• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Fable 3: Reavers role?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Overan

Reaction score
Re: Fable 3: Reavers role?

Well, Garth, Hammer, and reaver were heros along with the hero of bowerstone, they might not have died within the fifty years between the games. More likely however since they were scattered to the winds at the end of Fable II they might just be outside of the Fable 3 hero's adventure (except Reaver we know we know he is to appear in Fable 3).

GhostlyIcicle

I'm so lazy that...
Reaction score

Overan;416445 said:
Well, Garth, Hammer, and reaver were heros along with the hero of bowerstone, they might not have died within the fifty years between the games. More likely however since they were scattered to the winds at the end of Fable II they might just be outside of the Fable 3 hero's adventure (except Reaver we know we know he is to appear in Fable 3).

Well, in any case, it's highly unlikely Garth and Hammer will feature in Fable 3.

• Hammer wants to transcend violence (as she got sick of causing it) - she won't be killing anything soon, just training up in the North with the Warrior Monks. :(
  • Garth was already fairly old in Fable II, so he's going to be pretty old in Fable III, supposing he's still alive after the 50 years. :(
So neither of them are going to be any use to us anyway. If they do feature, it'll probably be a reunion of sorts. Kind of like, "Hey, I knew your Dad." That kind of thing. We've got new friends in Fable III anyway. ^_^

Overan

Reaction score

[*]Hammer wants to transcend violence (as she got sick of causing it) - she won't be killing anything soon, just training up in the North with the Warrior Monks. :(
[/LIST]

Yes, I do believe that with Hammer relocating to the frigid north she may be outside of Fable 3's playable world, and so she may be absent from our story.

• Garth was already fairly old in Fable II, so he's going to be pretty old in Fable III, supposing he's still alive after the 50 years. :(

Garth is a will user and so he prematurely ages and so he is not as old as he seems. Also will users are well renouned for having long lives which would mean being eighty during fable 3 would not be such a hinderance. Lastly Garth and Reaver went together to Samarkand at the end of Fable II and Reaver certainly reappears in Fable three so Garth may be around him, or posibly working together?

My predictions; Hammer- Sadly no appearance, Garth- somewhat likely, Reaver- do I have to say what we all know.

GhostlyIcicle

I'm so lazy that...
Reaction score

Overan;416554 said:
[*]Hammer wants to transcend violence (as she got sick of causing it) - she won't be killing anything soon, just training up in the North with the Warrior Monks. :(
[/LIST]

Yes, I do believe that with Hammer relocating to the frigid north she may be outside of Fable 3's playable world, and so she may be absent from our story.

Garth is a will user and so he prematurely ages and so he is not as old as he seems. Also will users are well renouned for having long lives which would mean being eighty during fable 3 would not be such a hinderance. Lastly Garth and Reaver went together to Samarkand at the end of Fable II and Reaver certainly reappears in Fable three so Garth may be around him, or posibly working together?

My predictions; Hammer- Sadly no appearance, Garth- somewhat likely, Reaver- do I have to say what we all know.

Garth told Reaver to stay out of his way. There's absolutely no chance they're working together. Garth would more than likely have been avoiding Reaver. And you didn't age prematurely in Fable II, why would Garth have aged prematurely? That's a new thing to Fable III, sadly, it's a bit late to change their canon.

Blestb

Colour me intrigued
Reaction score

GhostlyIcicle;416759 said:
why would Garth have aged prematurely? That's a new thing to Fable III, sadly, it's a bit late to change their canon.

They just did...

GhostlyIcicle

I'm so lazy that...
Reaction score

Blestb;416793 said:
They just did...

Oh, has Lionhead said Garth is definitely in Fable III? No, they haven't. The Hero of Bowerstone is dead, now there would be no reason for Garth to return.

Blestb

Colour me intrigued
Reaction score

GhostlyIcicle;416804 said:
Oh, has Lionhead said Garth is definitely in Fable III? No, they haven't. The Hero of Bowerstone is dead, now there would be no reason for Garth to return.

And how did i insinuate that he would return? He said that it's too late too change the canon of the effects of will, but they clearly just have with the premature aging. I like to read things, not just look at them.

GhostlyIcicle

I'm so lazy that...
Reaction score

Blestb;417492 said:
And how did i insinuate that he would return? He said that it's too late too change the canon of the effects of will, but they clearly just have with the premature aging. I like to read things, not just look at them.

But if you didn't prematurely age in Fable II, why would Garth have?

Blestb

Colour me intrigued
Reaction score

GhostlyIcicle;417549 said:
But if you didn't prematurely age in Fable II, why would Garth have?[/QUOTE
If you didn't age prematurely in Fable 2, why would you in Fable 3? I don't know, but the fact is that you do.

