer, gameplay demos and interviews. The masts actually fold up and down!

Perhaps we'll be lucky enough to get our hands on one in Fable 3. I won't know till December. GRRR!!

Actually Its Oct. 26th unless you're in a diffrent counrty. :unsure: :p

Kahindes

Reaction score

I have to admit that I like Reaver's character. As for the role that he plays in the story, it doesn't matter to me. Even though he is meant to be an Evil character I still found a liking to him. If it was someone in real life that was that bad, I wouldn't like him at all, but this is a video game and those kind of characters make it interesting.

As for Samarkand, I always thought that it was supposed to be some from of Africa, or perhaps the Fable version of Asia. Some references in game and otherwise just made me think that. Aurora is a Middle Eastern based country, I actually don't mind the terrain. I'm looking forward to playing in that kind of environment.

Overan

Reaction score

Unless I am mistaken about Fable 2 all that is revealed about Samarkand is that Garth is from there, we also learn the master axe, Daichi, and rising sun were forged within Samarkand. Other than that the land remains an inigma.

Kahindes

Reaction score

It's never elaborated on, which is a shame. Where Samarkand is actually based on is just speculation. There are a few theories based on little things in the game and not one of those point to any solid evidence to where is based on. Some people think East Asia; since katanas and gunpowder were invented there. Some think Africa, simply due to the colour of their skin and culture references. Just theories and speculation, nothing more.

Status
Not open for further replies.