• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Fable 3: Reavers role?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wasabi

Cant play Fable 3 till Dec.
Reaction score
Re: Fable 3: Reavers role?

SqueakyPenguins;415243 said:
Actually Its Oct. 26th unless you're in a diffrent counrty. :unsure: :p

It comes out Oct 26th, but I'll be in college with no Xbox until December (christmas break).

Yanawa7

Reaction score

I love it when games put hints and clues about /from its prequels. It would be a good idea and I'd be surprised if they weren't already thinking about it.

Shark

Sleep. All life is a dream.
Reaction score

GhostlyIcicle;415207 said:
The Hero of Oakvale? Did you really just say that?
Well actually I said something along the lines of that, meaning something big or/and outrageous from his pass that would make the fans of fable drop the jaws in shock! I don't think that Reaver is the Hero of Oakvale really, I was just trying to think of something big and outrageous, and that was it (their was a topic about it here a week ago, I got the idea from that). But hey at least you understood me and didn't over-react like a big mad grizzly bear! :D

GhostlyIcicle;415207 said:
Reaver destroyed Oakvale. He made the deal with the King of Shadows, who devoured all the villagers. Oakvale was where the Hero of Oakvale lived. (Duhh) He didn't destroy his own hometown. That's ridiculous.

He's a Hero of Skill, not a descendant of the Archon. By descendant of the Archon I mean the Hero of Oakvale and the Hero of Bowerstone. Even Theresa is a descendant of the Archon. This mean they posses skills in all three powers.

Besides, The Hero of Oakvale and Reaver look and sound and are nothing alike. :getlost:
... :(

I have no reply for this, since I never said that I believed that the Hero of Oakvale and Reaver are the same, just suggested an idea along the same lines of that theory. Although apparently the Hero of Oakvale died in Farm... how? I thought that his bloodline was immortal, or everyone except the Hero of Oakvale is immortal?

GhostlyIcicle

I'm so lazy that...
Reaction score

Shark;415544 said:
Well actually I said something along the lines of that, meaning something big or/and outrageous from his pass that would make the fans of fable drop the jaws in shock! I don't think that Reaver is the Hero of Oakvale really, I was just trying to think of something big and outrageous, and that was it (their was a topic about it here a week ago, I got the idea from that). But hey at least you understood me and didn't over-react like a big mad grizzly bear! :D

... :(

I have no reply for this, since I never said that I believed that the Hero of Oakvale and Reaver are the same, just suggested an idea along the same lines of that theory. Although apparently the Hero of Oakvale died in Farm... how? I thought that his bloodline was immortal, or everyone except the Hero of Oakvale is immortal?

Partially immortal ^_^ They live for ages. Except Scythe, because he really is immortal. Sorry for over-reacting :lol:
And the Hero of Oakvale might not even be dead. There's no proof saying he's dead.

StaticRaven

Reaction score

I would find it interesting if Reaver was infact the hero of Oakvale. I think it would add an interesting aspect. Or if he was somehow connected to Jack of Blades.

POOP

Whatever floats your goat
Reaction score

It's a bit impossible, though (obviously). Besides common sense as the main reason for this, he also just treats Theresa like the random person that she is to him. I'm pretty sure the Hero of Oakvale would be like "Oh sis WASSUP it's been like 500 years bro! How ya been!" rather than "I suppose I'll come with you, but then I'll probably kill you." or whatever he says (I don't really care).

joslen1

Resident Psychiatrist
Reaction score

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark
Well actually I said something along the lines of that, meaning something big or/and outrageous from his pass that would make the fans of fable drop the jaws in shock! I don't think that Reaver is the Hero of Oakvale really, I was just trying to think of something big and outrageous, and that was it (their was a topic about it here a week ago, I got the idea from that). But hey at least you understood me and didn't over-react like a big mad grizzly bear!

Partially immortal They live for ages. Except Scythe, because he really is immortal. Sorry for over-reacting
And the Hero of Oakvale might not even be dead. There's no proof saying he's dead.

a lot of people seem to get the meanings of immortal and invincible mixed up
immortal - won't die of old age
invincible - cannot be killed

GunSlingerTeen16

Balvarine Enthusiast
Reaction score

I kinda don't want to see reaver in this game, I mean sure it would be nice to see him in a pub, but I thought he was sort of a d-bag

Arch

Reaction score

I hate Reaver ... Oakvale was my favourite town and your first hero was born there ... I felt so nice being there ... I was dissapointed when I found out that Reaver sold whole Oakvale to shadowcourt ...