Wasabi

Cant play Fable 3 till Dec.
Reaction score

I don't like that you age prematurely using Will...
Good job I never really used Will too much, I just max out my Skills and Toughness. I liked being tall (even taller than Reaver MUAHA).

GhostlyIcicle

I'm so lazy that...
Reaction score

Wasabi;417555 said:
I don't like that you age prematurely using Will...
Good job I never really used Will too much, I just max out my Skills and Toughness. I liked being tall (even taller than Reaver MUAHA).

Same here ^_^

GunSlingerTeen16

Balvarine Enthusiast
Reaction score

Fable 3 takes place 16 year after the 2nd one, so Garth shouldn't be dead at all. And both Garth and Reaver went to the same place, So if we find Reaver, Garth is bound to be near.

Wasabi

Cant play Fable 3 till Dec.
Reaction score

^ No, 60 years. (some info says 50, some 60) :3

I don't think Garth will be around. Yes, Reaver did tag along to Samarkand with him, but I'm doubtful he's still there. He has been helping lead Albion into an industrial revolution, and all.

king_reaver

Reaction score

but garth is will user and hero
he should extend life but he ages unlike reaver
yet haven't heard how bowerstone hero dies

GhostlyIcicle

I'm so lazy that...
Reaction score

Oh my god, we're not getting into this immortality, extended life, premature aging sh** again. It's happened about 4 times now, it only causes arguments :lol:
Put it this way.

• Garth is now too old to come back in Fable III.
  • The Hero of Bowerstone is dead, thus, there is no reason for him to come back.
  • During the 50 year gap between Fable II and Fable III, Garth and The Hero of Bowerstone probably already met eachother again. Thus fulfilling Garth's promise of them meeting again.
  • This is all supposing he's even still alive.

GrimWhim

Reaction score

This is the beauty of lore gaps and retconning (did I spell that right?). Lionhead has never explained how or if the previous heroes are truly dead so for all we know, they could be alive and well though it seems unlikely. Theresa is immortal (or damn close to) as well as Scythe who makes an appearance in Fable II at the end of the game but not in person.

There is, however, a very good chance that Garth and Hammer are alive and well albeit old. Garth is a Will user though and while Will may prematurely age someone in Fable III (which is the dumbest thing I've ever heard of), there is a slight chance he's found a way to prevent that or possibly make himself immortal. After all, the Old Kingdom holds a lot of secrets.

Oh and I should mention I don't care much for Reaver. He was arrogant and he tried to betray me on two separate occasions. I may end up betraying him in Fable III... unless he has some sort of business deal that we can work on to make my kingdom prosper or at the very least, earn me more gold. Haha.

GhostlyIcicle

I'm so lazy that...
Reaction score

GrimWhim;417728 said:
This is the beauty of lore gaps and retconning (did I spell that right?). Lionhead has never explained how or if the previous heroes are truly dead so for all we know, they could be alive and well though it seems unlikely. Theresa is immortal (or damn close to) as well as Scythe who makes an appearance in Fable II at the end of the game but not in person.

There is, however, a very good chance that Garth and Hammer are alive and well albeit old. Garth is a Will user though and while Will may prematurely age someone in Fable III (which is the dumbest thing I've ever heard of), there is a slight chance he's found a way to prevent that or possibly make himself immortal. After all, the Old Kingdom holds a lot of secrets.

Oh and I should mention I don't care much for Reaver. He was arrogant and he tried to betray me on two separate occasions. I may end up betraying him in Fable III... unless he has some sort of business deal that we can work on to make my kingdom prosper or at the very least, earn me more gold. Haha.

Precisely. We don't even know if the HoO is dead. Theresa isn't. And I don't really care if Hammer is or isn't. I never liked her.

GrimWhim

Reaction score

GhostlyIcicle;417730 said:
Precisely. We don't even know if the HoO is dead. Theresa isn't. And I don't really care if Hammer is or isn't. I never liked her.

Agreed. In fact, I'd like to kill both Theresa and Hammer.

Blestb

Colour me intrigued
Reaction score

Misogynist...

joslen1

Resident Psychiatrist
Reaction score

GhostlyIcicle;417720 said:
Oh my god, we're not getting into this immortality, extended life, premature aging sh** again. It's happened about 4 times now, it only causes arguments :lol:
Put it this way.

• Garth is now too old to come back in Fable III.
  • The Hero of Bowerstone is dead, thus, there is no reason for him to come back.
  • During the 50 year gap between Fable II and Fable III, Garth and The Hero of Bowerstone probably already met eachother again. Thus fulfilling Garth's promise of them meeting again.
  • This is all supposing he's even still alive.

where is the confirmation that hero of bowerstone is dead?
also, theresa is still going strong at 600. now, garth might not be of the bloodline, but he is the most powerful will user out there. there is every chance that he found some way to prolong his life.

Status
Not open for further replies.