I hope I can kill him in Fable 3 ... I want to torture him ... I want to trade his soul for whole Oakvale or for my eternal life ...

He must appear in Fable 3 , I dont care how , but I want to kill him. ^_^

king_reaver

Reaction score

reaver didn't know how shadow court would give him eternal youth
like making deal with devil ,you don't know how he going do it.

Shark

Sleep. All life is a dream.
Reaction score

GhostlyIcicle;415548 said:
Partially immortal ^_^ They live for ages. Except Scythe, because he really is immortal. Sorry for over-reacting :lol:
:p I hope the Hero of Oakvale isn't dead, he is my favorite Hero :3

joslen1;415668 said:
a lot of people seem to get the meanings of immortal and invincible mixed up
immortal - won't die of old age
invincible - cannot be killed
... I've always thought that Immortal was to live forever (not die of old age) and Invincibility was that you cannot be killed. So by your reply your saying that the Hero of Oakvale was killed then buried by some greater threat, greater than JACK OF BLADES... hmm... I find this hard to believe :D And also this threat that killed the Hero of Oakvale just disappeared from Albion...

Wasabi

Cant play Fable 3 till Dec.
Reaction score

Alas. So much hostility towards my favorite character! Ah, well that is the point of him, I suppose. That said, if Reaver dies in Fable 3, I don't think it'll be at our hands.

I think he'll be an ally, as I've said countless times before- and actually a quite useful one. Besides he has cool ships, like the one in the E3 trailer...
http://i35.tinypic.com/29o1pq9.jpg

And these red ones with the collapsable masts you can see laying around Bowerstone Industrial ports in gameplay demos.
http://i35.tinypic.com/nofqe0.jpg

How I would love to get my hands on one of those...>:}

GhostlyIcicle

I'm so lazy that...
Reaction score

Hahah, didn't think this thread would do so well ^_^
Personally, I'm going to promise Reaver what he wants and then just not deliver on it. Doesn't deserve anything from us, hahah. :lol:
Besides, what'd he do if I did? Get a huge navy of ships and declare war on me? Pah! I mean, he couldn't do that .. could he? :wassat: :ermm:

joslen1

Resident Psychiatrist
Reaction score

Shark;415680 said:
:p I hope the Hero of Oakvale isn't dead, he is my favorite Hero :3

... I've always thought that Immortal was to live forever (not die of old age) and Invincibility was that you cannot be killed. So by your reply your saying that the Hero of Oakvale was killed then buried by some greater threat, greater than JACK OF BLADES... hmm... I find this hard to believe :D And also this threat that killed the Hero of Oakvale just disappeared from Albion...

no, im saying the meanings of immortal and invincible. not to quote my dad, but:
'Never ASSUME. It makes an ASS of U and ME'

joslen1

Resident Psychiatrist
Reaction score

sorry for the double post, but it is entirely possible for HoO to have survived. Its also entirely plausible to think that he died in one of the many ways described on the 'How to kill a hero' thread.
also the post that i was scrutinising with my definitions has been edited. Hmmm...

GhostlyIcicle

I'm so lazy that...
Reaction score

No worries ^_^

Yeh, there's nothing saying he's dead and nothing saying he's alive. There's a good chance he could be alive though, as Theresa lived for over 500 years, so could he. I doubt it, but it's possible. :lol:

Also, what does invincible have to do with anything? :lol: I just thought they were immortal, so they wouldn't die of old age. Although now I think of it, you couldn't die in Fable II, so .. :w00t:

pkreniles

Reaction score

i hope hammer is alive she is cool i like garth to

GhostlyIcicle

I'm so lazy that...
Reaction score

pkreniles;416285 said:
i hope hammer is alive she is cool i like garth to

So in other words you want the whole Hero crew from Fable II to return to Fable III? :wassat:
You've gotta move on. Reaver is understandable, as he stays the same age, but the others would be REAL old by now. ^_^

SCYTHERULEZ

Reaction score

I hope reaver comes back just so i can kill him because he was a b@#$h

GhostlyIcicle

I'm so lazy that...
Reaction score

SCYTHERULEZ;416346 said:
I hope reaver comes back just so i can kill him because he was a b@#$h

Heheh, same here fella, he deserves it :lol:
You don't need to hope, they have already confirmed his return. ^_^